Page 374 of 501 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376377378384424474 ... LastLast
Results 7,461 to 7,480 of 10013

Thread: The WoV Thread

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    I don't have a WOV account. In regards to post https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gamb...er/#post816830, I furnish the following reply. If Mission,Axel, or some other duel WOV/VCT forum member would like to link this VCT post in a reply to the one linked above, feel free to do so:
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Meh, it's a fictitious game. why bother?

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    I don't have a WOV account. In regards to post https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gamb...er/#post816830, I furnish the following reply. If Mission,Axel, or some other duel WOV/VCT forum member would like to link this VCT post in a reply to the one linked above, feel free to do so:
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Just to quantify the ficticiousness of the game since the cycle of each hand is shown in the analytics and can be compared to the demo. In other words, Just for Shits and Giggles. Obviously just looking at the paytable without doing anything, we can all see that the cards don't have an equal probability of being dealt (Joker is probably way less likely to be selected in the deal or draw is my take on it). Kind of reminds of the double poker offering from Tom Horn games (https://www.softgamings.com/sg-games.../double-poker/).

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Just to quantify the ficticiousness of the game since the cycle of each hand is shown in the analytics and can be compared to the demo. In other words, Just for Shits and Giggles. Obviously just looking at the paytable without doing anything, we can all see that the cards don't have an equal probability of being dealt (Joker is probably way less likely to be selected in the deal or draw is my take on it). Kind of reminds of the double poker offering from Tom Horn games (https://www.softgamings.com/sg-games.../double-poker/).
    There may be some rule about linking to other websites or something like that. And hey, do you really want the world to know about this astonishingly wonderful website?

There may be some rule about linking to other websites or something like that. And hey, do you really want the world to know about this astonishingly wonderful website?
    It's neither here nor there for me.

So the Wiz suspends me for the following, claiming insult;

" Quote: MrV

Yes, the mind boggles.

Dog catcher, maybe, but not moderator.

Personal insult (of Marcusclark66). Three days."

__________________________________________________ _____________

What, it is insulting to be deemed qualified to be a dog catcher but not a mod at WoV?

Dog catchers work for the county animal control authority and earn a good salary and they also get full benefits.

They do nothing wrong and benefit society; I mean it's not like I said Marcus Clark is too fucking stupid for the job of moderator (he is).

I wish the Wiz would stop doggedly hounding me.

The Wiz just can't stopped gnawing the insult bone, but he's barking up the wrong tree on this one: should I flea and scratch that board or just carry on in this dog eat dog world?
    Last edited by MisterV; 08-06-2021 at 11:22 AM.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    So the Wiz suspends me for the following, claiming insult;

" Quote: MrV

Yes, the mind boggles.

Dog catcher, maybe, but not moderator.

Personal insult (of Marcusclark66). Three days."

__________________________________________________ _____________

What, it is insulting to be deemed qualified to be a dog catcher but not a mod at WoV?

Dog catchers work for the county animal control authority and earn a good salary and they also get full benefits.

I wish he'd stop hounding me.

The Wiz just can't stopped gnawing the insult bone, but he's barking up the wrong tree on this one: should I flea and scratch that board?
    You should have scratched that forum a couple years ago.

Hey MisterV, in the moderated thread Wizard said "I do my best to avoid favoritism". (we really need a rolling on the floor emoji)

So V, you think he is hounding YOU?

I have now twice been forced to agree to an arrangement where I wouldn't talk about, respond to and posts by another member (first Qfit, then Mdawg). Meanwhile they were allowed to talk about me, as Mdawg has done. (You will notice I say "forced". I am not going to post PM as that is against the rules, and I like to stay within the rules , but let's just say the wording of these proposed "agreements" didn't feel like I had much choice. I beleive there have been 3 such "agreements" forced on members during the history of WoV and 2 of them were on me! And let's be clear, with the current one, the other party starts many threads and participates in many threads. So as soon as he posts in a thread, it becomes off limit to me, at least responding to any thing he says. So my actual penalty: You are disqualified from about half the forum. No other member has received anything like that.

And then I was banned....for over 4 years, while the other party just disappeared, proving what everyone knew, that he had only showed up to get me banned and silence me. And still for 4 years Mike ignored this obvious fact.

Upon finally returning, I don't know how many times I have been suspended without looking it up.....A LOT! 2 of them for 30 days. Current suspension for "squabbling". Where is that a thing? A different suspension was for calling someone's claims "fiction". FICTION! when of course it is. Funny update on this fiction one: recently I was told by the man himself that standards have changed, that "fiction" would no longer be grounds for suspension. No apology to me. No giving me back credit for those days.

So misterV, I am not going to dispute that he may be hounding you. You you are far from the TOP of that list.

Funny thing: when I went back to WoV, people that are friends with Mike told me not to. They told me I would be walking on shells and the hammer would come down with every little thing. And boy were they right. His friends really know Wizard.

It can be difficult to refrain from reading over there(certain threads, certain people) but anyone who posts there is a sucker for punishment(especially looking at you KJ). They don't deserve people actively participating over there, with it's draconian rules.

Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    with it's draconian rules.
    Draconian rules. That isn't even the problem. The problem is quite simply Wizard is a real Shithead!. He is very insecure.

Just imagine:
    A guy starts a forum. He needs membership for it to turn into anything.
    Members join, and participate and the forum grows.
    He sells forum for substantial money.
    He then treats membership with contemp every chance he gets.
    Members make a suggestion, its: "don't let the door hit you in the ass".

How frigging ignorant is that?

How about you at least pretend to listen to suggestions and complaints from the members who made the forum, who made it so you could get that big payday. You are not going to be able to accomadate everyone and every suggestion and complaint. But you don't say "if you don't like it, get the fuck out" and that is what that door in the ass statement is.

It is just a freaking ignorant, classless, insecure, brat of a man.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Hey MisterV, in the moderated thread Wizard said "I do my best to avoid favoritism". (we really need a rolling on the floor emoji)

So V, you think he is hounding YOU?

I have now twice been forced to agree to an arrangement where I wouldn't talk about, respond to and posts by another member (first Qfit, then Mdawg). Meanwhile they were allowed to talk about me, as Mdawg has done. (You will notice I say "forced". I am not going to post PM as that is against the rules, and I like to stay within the rules , but let's just say the wording of these proposed "agreements" didn't feel like I had much choice. I beleive there have been 3 such "agreements" forced on members during the history of WoV and 2 of them were on me! And let's be clear, with the current one, the other party starts many threads and participates in many threads. So as soon as he posts in a thread, it becomes off limit to me, at least responding to any thing he says. So my actual penalty: You are disqualified from about half the forum. No other member has received anything like that.

And then I was banned....for over 4 years, while the other party just disappeared, proving what everyone knew, that he had only showed up to get me banned and silence me. And still for 4 years Mike ignored this obvious fact.

Upon finally returning, I don't know how many times I have been suspended without looking it up.....A LOT! 2 of them for 30 days. Current suspension for "squabbling". Where is that a thing? A different suspension was for calling someone's claims "fiction". FICTION! when of course it is. Funny update on this fiction one: recently I was told by the man himself that standards have changed, that "fiction" would no longer be grounds for suspension. No apology to me. No giving me back credit for those days.

So misterV, I am not going to dispute that he may be hounding you. You you are far from the TOP of that list.

Funny thing: when I went back to WoV, people that are friends with Mike told me not to. They told me I would be walking on shells and the hammer would come down with every little thing. And boy were they right. His friends really know Wizard.
    And yet you keep returning for more after each suspension.

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    And yet you keep returning for more after each suspension.
    That's a fair point. We will see if that continues after the above posts.

Remember the wording to my first banning: "while normally we don't consider things said on other forums.....KJ has been banned for something said on another forum".

You might just see a repeat of that bullshit.

should I flea and scratch that board or just carry on in this dog eat dog world?
    Try the tableplay method, maybe you won't get hounded.

Furnish the insults on this forum, then ask Mission, Axel or some other duel WOV/VCT forum member to post them on WOV on your behalf.

How in the bloody hell can you be banned for something you said on another forum?

There's no specific rule against it.

I guess it must fit in the catch-all, "Powers of god" reservation of unlimited power: " The administration reserves the right to punish any activity it deems disruptive to the forum, whether against these rules or not."

Ah, but a fair-minded man would only concern himself with what was posted at WoV, as the rules should logically only apply to things posted there, not elsewhere.

What, will he ban left-handed people next, or maybe red heads?

KJ I think you got fucked, and he didn't even try to kiss you first.
    What, Me Worry?

Coach, where ya' been, buddy?

Did you apologize to MarcusClark yet?

Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    Coach, where ya' been, buddy?

Did you apologize to MarcusClark yet?
    Apologize to MarcusClark for what reason?

You must have stopped following that thread---understandable.

Because I didn't end up being promoted to Admin, I was in no position to make a decision on Marcusclark's tag lines. He has since been asked to no longer post his tag lines at all, and instead, to put all of that information in his signature. In contrast, my decision would have been to let him have his tag lines in the post as long as he limited them to one occurrence per thread page.

And...yeah...Evenbob, but he only piggy-backed your objection, anyway. Silence out of him before that. Besides, I'd have ignored him had he been the lone objection; I'd have just recused myself from taking any Admin action detrimental to him.

He has since been asked to no longer post his tag lines at all, and instead, to put all of that information in his signature..
    I'm not following you.

Why should I apologize for the actions of the WOV mods?

I thought I already explained that. I had announced my intent vis-a-vis the MarcusClark matter---which was the stated reason for your initial objection. Anyway, you know all of this. You can go read the thread again, if your memory has failed you.

I have plans this evening anyway, so I'm afraid I can't get into anything prolonged.

I had announced my intent vis-a-vis the MarcusClark matter---which was the stated reason for your initial objection.
    You initially announced your intent to restrict his tag lines.

Then you modified your intent after you withdrew yourself from consideration....isn't that what happened?

Thread Information