Here where I live in northern Ca, surrounding kids leagues there is pressure from native american organizations to do away with names like braves, indians, ...even in san diego...the aztecs are being questioned as a politcally correct name.

As I get older I am staerting to see the point, but dont know where it all ends.

do we give names to teams of inanimate objects, like the bombers, or tanks,or explosives?

are all living things off the table.

Like we dont want kids in the stands yelling :"kill the indians"...but we also dont want them yelling "kill the eagles" for animal rights purposes,and we certainly dont want people yelling "pound the cougars"

so are we at the point where a big change has to occur?

I am leaning toward getting rid of the "indian" type names . I can see the point of folks that are offended. Just as I would be offended if a team was named jews or holocaust survivors. It could be argued that holocaust survivors were very tough folks who survived adversity,,,,,attributes a team would want....but I am not signing up to use that name. Same with native american names. Native americans were slaughtered as well,,,,,and some survived. So that does that mean we can sit in the stands and say pulverize those indians.