Page 487 of 507 FirstFirst ... 387437477483484485486487488489490491497 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,740 of 10128

Thread: The WoV Thread

Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
    So close.....
    You should start a thread about it!

Originally Posted by Don Perignom View Post
    Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
    So close.....
    You should start a thread about it!
    I guess that I've spent too much time on the grammar forums, to the point that I have no idea how people think it's wrong to say whatever, so long as you, say, don't try to make up new words.

So often sounds informal, even when it’s grammatically acceptable to use in a formal setting. You can always use another word in place of so to begin sentences.

https://prowritingaid.com/can-you-st...ntence-with-so
    Is it grammatically correct?

Yes. It’s used and understood by native speakers of many dialects now and I’d say it forms an everyday part of informal spoken standard English.

https://english.stackexchange.com/qu...inning-with-so

Originally Posted by 1Hit1der View Post
    I guess that I've spent too much time on the grammar forums, to the point that I have no idea how people think it's wrong to say whatever, so long as you, say, don't try to make up new words.
    I was afraid this wouldn't go well for me. I trust we can all agree on the correction:

Originally Posted by Don Perignom View Post
    I would have ejected him for b̶e̶g̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ h̶i̶s̶ s̶e̶n̶t̶e̶n̶c̶e̶s̶ w̶i̶t̶h̶ S̶o̶

wearing sweatpants.

The most frowned upon thing, by the English language experts, is to apply logic to it. I mean, according to them, it's a good thing that it doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'm a fan of punctuation, which is akin to brackets in math. Something else that either experts tend to let out, more and more, for the reader to sort it out.

But again, if you want to really piss them off, try to tweak a word, or idiom, per se that isn't in a dictionary. But, they're a lot more tolerant of thus trolls than the math guys.
    Last edited by 1Hit1der; 12-06-2023 at 10:47 AM.

Originally Posted by 1Hit1der View Post
    The most frowned upon thing, by the English language experts, is to apply logic to it. I mean, according to them, it's a good thing that it doesn't make a lot of sense.
    It preserves their status by shutting out newcomers from easily achieving similar expertise.

V, the machine in Oklahoma are about 80% class III and 20% class II.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Do you guys think I would have still been an Active WOV Member if I hadn't confessed to being all those WOV Socks? I was so desperate for WOV reinstatement, I confessed to all those WOV Socks because I thought I was supposed to confess to all those WOV Socks in order to be reinstated. I never got reinstated and in fact got ridiculed for all those Socks.

Support for me also went down for me after I confessed to all those WOV Socks. I remember getting advice saying something like,"You should see if you could get Joshua Chan to reinstate you. Beachbumbabs harassed, insulted, and bullied you for three years and you finally had a fed up cussing rant to her. You deserve to be reinstated."

Someone else said something like,"I don't like Nathan's permanent banning. I'm not happy with it." Another person said something like,"This reminds me of jobs I have had where a Coworker gets unmercifully harassed, bullied, and insulted by Coworkers, and when they reach their final straw and breaking point and go off on the Coworkers, they, the VICTIM, get into trouble and not the BULLIES." Another Poster said something like,"Nathan is right. Beachbumbabs was incredibly mean to her with no consequences."

Another Poster said something like,"Nathan got the short stick in this whole mess, I feel sorry for her. ." Another Poster said something like,"I was wondering why Nathan wasn't standing up for herself and when she was finally going to stand up for herself." That support went away fast after I confessed to all those Socks.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.

I am glad to get my full posting rights back! Thank you Dan!

Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    Do you guys think I would have still been an Active WOV Member if I hadn't confessed to being all those WOV Socks? I was so desperate for WOV reinstatement, I confessed to all those WOV Socks because I thought I was supposed to confess to all those WOV Socks in order to be reinstated. I never got reinstated and in fact got ridiculed for all those Socks.

Support for me also went down for me after I confessed to all those WOV Socks. I remember getting advice saying something like,"You should see if you could get Joshua Chan to reinstate you. Beachbumbabs harassed, insulted, and bullied you for three years and you finally had a fed up cussing rant to her. You deserve to be reinstated."

Someone else said something like,"I don't like Nathan's permanent banning. I'm not happy with it." Another person said something like,"This reminds me of jobs I have had where a Coworker gets unmercifully harassed, bullied, and insulted by Coworkers, and when they reach their final straw and breaking point and go off on the Coworkers, they, the VICTIM, get into trouble and not the BULLIES." Another Poster said something like,"Nathan is right. Beachbumbabs was incredibly mean to her with no consequences."

Another Poster said something like,"Nathan got the short stick in this whole mess, I feel sorry for her. ." Another Poster said something like,"I was wondering why Nathan wasn't standing up for herself and when she was finally going to stand up for herself." That support went away fast after I confessed to all those Socks.
    The only reason why you stuck around for so long in the first place was because that Mike seemed to have a soft spot for you. What kind of soft spots did he have for you? 1.) He realized you have some kind of mental condition. 2.) It's rare to have a female on the forums. 3.)You're black 4.) He knew Boz really, wanted to pussy lick you front to back, and back to front.

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Originally Posted by Tasha View Post

The only reason why you stuck around for so long in the first place was because that Mike seemed to have a soft spot for you. What kind of soft spots did he have for you? 1.) He realized you have some kind of mental condition. 2.) It's rare to have a female on the forums. 3.)You're black 4.) He knew Boz really, wanted to pussy lick you front to back, and back to front.
    Your last sentence is DISGUSTING.

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

What the Wolf is trying to say is, I got news for ya, pal. They're gonna nail us no matter what we do, meaning that you were going to be tossed like yesterday's newspaper no matter what you did.

On another subject, Wolf is prevaricating when he tries to claim that he gets suspended only by design and only before he's about to "take a trip." That's just a mark of insecurity to try to make it seem like he's in control of his mouth.
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

Originally Posted by MDawg View Post
    What the Wolf is trying to say is, I got news for ya, pal. They're gonna nail us no matter what we do, meaning that you were going to be tossed like yesterday's newspaper no matter what you did.

On another subject, Wolf is prevaricating when he tries to claim that he gets suspended only by design and only before he's about to "take a trip." That's just a mark of insecurity to try to make it seem like he's in control of his mouth.
    I never said always, I said most of the time. There are always surprises along the way. Sometimes I don't get suspended when I think I should and other times I get suspended when I don't think I should. You can see my last suspension on WOV where I intentionally insulted EB was timed perfectly with Thanksgiving.

I see that the regular, "favorite" posters at WoV like AW don't seem to be subject to ever increasing lengths of suspension for each new offense.

I thought the length was supposed to increase with each offense?
    What, Me Worry?

The Martingale was abolished at WOV on or about January 2021, along with the incoming "new, more lax" moderation.

Still, sometimes in extreme situations where someone repeats the same offense within a short period of time, the penalty is increased.
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

I never said always, I said most of the time.
    In any case, the Wolf and I stand shoulder to shoulder as to UNKewLyingJ's being full of doggy doo doo.

KJ, I might believe you, however, you just have way too many interesting things/stories Etc that for some reason or another you can never provide any proof. There's always some, for lack of a better word, Bullshit reason why you can't/won't. It seems as if it would be in your best interest to not mention anything in the first place if you can't provide one iota of proof for whatever reason.

I on the other hand,

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

If I have to be honest here, at this point MDawg actually has way more credibility than you. He's actually met up with the wizard, played Baccarat at a medium level, and won.

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    I see that the regular, "favorite" posters at WoV like AW don't seem to be subject to ever increasing lengths of suspension for each new offense.

I thought the length was supposed to increase with each offense?
    They had to change that I guess because MDawgs next one would've been for like 2 months (:

I forget all the details but didn’t someone from here get banned over at WOV over some comment about Dave Chappelle?

I think the comment they posted went something like this:

Dave Chappelle wrote a joke or skit about fags & his producer said he couldn’t do it,

He asked her why as they had no problems in the past with all the jokes about niggers on the show.

She told him it was Ok to do jokes about niggers since he was black, but since he wasn’t a fag, he couldn’t do fag jokes.

And I think the poster got banned for either spelling out niggers or fags or both, even though he wasn’t calling anyone that, he was just referencing the story.

Does anyone recall the details on that?

Originally Posted by DGenBen View Post
    Dave Chappelle wrote a joke or skit about fags & his producer said he couldn’t do it
    Originally Posted by Dave Chappelle
    This is many years ago, 15 years ago. It was when I was doing Chappelle’s Show. I made a mistake. I didn’t even know I’d done anything wrong. I had written a sketch… that had the word… “f a g g o t” in it. So I had to go to Standards and Practices. They call me up. I don’t know why they’re calling me, but I like the lady that runs the department. She’s usually really fair and was one of my favorite people I’ve ever worked with. So she sits me down. We have a nice conversation. She tells me, “Oh, the sketches are great.” I go, “Oh, fantastic. Well, then… well, then, why am I here?” She said, “Because, David, there’s no way… that you can ever say the word… “f a g g o t” on our network.

I didn’t know I did anything wrong. I didn’t try to defend myself. I said, “All right. F it, I’ll take it out. Have a good afternoon.” And as I was leaving, it occurred to me. “Hey. Hey, Renée, quick question. It’s just a question. Seriously, I wanna know. Like, why is it that I can say the word “n i g g e r” with impunity… …but I can’t say the word “f a g g o t”?” And she said, “Because, David, you are not gay.”

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    Originally Posted by DGenBen View Post
    Dave Chappelle wrote a joke or skit about fags & his producer said he couldn’t do it
    Originally Posted by Dave Chappelle
    This is many years ago, 15 years ago. It was when I was doing Chappelle’s Show. I made a mistake. I didn’t even know I’d done anything wrong. I had written a sketch… that had the word… “f a g g o t” in it. So I had to go to Standards and Practices. They call me up. I don’t know why they’re calling me, but I like the lady that runs the department. She’s usually really fair and was one of my favorite people I’ve ever worked with. So she sits me down. We have a nice conversation. She tells me, “Oh, the sketches are great.” I go, “Oh, fantastic. Well, then… well, then, why am I here?” She said, “Because, David, there’s no way… that you can ever say the word… “f a g g o t” on our network.

I didn’t know I did anything wrong. I didn’t try to defend myself. I said, “All right. F it, I’ll take it out. Have a good afternoon.” And as I was leaving, it occurred to me. “Hey. Hey, Renée, quick question. It’s just a question. Seriously, I wanna know. Like, why is it that I can say the word “n i g g e r” with impunity… …but I can’t say the word “f a g g o t”?” And she said, “Because, David, you are not gay.”
    Yes this was it, thank you much

The Poster who got banned from WOV for saying the story EXACTLY how Dave said it may have gotten off with a mere warning if he wrote,"The N Word," and "Gay," and not written n.i.g.g.e.r and f.a.g.g.o.t." I wrote a story where the Protagonists cover Earl Sweatshirt's Burgundy song and he and his co rapper say,N.i.g.g.a multiple times in Burgundy. I knew that writing n.i.g.g.a multiple times could get me into trouble, so I changed the word to Champ.

Thread Information