Page 142 of 507 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 10128

Thread: The WoV Thread

Anti Capitalist? Um, okay... How much does it cost to go?

Originally Posted by Prozema View Post
    Anti Capitalist? Um, okay... How much does it cost to go?
    You are supposed to look past such things.😃

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    BM has developed a world-wide popularity: it is not just for Californians.

The anti-establishment, anti-capitalist spirit is attractive to many, be they counter-culture types or high-achievers yearning to decompress with something awesomely out of the norm, if only for a few days.

The creativity, the art constructions, the neon and fire at night are wholly unique to BM and compelling to participants, as is the vibe of peace, love and tolerance.

Note that there is very serious of money and effort involved, both by the organizers and the participants who bring / construct "art" objects / constructs.

BM is wholly unique in the world, there is nothing anywhere that even comes close to matching it; it is levels of magnitude above the hippy-like "Rainbow Gathering" for example.

It seems also to be spiritually fulfilling for many, giving them hope both for their own future as well as for humanity.

Just look at the youtube videos on the subject and see for yourself: I did, and I think it's swell.
    Burning Man attracts every out of work slug, lowlife, hippie, drug addict, lazy-ass lifelong students, potheads, faggots, drifters, and attention-seeking alternative lifestyle celebrities that come out of the woodwork. No responsible person would ever go to such a thing. These losers litter GSR every year before and after, as they beg and solicit in the lobby and in the parking lots.

Compare that scumbag lot with the crowds of people who visit Hot August Nights every year. Just one 1969 GTO on display there has more value than the total worth of 100,000 of these BM morons.

The creativity, the art constructions, the neon and fire at night are wholly unique to BM and compelling to participants, as is the vibe of peace, love and tolerance.
    Tolerance...until someone shows up wearing a MAGA hat.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    BM has developed a world-wide popularity: it is not just for Californians.

The anti-establishment, anti-capitalist spirit is attractive to many, be they counter-culture types or high-achievers yearning to decompress with something awesomely out of the norm, if only for a few days.

Note that there is very serious of money and effort involved, both by the organizers and the participants who bring / construct "art" objects / constructs.

BM is wholly unique in the world, there is nothing anywhere that even comes close to matching it; it is levels of magnitude above the hippy-like "Rainbow Gathering" for example.

It seems also to be spiritually fulfilling for many, giving them hope both for their own future as well as for humanity.

Just look at the youtube videos on the subject and see for yourself: I did, and I think it's swell.
    Burning Man attracts every out of work slug, lowlife, hippie, drug addict, lazy-ass lifelong students, potheads, faggots, drifters, and attention-seeking alternative lifestyle celebrities that come out of the woodwork. No responsible person would ever go to such a thing. These losers litter GSR every year before and after, as they beg and solicit in the lobby and in the parking lots.

Compare that scumbag lot with the crowds of people who visit Hot August Nights every year. Just one 1969 GTO on display there has more value than the total worth of 100,000 of these BM morons.
    For once I almost have to agree with you Singer. BM is still mostly piece of shit hippies and a few piece of shit hippies that stumbled onto some money. They can think they change the world for a few days but most are perverts looking to bang f’d women like it’s Woodstock all over again.

As for HAN, unfortunately it also has become an event for criminals from Sac and San Jose with their low riders looking to get drunk and sell women and drugs. Best to avoid Reno for those weeks.

Looks like the asshat ZenKing is back with more of his know it all nonsense. Still believe the stupid fuck will end up broke sooner than later and as he nothing to fall back on, will end up a news story.

Nothing has shown he has the work ethic to make it gambling and face it, what else can he do. By no means is he dumb, but you can’t teach work ethic or common sense and this loser has neither.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Looks like the asshat ZenKing is back with more of his know it all nonsense. Still believe the stupid fuck will end up broke sooner than later and as he nothing to fall back on, will end up a news story.

Nothing has shown he has the work ethic to make it gambling and face it, what else can he do. By no means is he dumb, but you can’t teach work ethic or common sense and this loser has neither.
    Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel. 😁

Originally Posted by dannyj View Post
    Trumpsters would avoid BM like the plague as it is filled with liberals.

Only an idiot (such as Trumpsters) would even dream of interjecting politics into BM.
    What, Me Worry?

Trumpsters would avoid BM like the plague as it is filled with liberals.

Only an idiot (such as Trumpsters) would even dream of interjecting politics into BM.
    So much for the peace, love, and tolerance vibe.

I agree: a Trumpster at BM attempting to extoll the Trump Message would certainly destroy the good vibe of inclusion, freedom and generosity which is otherwise all-pervasive.

BM is the wrong venue to try to discuss building walls, locking up children and getting pissed on by Russian whores.
    What, Me Worry?

I agree: a Trumpster at BM attempting to extoll the Trump Message would certainly destroy the good vibe of inclusion, freedom and generosity which is otherwise all-pervasive.

BM is the wrong venue to try to discuss building walls, locking up children and getting pissed on by Russian whores.
    If BM isn’t a place to talk about pissing on Russian whores, then where the hell is?

This is the typical shit from kneejerk liberals. Right now, black unemployment is the lowest it's ever been. Trump has the right idea. What was Obama's answer to high black unemployment? "Bring on the cheap illegal Labor!!!! Come and compete against our poor black people for the jobs at lower wages!!!! We need cheap latino and black labor!!!!"f

The children were made to walk across miles of 100 degree desert with little or no water by irresponsible parents....or non-parents using the kid to get into the country. The U.S. Government took the kids out of the heat, gave them a place to take showers, fed them, gave them clean clothes, and an air conditioned place to sleep.

Goddam right build a wall.

The "Russian whores" is a myth created by the collusion between Hillary and Russia to keep Trump out of office.

Kneejerk liberals like V are the asshats of America.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Best to avoid Reno for those weeks.
    The parking lot at the Peppermill during those weeks looks like the parking lot of a Grateful Dead Concert.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Kneejerk liberals like V are the asshats of America.
    He has one sick mind.
    This guy feeds off of Husbands and Wives and gets them coming and going.
    He condones the Sin City Lifestyle of the Flesh Trade for Money which is in direct conflict with the Covenant of Marriage between man and woman.
    He thinks that the Burning Man is a Good Thing. However he spits on the homeless and tells them he got money and ain't giving them any!
    One Twisted Asshat is an understatement.

MrV, my original comment was meant as a joke. Obviously one you didn’t think was funny. Not meant to extoll the Trump message, or discuss building walls, etc. It’s the desert. It’s hot, one wears a hat.

Thank you for making my point, which was, liberals are definitely not tolerant nor inclusive to opposing thought.

MrV, my original comment was meant as a joke...Thank you for making my point, which was, liberals are definitely not tolerant nor inclusive to opposing thought.
    My response was also "a joke."

I knew what you meant; I chose to ascribe the opposite meaning to it and spin it back at you.

As for me being "liberal:" uh, maybe on some social issues such as drugs, but politically I always vote libertarian.

I thought (and still think) that both Hillary and Trump are / were venal clowns.

I've never been to BM but have read, viewed and learned quite a bit about it and stand by the comments I've posted about it.

It is in many ways unique and it also epitomizes the very best that people can create, display and enjoy (especially the "art" vehicles and physical constructions).

It's a shame that narrow-minded people cannot for a moment open their eyes and appreciate the beauty of something without first viewing and judging it through a political lens: just shows how far we've devolved as a people.
    Last edited by MisterV; 09-15-2018 at 10:31 AM.
    What, Me Worry?

MrV, my original comment was meant as a joke...Thank you for making my point, which was, liberals are definitely not tolerant nor inclusive to opposing thought.
    My response was also "a joke."

I knew what you meant; I chose to ascribe the opposite meaning to it and spin it back at you.

As for me being "liberal:" uh, maybe on some social issues such as drugs, but politically I always vote libertarian.

I thought (and still think) that both Hillary and Trump are / were venal clowns.

I've never been to BM but have read, viewed and learned quite a bit about it and stand by the comments I've posted about it.

It is in many ways unique and it also epitomizes the very best that people can create, display and enjoy (especially the "art" vehicles and physical constructions).

It's a shame that narrow-minded people cannot for a moment open their eyes and appreciate the beauty of something without first viewing and judging it through a political lens: just shows how far we've devolved as a people.
    Again, meant as a joke V. Lighten up.

Glad to see we are on the same page with respect to govt. staying out of ones life. That is, before you deleted/edited that comment.
    Progress.

I edited it because in hindsight it was sloppy thinking for me to link keeping gov't out of my life to liberalism.

Libs generally want more gov't, e.g. entitlement, regulation, and social programs: these are things I eschew.

I'd be happy to be left the hell alone in a world where people always act fairly toward one another; alas that dream is impossible, so voila, we have gov't.

Too bad.
    What, Me Worry?

It would be funny if someone reported that illegal interstate (or is it intra-state) internet gambling they got going on there.

Thread Information