Page 261 of 507 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,220 of 10128

Thread: The WoV Thread

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    Just kill off anybody that tests positive for it instead of letting them roam free. Easy peasy.
    That's right. Since the death rate from sars19 is 100% might as well put them out of their misery right away. Saves a ton of money too.
    Take off that stupid mask you big baby.

Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    I made this case in a number of articles. It comes down to:

We know how contagious the virus is. If you want to be unrestricted in how you behave, fine. But then don't blow a fuse when ISIS shows up with a dozen folks who injected themselves with anthrax wandering about shopping malls and airports. If anything, the ISIS people (terrorists anyone?) are being more respectful of others because at least there's a vaccine and treatment for anthrax.

If you're going to allow covid transmission in the name of liberty, at least acknowledge that you're stuck green lighting anthrax, SARS, measles, and any number of other diseases in the name of liberty.
    But its okay to protest/loot/riot in massive numbers with no PPE because civil rights are more important than dying of covid 19. With all that yelling going on how much spittal do you think they got all over each other, Comrade Dietz? There was nothing but dead silence from you lefty assholes when all that was going on. Then when it all slowed down you went back to your fucked up routine of "we have to protect ourselves!" Fuck you. You didn't give a rats ass when the rioting was going on and you don't give a fuck now. You're just running your punk mouth for political purposes.
    Fuck politics

Facts are facts

Is the case count rising

Are stated that reopened early without mask mandates reversing their decisions.

Are places like Florida, Arizona and Texas having massive rises in Coronavirus.

You are making it political.

The virus don't give a shit about your politics.

If you're really believing this is about politics then tell your republican Arizona and Florida and Texas governor to keep the places open with no masks.

So far that isn't working out.

Not because it's Democrats fault or Republican fault but because you are dealing with a fucking non-political disease
    The left made sars19 political long ago.
    Take off that stupid mask you big baby.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post

When you cough do you put your hand over your mouth?

Or do you say to everyone in the room it's their choice if they want to put their hands over their mouths, you feel you have the right to cough without covering your mouth and if anyone ingests your spittle, that's their problem.

We cover our mouths when coughing so germs don't spread to other people.

Covid-19 is so contagious covering your mouth only when coughing isn't enough.

Why don't you fight for your right to cough without hands covering your mouth. Let your spittle fly. Fuck everyone else. You are a free man to literally spit on others as you please

What a fucking jackass. So you are saying a cloth mask will stop this “so contagious” virus, or is it 2 with a hand? Actually I have no clue what you said. And did we ever have rules on covering your mouth?

You and I both know this is all political BS on both sides. By the way I wore a mask on 2 flights yesterday and was told how great it was by multiple airline employees. Why? Because it was a Trump mask. I did get some dirty looks as well, but no one brave enough to say anything.

And, how did you like the animal on the Brooklyn Bridge with the stick beating the police? To me it would have been a justified shooting, but obviously the police are too afraid to deal with these savages. They don’t want to risk going to jail for protecting themselves and others in this environment. And by savages I mean both white and black. Plenty of white animals out there rioting with the blacks.

I wonder why any cop goes to work in these cities anymore.
    You know exactly what I said.

That's why you changed the subject to some incident on the Brooklyn Bridge.

What the fuck a cop beaten with sticks in Brooklyn has to do with wearing masks to stop the spread of contagion I guess only right wing lunatics can understand

No, no I don’t think what you said made any sense. We don’t mandate covering your mouth when you sneeze. And it has nothing to do with my comment on wearing cheap face coverings. Calling them masks is a joke and making people wear them is not something I agree with. But I do it when flying because I don’t have a choice if I want to fly. The rest of the places I usually don’t unless a business representative asks me to. Which very few do because they don’t want to offend a paying customer.

Sorry but I continue to believe that for most the vast majority of us, this is nothing more that a bad cold and the numbers are proving that. And if I end up being wrong, that’s my health problem risked.

As for the thugs in NY, you for the most part are the expert on NYC, blacks, riots and liberal causes, so of course I would ask your opinion on another proud moment for all 4. Your silence on the situation is telling.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    I made this case in a number of articles. It comes down to:

We know how contagious the virus is. If you want to be unrestricted in how you behave, fine. But then don't blow a fuse when ISIS shows up with a dozen folks who injected themselves with anthrax wandering about shopping malls and airports. If anything, the ISIS people (terrorists anyone?) are being more respectful of others because at least there's a vaccine and treatment for anthrax.

If you're going to allow covid transmission in the name of liberty, at least acknowledge that you're stuck green lighting anthrax, SARS, measles, and any number of other diseases in the name of liberty.
    But its okay to protest/loot/riot in massive numbers with no PPE because civil rights are more important than dying of covid 19. With all that yelling going on how much spittal do you think they got all over each other, Comrade Dietz? There was nothing but dead silence from you lefty assholes when all that was going on. Then when it all slowed down you went back to your fucked up routine of "we have to protect ourselves!" Fuck you. You didn't give a rats ass when the rioting was going on and you don't give a fuck now. You're just running your punk mouth for political purposes.

Yeah, mickey, I remember back in the day when you actually read stuff. I went on record as saying the protests, despite being outdoors, were going to add deaths to the total. My admittedly out-of-my-ass estimate was 10,000, I believe.

https://theskepticalgambler.blogspot...ents-part.html

I think the relevant quotes, in part, "Roughly a thousand Americans a year are killed by police. If the demonstrations wind up costing 10,000 lives or more due to COVID-19 spread, that's a decade's worth of police killings. Pandemic deaths are a raw, brutal metric that neither God nor Gandhi can change." And "If significant systemic changes do not result, the demonstrations will have sacrificed lives to the virus in service of people simply feeling good about having done the 'right thing.'"

If I had to guess at a number, I'd say the protests added a 5%-10% boost to the problem of re-opening too early.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xA2VqPvBnQ
    Returns, "Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist."
    Lustin' lutins (from) NUTS:LI (Lichtenstein), unlist insult, until's sunlit!

p
    M
    u
    r
    taRd

---> MR. L(osing).

Shut it down, LMR. = Low Mind thRust, (invar.)

555 = 111 + 4*111 = 15*37, or 37*15, as 153, and 7, or, 371, and 5. As 153 on 371, to 5/7 left, as 6 +/- 1.

3/21 to 8/22 is 153 + 1 days. 321 = 107*3 + 0; 123 = 3*71 + 0. To 1/0. 822 = (-1 + 7)(37 + 100); 228 = 57[6 - (1 + 1)], ---> 11411. 15[3^2] = 153 + (5 + 1). 154 days is ~ 42.08% of year 2020. 451 = 11*41^1.

What a fucking jackass. So you are saying a cloth mask will stop this “so contagious” virus, or is it 2 with a hand? Actually I have no clue what you said. And did we ever have rules on covering your mouth?

You and I both know this is all political BS on both sides. By the way I wore a mask on 2 flights yesterday and was told how great it was by multiple airline employees. Why? Because it was a Trump mask. I did get some dirty looks as well, but no one brave enough to say anything.

And, how did you like the animal on the Brooklyn Bridge with the stick beating the police? To me it would have been a justified shooting, but obviously the police are too afraid to deal with these savages. They don’t want to risk going to jail for protecting themselves and others in this environment. And by savages I mean both white and black. Plenty of white animals out there rioting with the blacks.

I wonder why any cop goes to work in these cities anymore.

What the fuck a cop beaten with sticks in Brooklyn has to do with wearing masks to stop the spread of contagion I guess only right wing lunatics can understand

No, no I don’t think what you said made any sense. We don’t mandate covering your mouth when you sneeze. And it has nothing to do with my comment on wearing cheap face coverings. Calling them masks is a joke and making people wear them is not something I agree with. But I do it when flying because I don’t have a choice if I want to fly. The rest of the places I usually don’t unless a business representative asks me to. Which very few do because they don’t want to offend a paying customer.

Sorry but I continue to believe that for most the vast majority of us, this is nothing more that a bad cold and the numbers are proving that. And if I end up being wrong, that’s my health problem risked.

As for the thugs in NY, you for the most part are the expert on NYC, blacks, riots and liberal causes, so of course I would ask your opinion on another proud moment for all 4. Your silence on the situation is telling.
    The thugs protesting In NY pretty much are the same as the thugs a few weeks earlier protesting for reopening and walking into state capitals with guns to demand their freedom.

White nationalist thugs, black thugs, the same.

Those that didn't wear face masks are the reason most of America is suffering from Covid-19 expansion.

The last week or so NY has had less than 100 per day deaths. We are opening up.

Sad you guys all missed the memo

The Spanish immigrant was broke when he went into the racist white guys store.

The racist white guy said "Hey, you got money otherwise get out"

The immigrant said "No Mas, No Mas"

The racist white guy suddenly hugged him close. "No mask, awwww, you my man, Jose"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xA2VqPvBnQ
    Those that didn't wear face masks are the reason most of America is suffering from Covid-19 expansion.
    The second Trump spoke of "rolling shutdowns" was when, I guess, the writing went on the wall of a different sort. Until the States goes into a full lockdown, well, what is going to change? What country applied a "rolling shutdown" with success? Now Fauci, himself, talks about partial shutdowns. Does he do this to try to stay in the "limelight", or to try to maintain a market for "his" company's vaccines? Look, if everyone did what New Zealand, and even Canada, did, who would need a useless vaccine?

Originally Posted by quahaug View Post
    That's right. Since the death rate from sars19 is 100% might as well put them out of their misery right away. Saves a ton of money too.
    SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, was isolated in the laboratory and is available for research by the scientific and medical community.
    Originally Posted by quahaug View Post
    The left made sars19 political long ago.
    People are "happy" to work themselves into the ground, "piss" their lives away. Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada, a liberal, caught in at least a third "ethics" scandal. Actually theft of at least hundreds of thousands of dollars. This time, paying off his wife, mother, and brother. Who knows how much he got out of it. But, people in Canada are too stupid to just go string the bugger up. On the other hand, Trump is the King Kong of nuts. The greatest "window", ever, into the workings of any government.

Even were the virus a "hoax", it would have been over, a long time ago, had Trump played "ball".
    Last edited by LMR; 07-16-2020 at 10:13 AM.
    Lustin' lutins (from) NUTS:LI (Lichtenstein), unlist insult, until's sunlit!

p
    M
    u
    r
    taRd

---> MR. L(osing).

Shut it down, LMR. = Low Mind thRust, (invar.)

555 = 111 + 4*111 = 15*37, or 37*15, as 153, and 7, or, 371, and 5. As 153 on 371, to 5/7 left, as 6 +/- 1.

3/21 to 8/22 is 153 + 1 days. 321 = 107*3 + 0; 123 = 3*71 + 0. To 1/0. 822 = (-1 + 7)(37 + 100); 228 = 57[6 - (1 + 1)], ---> 11411. 15[3^2] = 153 + (5 + 1). 154 days is ~ 42.08% of year 2020. 451 = 11*41^1.

The thugs protesting In NY pretty much are the same as the thugs a few weeks earlier protesting for reopening and walking into state capitals with guns to demand their freedom.

I know you don’t believe that. Did the people in Michigan attack police? I must have missed that but would love a link. So those wanting to open their businesses and go back to work are white nationalists? Warped sense of judgement you have there.

And no, I don’t believe you think either group is responsible for the rise in CASES, not deaths. And I don’t believe you think non mask wearers are the problem. We went months before the maskers started seeing an opportunity to push their beliefs.

As for NY, as I said before, your clown shoes governor killed many of the at risk by sending the infected into nursing homes. And really many NYers never shut down, they are and have been out and about. Its as I said, the at risk died.

But again thanks for comparing the people in Michigan to the people rioting and beating cops. It’s another example of your bias. But it’s to be expected considering your circumstances.

The Spanish immigrant was broke when he went into the racist white guys store.

The racist white guy said "Hey, you got money otherwise get out"

The immigrant said "No Mas, No Mas"

The racist white guy suddenly hugged him close. "No mask, awwww, you my man, Jose"
    What happened when he went in the black guys store?

Oh that’s right, the stores they owned were burnt out during the riots in the name of “justice”.

After all, some never miss an opportunity for free liquor.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Thanks, LMR. I typed the month wrong. I need to start paying you for editorial work.

Here's more for mickey:

"The ongoing protests are going to lead to many more COVID-19 deaths. No amount of righteous indignation or being on the correct historical side is going to change that. The question is how many additional people will get seriously ill and how many additional lives will be lost due to viral spread during the demonstrations. My guess is that added deaths will be in the thousands, perhaps five digits."
    Last edited by redietz; 07-16-2020 at 10:18 AM.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Thanks, LMR. I typed the month wrong. I need to start paying you for editorial work.

You can pay him in picks.

I know you don’t believe that. Did the people in Michigan attack police? I must have missed that but would love a link. So those wanting to open their businesses and go back to work are white nationalists? Warped sense of judgement you have there.

And no, I don’t believe you think either group is responsible for the rise in CASES, not deaths. And I don’t believe you think non mask wearers are the problem. We went months before the maskers started seeing an opportunity to push their beliefs.

As for NY, as I said before, your clown shoes governor killed many of the at risk by sending the infected into nursing homes. And really many NYers never shut down, they are and have been out and about. Its as I said, the at risk died.

But again thanks for comparing the people in Michigan to the people rioting and beating cops. It’s another example of your bias. But it’s to be expected considering your circumstances.
    You keep talking

And republican states get sicker and shut down.

Enjoy the ride guys

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    I'm not in Mensa, but I have some friends who are in. Forget about strange. Mensa has hot babes -- that's what counts!

Anyway, some advice. I took a boatload of IQ tests when I was a kid (not my choice). One was out there or, as I always say, I may be misremembering and conflating it with my best bowling average year. The others had a wide variance. Now I never practiced or took practice tests, so these were all proctored IQ tests. Literally, I had almost a 30-point variance, and that's not counting the bowling average test. My point is -- one test does not mean much, especially if you have a range of motivation and stress associated with taking the tests at different times.

So even if you sucked previously, I think pure variance will give you a shot.

The thing about being older -- I am not gonna retake an IQ test, or at least not without a lot of practice. I am terrified to find out how much my IQ has dropped over 40 years. Also, motivation is part of it. When you are young, you can muster up the laser concentration needed to care about and focus for the length of the test and pretend it means something. As you get older, amping yourself up and focusing gets tougher to pull off. I liken it to Ender's Game stuff.

Anyway, good luck, and don't fret if you fail. You can always retake and variance may get you home. The folks I hang with -- I'm low man on the IQ totem poll. I prefer it that way. If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.
    https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-...dy/#post774604

Yeah, I think the first one I took to get into the "gifted" program, I got a 142 or a 145. I think I was highest in my (little) class, so I wound up taking quite a few more over the years. Scores ranged from low 130's to low 160's except for the one outlier. The first test wound up being right in the middle of the range, but it was a bit of a range. My girlfriend and her brother are both 160+. The dude scored perfect on the math SAT. Those people are freaky.

I'm not sure I'd qualify for Mensa right now. I'm 62 and my memory ain't what it used to be. The idea that I was "smarter" when I was 12 kind of irks me, so I'm not looking to take any more IQ tests in my life. I hate the whole IQ test stuff and the trivia exams. Something like the spelling bees drive me up a tree. Kids should be taught how to think critically, how to reason. Not how to do well in trivia contests.
    https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-...dy/#post774613

When Singer and others used to bash redietz I dismissed it and thought they were completely wrong.
    It seemed redietz was more of a street wise guy, conservative, driving around in 250k vehicles and crushing the book.

Come to find out that he is perhaps the opposite of my first impression.
    His wife passes away which could make me or anyone else want to commit suicide.
    I know if mine goes before me I figure its pretty much over.
    I'm in my mid 40s and realize if she goes, life is basically over.
    I'm not the type looking to mingle for Hot Babes at Mensa or start over in the dating scene at this stage of life.
    I'm surprised that redietz is all about the Hot Babes.
    Redietz is in his 60s!!
    I'm surprised that he has a slant eyed girlfriend after losing the love of his love.
    I'm surprised he would even post about Hot Babes after losing his wife.
    Whatever, it was just surprising to me that he would post such long responses on WoV about Mensa and Hot Babes.
    After learning how redietz is a Gay Rights and BLM Sympathizer I guess nothing should surprise me from his posts in the future.
    Funny thing is that I thought Singer was the bad guy and after a few years of posting I realize I agree with Singer on many topics.
    Not sure about the whole RV thing but that really doesn't matter to me.
    I realize now, that I hardly agree with anything redietz posts about and now he is talking about Hot Babes at 62 after a tragic loss of his wife??
    I guess Liberal thinking is different than Conservative.
    If you haven't been able to figure, redietz has a small dick. His constant "I'm not this or that" and "I'm not saying I could do anything close to what he says" ....but " I know a few people who are or can" smacks of insecurity built around a true deficiency. He's the textbook definition of a guy with " small man syndrome" trying to make it in a grown up world.

California is experiencing quite the rise despite lockdowns but dark never seems to mention that one despite claiming it’s not political. Texas is middle of the road in US for per capita cases (as is CA for that matter.)

A lot of the anti mask sentiment can probably be rightfully blamed on the terrible idea to claim (lie) they didn’t help initially to hoard them for medical professionals, public health officials turned off a large percentage of the public who won’t listen to anything they say anymore after they lost the trust with the early blatant lies of that and the objective being to flatten the curve and not overwhelm healthcare. Everyone was on board with flatten the curve, when that turned out to be a lie many people had already tuned them out by the time mask guidelines changed, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice type thing. These two actions were not the case of updating data and changing priors by normal scientific methods, they were blatant lies perpetuated by our public health officials. Public health officials may have fucked it up beyond all repair.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Originally Posted by monet View Post

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-...dy/#post774604

Yeah, I think the first one I took to get into the "gifted" program, I got a 142 or a 145. I think I was highest in my (little) class, so I wound up taking quite a few more over the years. Scores ranged from low 130's to low 160's except for the one outlier. The first test wound up being right in the middle of the range, but it was a bit of a range. My girlfriend and her brother are both 160+. The dude scored perfect on the math SAT. Those people are freaky.

I'm not sure I'd qualify for Mensa right now. I'm 62 and my memory ain't what it used to be. The idea that I was "smarter" when I was 12 kind of irks me, so I'm not looking to take any more IQ tests in my life. I hate the whole IQ test stuff and the trivia exams. Something like the spelling bees drive me up a tree. Kids should be taught how to think critically, how to reason. Not how to do well in trivia contests.
    https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-...dy/#post774613

When Singer and others used to bash redietz I dismissed it and thought they were completely wrong.
    It seemed redietz was more of a street wise guy, conservative, driving around in 250k vehicles and crushing the book.

Come to find out that he is perhaps the opposite of my first impression.
    His wife passes away which could make me or anyone else want to commit suicide.
    I know if mine goes before me I figure its pretty much over.
    I'm in my mid 40s and realize if she goes, life is basically over.
    I'm not the type looking to mingle for Hot Babes at Mensa or start over in the dating scene at this stage of life.
    I'm surprised that redietz is all about the Hot Babes.
    Redietz is in his 60s!!
    I'm surprised that he has a slant eyed girlfriend after losing the love of his love.
    I'm surprised he would even post about Hot Babes after losing his wife.
    Whatever, it was just surprising to me that he would post such long responses on WoV about Mensa and Hot Babes.
    After learning how redietz is a Gay Rights and BLM Sympathizer I guess nothing should surprise me from his posts in the future.
    Funny thing is that I thought Singer was the bad guy and after a few years of posting I realize I agree with Singer on many topics.
    Not sure about the whole RV thing but that really doesn't matter to me.
    I realize now, that I hardly agree with anything redietz posts about and now he is talking about Hot Babes at 62 after a tragic loss of his wife??
    I guess Liberal thinking is different than Conservative.
    If you haven't been able to figure, redietz has a small dick. His constant "I'm not this or that" and "I'm not saying I could do anything close to what he says" ....but " I know a few people who are or can" smacks of insecurity built around a true deficiency. He's the textbook definition of a guy with " small man syndrome" trying to make it in a grown up world.

LOL. I think you geniuses, if you'll pardon my informal use of the phrase, are working way too hard. I'm not in Mensa. I make that clear. Never have been. How would I know if Mensa has hot babes? The "hot babes" comment was obviously tongue in cheek, with an eye to various reports of the Wizard's appreciation of such.

And monet, really, I said "hot babes" once in the post. You have decided that is inappropriate at my age? How Christian of you. So what was the "long response" I posted about "Hot Babes?" I hope somebody hasn't been posting under my name or something. I remember writing one line in an obvious joking reference. Tell me more about the long "Hot Babes" response. Or were you, it breaks my heart to suggest it, bullshitting? Tell you what, monet, why don't you copy the entry and post it here, just so everyone can read my long "Hot Babes" response.

For the record, my wife died 18 years ago. One would think having a girlfriend might be allowed at some point. You geniuses have some serious issues. Now I can understand monet's problems. KewlJ has suggested he might be hard pressed to find somebody given that he makes the Prez look like Slim Pickens. As for Rob, well, he'll be fine as long as he loses the Hawaiian shirts. What hot babe wouldn't want to do it in a million dollar RV shower? With a squeegee?
    Last edited by redietz; 07-16-2020 at 11:43 AM.

You keep talking

And republican states get sicker and shut down.

Enjoy the ride guys
    Looks like someone that lives in America's asshole is feeling their oats today.....lol
    This fall/winter is going to be a sight to behold.

Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    California is experiencing quite the rise despite lockdowns but dark never seems to mention that one despite claiming it’s not political. Texas is middle of the road in US for per capita cases (as is CA for that matter.)

A lot of the anti mask sentiment can probably be rightfully blamed on the terrible idea to claim (lie) they didn’t help initially to hoard them for medical professionals, public health officials turned off a large percentage of the public who won’t listen to anything they say anymore after they lost the trust with the early blatant lies of that and the objective being to flatten the curve and not overwhelm healthcare. Everyone was on board with flatten the curve, when that turned out to be a lie many people had already tuned them out by the time mask guidelines changed, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice type thing. These two actions were not the case of updating data and changing priors by normal scientific methods, they were blatant lies perpetuated by our public health officials. Public health officials may have fucked it up beyond all repair.
    In gross numbers, California was always going to accrue a boatload -- the state has 40 million people. Texas was always going to accrue a lot.

I was upset with CDC early on because they did lie to prevent mask hoarding. I wound up following their guidelines and wearing gloves (remember touching as a big deal?) and no mask when I flew to LV. At that same time, international doctors, including the South Korea infectious disease head, were saying to wear masks. So I followed CDC instead of international and was really perturbed afterwards. My girlfriend had said I should be following the international protocols rather than U.S. and I didn't listen.

Mcap, what do you mean by flattening the curve being a "lie?"

Early they talked about flattening the curve to prevent overwhelming ICU’s. Then there was no longer exponential growth most places and the new case count in most areas had sort of stopped growing but not went down (in other words the curve was flat), most places never were projected to run out of ICU beds or ventilators. Then the narrative changed to just minimizing transmissions, or ramping up testing and tracing, or whatever it was these politicians needed to say to justify extending their emergency dictatorship powers. They lost a lot of people’s compliance and any trust from a lot of people when that narrative changed. Perhaps if they had been more transparent about what they were trying to accomplish they would have turned fewer people off.
    Last edited by mcap; 07-16-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Thread Information