View Poll Results: Is playing an away game in Vegas an extra distraction for visiting teams/players?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 83.33%
  • No

1 16.67%

Thread: Vegas Golden Knights

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the sports or Vegas section. I decided on Vegas.

The Vegas Golden Knights hockey team is off to an incredible start (half) of the season. First place in the west...60 points as we speak. I can't say I remember any expansion team in any sport doing so well.

But what I really want to talk about is their home record. 18-2-1 as of this moment. Best home record in hockey.

So my question: Is playing in Vegas more of a home advantage because it is Vegas? Like the visiting team being "xtra" distracted with gambling, drinking, ladies, ect?

If other teams are distracted, presumably that will change in the playoffs when the stakes are high given it will be “win or go home”.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    I wasn't sure whether to post this in the sports or Vegas section. I decided on Vegas.

The Vegas Golden Knights hockey team is off to an incredible start (half) of the season. First place in the west...60 points as we speak. I can't say I remember any expansion team in any sport doing so well.

But what I really want to talk about is their home record. 18-2-1 as of this moment. Best home record in hockey.

So my question: Is playing in Vegas more of a home advantage because it is Vegas? Like the visiting team being "xtra" distracted with gambling, drinking, ladies, ect?
    Yes.

Originally Posted by FABismonte View Post
    If other teams are distracted, presumably that will change in the playoffs when the stakes are high given it will be “win or go home”.
    I think it might get worse in the playoffs. teams coming in for a single game are here a night or two. In the playoffs it is two games separated by a day off, means teams will be here 3-4 nights. That is a long time for whoever has to keep an eye on these guys and keep them from "straying".

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post

Hockey is one of a few sports that actually bakes into the rule book a couple of small advantages for the home team. Having the last change is one of those advantages and it means that the home team has more control over who on their team plays against particular players on the other team. This expansion team has many veteran players who feel a little something to prove since they weren't payed or protected by their former team. If you want to go to the game I suggest you wait a couple minutes after the game started and find cheaper tickets outside. The prices drop drastically since they have to unload the tickets and don't have the advantage anymore.

I love hockey and have yet to go to a Golden Knights game. Do we have enough interest in town to get a group together and see a game? I have been asked in the past before to meet up with some players and a hockey game could be an easy way for me to feel comfortable having a meet and chat while watching the game.

Thread Information