Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What Kind of Forum Is This?

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post

This is too good to be true...please post the PMs if you still have them.

Really, Sherlock? You seemed pretty concerned for someone who you suspected is a sockpuppet.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Just today a new member girlfriday introduces herself stating she only plays with an advantage. You immediately respond demanding proof, wanting her to post win-loss statements. Warm welcome.

LOL. Coach, you can help me out here. How does one post PMs? I just caught up on this thread right now. My love affair with MickeyCrimm (sorry, mickey, I like you, but we're just friends) in the PMs consisted of me telling girlfriday that crimm was his real last name. That was it. Pretty funny.

I PMed girlfriday when she asked if anyone else used their real name on this forum. I told her I did and Crimm was Mickey's actual last name. She then asked some questions that made me think it was our old pal with an editor. It was just too Rob-esque. It was clearly, I think, someone who knew I was not going to be found in a 10-minute google search. So I figured "she" was a sock puppet and stopped responding. I was also relatively gentle in my assessments of people, with the exception of my characterizing Mr. Mendelson's gambling expertise as "fourth grade idiocy." And hell, that may have been gentle, as I was way better at math in fourth grade.

I stopped responding, and when she realized I wasn't going to respond further, "she" started this thread. I think "she" knew that I knew.

Look, folks, this is clearly Rob-related, as you'll be able to see if I post the PMs. I actually suspect it was Rob coaching somebody, not Rob direct, but it's just too resonant of Rob, shall we say? So tell me how to post the PMs and I will.

Coach belly, sorry, I don't think I said anything bad about you. I'll try harder next time.

No, Bank of America bought Countrywide Funding which flooded the market with inferior loans as part of a bailout program. BofA also was used to bail out one of the big Wall Street investment companies. Look I don't give a damn about how you got your first house. But if you had 40% down no one would say no to you.

If Singer wrote that post he's a better writer than I ever imagined him to be. Do you think he hires ghost writing sockpuppets? LOL

Rob smartened up. He got somebody with some expertise to front for him. He didn't write the loan material. But I'm pretty sure he dictated much of the PMs.

You'll notice she didn't post them, even upon direct request. I guess she's too much a lady.
    Last edited by redietz; 01-17-2018 at 12:39 AM.

Redietz is right about something: it really is hard to find anything about him on Google. There's a mention of a website IntegritySports.Com which appears to be closed (don't confuse it with similar sounding companies) and there is that reference to the Wise Guys contest from 20 years ago and there are references to this forum.

At the same time you won't find my articles in Barron's, The Columbia Journalism Review, The Washington Journalism Review or New York Magazine on the Internet either... but there are copies in libraries and at those institutions.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Rob smartened up. He got somebody with some expertise to front for him. He didn't write the loan material. But I'm pretty sure he dictated much of the PMs.
    How much money do you think he paid this ghost writing sockpuppet? I've got plenty of time for a well paying gig like that!

LOL

LOL yourself. I just reread the PMs. If Rob wasn't coaching girlfriday, well, I will leave it for a poll to decide. Even you, Mr. Mendelson, are going to have a hard time believing Mr. Singer was not involved.

Now how do I post these PMs?

I've gotta give kewlJ credit. He has a sixth sense regarding this stuff.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I don't know who girlfriday is.
    Do you suspect it is Rob Singer? Yes or no?
    No. The writing and information sounds nothing thats anything Singer.

Does it kill you that there might be another person in this world who made these comments disputing some claims here?

I will say that the banker was speaking strictly from the perspective of a traditional bank. I know mortgage brokers who can get mortgages for gamblers. I think kewlj said he got his first house with 40% down and in that case if he was selling lemonade on a street corner he'd get a mortgage.
    No, it doesn't kill me one bit. I just know how you like to play technicality games. You said something along the lines of "I don't know it's Rob Singer" Anyone can say that about anyone and it would technically be the truth unless they are sitting directly behind that person while they are posting. IMO that's the kind of BS you pull and that's how you like to operate and conduct yourself. That's why I asked.

Don't give me this good writing BS. With a little effort and some motivation(Rob singers motivation is disdain and hate for AP's especially since it goes against his VP con system), I could write something that's well written with a completely different style, even about something I know very little about. It would certainly fool you.

IIRC he was a writer, was he not? If so, it should be very easy for him to accomplish.
    It may, or may not be him. If it's not him I have no doubt he is in cahoots with someone who has the same agenda. I wouldn't doubt it if you are in on it somehow or at least know whats going on.
    Last edited by AxelWolf; 01-17-2018 at 01:19 AM.

Axel, how do I post PMs? The odds are 10-1 against me figuring it out by daybreak, as I am technologically challenged.

Yeah, we have gotten to the point where odds are Mr. Mendelson is throwing shade, as they say. Rob targeted me specifically with this one, but he just has no blessed patience.

Wait'll you read what was actually said as opposed to girlfriday's first entry summary.

Coach belly, I thought you wanted this stuff posted. Help me out here.

I think Dan was conducting an investigation. I only hope a good forum contributor wasn't chased away. So far the forum has done a good job chasing away many contributors who used to post here seeking info but lost interest because of the attacks.

Axel, how do I post PMs? The odds are 10-1 against me figuring it out by daybreak, as I am technologically challenged.
    You can't simply copy and psste? You did that with our posts over the package.

You can just copy/paste them. Use your mouse and highlight over the PMs, hit Ctrl+C (copy). Then go to this thread or wherever and hit Ctrl+V (paste).

Alternatively, you can take a screenshot. Most Windows keyboards, AFAIK, have a PrtScrn button (print screen), or something like that. You might have to hold ALT or a FUNCTION key when doing that. Then open up Microsoft Paint, paste (with Ctrl+V), and it should show up. Save, upload to forum, done.

No, you copied and pasted the PMs, not me. Jesus, Mr. Mendelson, get your memory cap on. I never posted PMs from other people...it's not kosher. But this is a special series.

And, though it pains me, hats off to LarryS, who is absolutely correct according to my PI brother-in-law, that about 95% of the people using "girl" in their handles aren't.

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    I wouldn't doubt it if you are in on it somehow or at least know whats going on.
    ABSOLUTELY!

The funniest part is that these two, Singer and Alan, think they are fooling everyone. They are fooling No one! Literally No One!

The guys that think they are so much smarter than everyone else in the room....never are. They are usually the dumbest.

Thanks, RS. Much appreciated. Here we go. Entry #2:

If that is your true name then in my view your credibility is fine. I don't know why what I think is important though. It sounds like you're some type of sports handicapper maybe? I know very little of that business.

I can locate and read a lot of background on Mr. Mendelson.l can't figure out why people are so tough on him. Because he doesn't agree with the ap concept? That wouldn't and doesn't bother me. Do you have any site or place I can go for yours too?

I do know of the Rob Singer controversy for lack of a better term. I also viewed his videos with Alan which are interesting. This dies not seem like a man who dismisses the bath of his game. In fact, in the videos he provides a good dose of it, and he explains it well. I'm not familiar with his Martingale system though. Where can I read up on that?

The entry above was a response to this, which I sent when "she" asked if anyone else posted under their real name.

I'm posting under my real name -- R.E. Dietz (as in Robert Earl). My issue with Mr. Mendelson is that a former (now banned) poster named Rob Singer, who Mr. Mendelson had interviewed and posted on YouTube, was promoting some voodoo Martingale video poker system. Singer refused to believe the redietz here who was giving him a hard time was Robert E. Dietz the handicapper. So I put together a package of interviews and published articles and reviews and sent it to Mendelson. The package included a paper I'd presented at the National Conference on Gambling and Risk-Taking and op eds from various papers and third party published reviews of handicappers that were published in Las Vegas in the 80's and 90's. Mendelson refused to go to his office and pick it up and read it. He didn't want to undercut his friend, Rob Singer, whose real name is Rob Argentino.

So my name is real. Mickeycrimm's last name is also real. I can't vouch for the stories or credibility of anyone but me, obviously, as I haven't investigated any of these folks, but it's pretty clear Mr. Mendelson knows a little about a lot of things. His gambling ideas and strategies, however, are sheer fourth grade idiocy in most cases. But, if you're not innumerate, you'll figure that out yourself shortly.

Here is my response to the girlfriday response. By now I was pretty sure Rob was behind it:

I think most of Singer's strategies are laid out in the videos. They do not work. Mathematically, they cannot work. If Mr. Mendelson, after all these years, wanted to "prove" Rob Singer, all he would have to do is take Rob's alleged strategies and run them by three or four different people with PhDs in math or game theory, which is easy enough for Mr. Mendelson to do, given his reputation and resources.

He has never done it, because he knows what the feedback is going to be.

Girlfriday's next response is below:

I didn't locate any of the Singer Martingale strategy in the videos, but I did find something about it in older posts by him. I wish he wasn't banned because it would be interesting to discuss this with him.

He doesn't visibly challenge the math and he says that. What I see is he trues to push the quad winners in his direction so he can see more of them than they statistically occur. He openly says his strategy relies on being a small bit more lucky than an ap player.

I also saw where your primary issue is how he claims to win, and win a lot, on less than 100% machines. I need to understand his system better first, but my comment here is that it's possible to be able to do that over x no. of hands, with x being undefinable for now. At 99.1% versus 100.7%, in individual sessions of video poker play, the difference would be negligible. I see the argument though, where over the long term there would be enough hands to eat away his profits. I can't disagree or agree with that until I know more about it.

I don't know who girlfriday is. I don't care if you believe me or not.

Rob was up front and honest in the videos about the math of his special plays.

It's curious you criticized his approach for increasing bets as he loses because just the other day this method was mentioned in blackjack discussion and no one said a bad word about it.

Redietz you're correct you shouldn't reveal PMs.

Tonight I exchanged PMs with one of my critics here. He gave me sensitive info and I gave him sensitive info. I want to assure him the info will remain private.

That's it. That's the PMs.

Now please compare the initial post by girlfriday in this thread to what I actually wrote. Any comments?

I don't find posting other people's PMs kosher, but I'm making the first exception of my life in this case. I think Singer targeted me specifically because he knew I'd respond to the question of people posting under their own name.

Coach belly seemed thrilled that someone might post the PMs. I hope he is still as thrilled.

KJ, props to you on identifying this from the opening gun. And LarryS, you hit the nail on the head regarding the demography of posters.

And Mickey, I'm sorry if the man-love I feel for you (as reported by girlfriday in the original post) didn't make it into these PMs. I'll do better next time.
    Last edited by redietz; 01-17-2018 at 01:47 AM.

Redietz I am going to ask you one more time: why didn't you send your package to Dan?

Thread Information