Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The booming economy

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    I only scowl and filip the bird at the filthy roadside beggars; let me guess, you have a heart and give them money?

If you do, you'd best but a big "S" in front of that "AP" label you so proudly wear.
    You have been on enough forums with me that you are probably aware that I donate both time and money to the Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth. I also a sponsor to a local radio station's backpack and school supply give away each August to homeless and disadvantaged youth returning to school.

I am not looking for any "S", which I am sure in your mind stands for "schmuck" (2nd time in 24 hours I have used this word and I a not even Jewish ) I just offer a little compassion, non-judgmental compassion to those less fortunate than myself. I make no apology for that.

No, I didn't know, but that changes nothing.

And it wasn't "schmuck," it was "sap."
    What, Me Worry?

Bootstraps and Old Spice ITT

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Let's quit pussy footing around here about the homeless, and call a spade a spade.

The homeless are failures; they've failed at life, thus they are homeless.

Natural selection favors the strong over the weak.

We really need to cull the herd.

Maybe we need to criminalize vagrancy, and send those convicted to work camps to repair the nation's infrastructure.

Another option: hello, Soylent Green (while I'd turn my nose up at eating it, I suspect the residents of shithole countries wouldn't be as picky).

*Good Trump-keeping seal of approval given*
    I became homeless on my 18th birthday when my stepfather woke me up and gave me an hour to get out. It was March of my senior year in high school. I spent a couple nights at the home of a friend and classmate, but decided I didn't want to be a burden to their family, so I spent the next 3 months at the men's homeless shelter, on a cot in a room with 2 dozen men, most old enough to be my father, a few my grandfather.

For 3 month from March til early June, I rose before dawn, to take a public transportation bus to high school. I also worked a part time job 2 evenings and weekends at an ice cream store. I also was the starting short shop on my high school baseball team, that went to but lost the state championship that spring. In June I graduated.

At no time did I feel like a failure or consider that I had failed at anything. As a matter of fact, when my name was called and I walked across the stage to receive my diploma and my classmates rose and applaud, it was without doubt the proudest moment of my life.

Shame on you MrV. I am sure it is easy for you to look down your nose and judge everyone. You don't know everyone's story and circumstances though do you.
    I admire you for the adversity you overcame. However the argument you make on V's comment I dont buy.

There are outliers for any instnace..but that doesnt make them the norm
    For example I can easily say with certainty that black children growing up in single parent households without a dad have a higher drop out rate from school and have a greater chance of living at the poverty level. Even though you can point to Obama as being a black child raised by a single parent. He ia an outlier.

So just because you are not lazy, stupid, a loser, poor decision maker, poor educated by your own choice,.....and got out of the homeless situation by being the antithesis of what I just mentioned.....means you are an outlier.....it doesnt mean the majority of homeless are just like you.

It all comes down to personal responsibility. If yOU(the general you) are lazy, sit home and watch tv, and take up drinking and become an alcoholic...you now have a self inflicted disease. Some of the alcoholics on the street are cut from that cloth. I have no sympathy for them just as I have not sympathy for a 500 lb man who complains that he cant get a job. Again self inflicted. So Mr V is looking not at the exceptions.Not the outliers.

Thread Information