Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best off strip restaurant?

I honestly have to say that the best bacon cheeseburger I ever had was at the Village Pub on Flamingo in the Cannery Shopping Center (a strip shopping center). This is on the east side. Village Pub has a chain in Vegas, but I have not been to the other locations so I can't talk about them. The burger is big, good meat, cooked to order, the bacon is thick, as is the cheese, comes with a large serving of delicious thick French fries or cole slaw (and the cole slaw is really good and what I prefer). And... it's inexpensive. Put $40 in the video poker machine at the bar and play (win or lose) and your meal might be comped. Drinks are free as well if you play.

Sometimes they have baby back ribs but its been hit and miss. First time they were fantastic, falling off the bone. Second time they were tough.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    I know it’s barely off the strip but what are people’s opinion of Golden Steer?
    The place is over rated and surviving on its past reputation. The meat quality is USDA Choice at best, most likely Select, with absolutely no aging. I have had a medium rare ribeye served extra well. Thing was like a piece of shoe leather. Had to send that back and I hate to do that. Those kind of mistakes are rarely made in an Outback.
    The servers are going thru the motions and lack anything special. The food also lacks flavor. Very generic. I would recommend you go to Hugo's Cellar at the 4Queens or Michael's at the Southpoint. You could go to a Outback and get a better meal for 1/3 the price.

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    I know it’s barely off the strip but what are people’s opinion of Golden Steer?
    The place is over rated and surviving on its past reputation. The meat quality is USDA Choice at best, most likely Select, with absolutely no aging. I have had a medium rare ribeye served extra well. Thing was like a piece of shoe leather. Had to send that back and I hate to do that. Those kind of mistakes are rarely made in an Outback.
    The servers are going thru the motions and lack anything special. The food also lacks flavor. Very generic. I would recommend you go to Hugo's Cellar at the 4Queens or Michael's at the Southpoint. You could go to a Outback and get a better meal for 1/3 the price.
    Thank Max. I have enjoyed Hugo’s but have never been at Michaels. I like the idea of an old school place like GS but not at the expense of good food. Sounds like another Battista’s, living off an old reputation.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by LarryS View Post
    I like Ferraros .....italian, if you order meat dishes it will set you back 200 for 2 with some wine. Good atmosphere, well presented, great veal, . I dont drink but they seem to have a well stocked wine vault. Based on your past postings, you might not like this place though
    I knew it. Larry is a wino. The only thing that scares a wino is running out of wine.

"I had a friend back in college that was an alcoholic" larry says as he takes another slug of wine. "He drank himself to death" larry says as he uncorks another bottle of wine. "I tried to warn him" larry says as he pours another glass of wine. "I don't drink" larry says as he takes another slug of wine. "I try to help people" larry says as he swallows another glass of wine.
    Inferring I have a drinking problem would be equivalent to me calling you a well balanced sober gentleman.It just doesnt stick based on evidence and reality.

But carry on, I was just contributing to this thread with real info, while you are merely acting the fool

I wont be baited.

better you get banned than me

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    For a quick breakfast, we like Einstein Bagels, 360 E. Tropicana.

Excellent bagel, egg and bacon breakfast sandwich.
    I dont consider del taco, In and Out, McDonalds, Bagel shops, to be restaurants . Technically, I guess any place that has a single table or counter can be loosely called a restaurant. If that was the case there are tons of pizzerias that i grew up with that had 2 tables and a counter could call themselves restaurants.

When someone is going to a England, Italy, France, Las Vegas, and asks for a restaurant recommendation I doubt they are looking for a 69 cent taco or low quality chopped meat patty on a bun that they can get at home.

However for the people who eat to live.....rather than live to eat. just go to a local supermarket, and buy a 12 pack of ramen noddles and use the water heated in the coffee in your room or buy cans of meat ravioli and eat them cold. The meat would probably be of equal quality as u would get in a del taco product or hamburgers at fast food places.

Nothing wrong with the fast food chains when I am home though...I recently fell in live wirh Jersey Mikes subs......

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    I like Ferraros .....italian, if you order meat dishes it will set you back 200 for 2 with some wine. Good atmosphere, well presented, great veal, . I dont drink but they seem to have a well stocked wine vault. Based on your past postings, you might not like this place though
    I knew it. Larry is a wino. The only thing that scares a wino is running out of wine.

"I had a friend back in college that was an alcoholic" larry says as he takes another slug of wine. "He drank himself to death" larry says as he uncorks another bottle of wine. "I tried to warn him" larry says as he pours another glass of wine. "I don't drink" larry says as he takes another slug of wine. "I try to help people" larry says as he swallows another glass of wine.
    Inferring I have a drinking problem would be equivalent to me calling you a well balanced sober gentleman.It just doesnt stick based on evidence and reality.

But carry on, I was just contributing to this thread with real info, while you are merely acting the fool

I wont be baited.

better you get banned than me
    Won't be baited, hell. You took the bait hook, line, and sinker. Your whole post here is a troll. That's funny. Even when you say you are not trolling....you are trolling.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

I took it seriously and gave an answer for a "restaurant" as per the original poster inquired.

I didnt post about fast food joints, or soup kitchens.

Ferraros was actually agreed with by someone else .. so,,,,.baiting me by calling me a drunkard and a troll will not work

Michael's at South Point
    Nora's on W. Flamingo
    Herbs N Rye on Sahara
    Mama's on Jones
    Sweet Tomatoes on W. Flamingo
    Palace Station Oyster Bar
    Sonoma Cellar at Sunset Station
    PingPangPong at Gold Coast
    Hearthstone at Red Rock
    T-Bones at Red Rock

John Mull's Road Kill Grill on Thom Blvd.

Thread Information