How many kids and adults have to be slaughtered before it becomes ok to curb assault weapons and automatic weapons. I know..."its my right" and "if the govt curbs my right to own weapons, then whats next...are they going to curb my right to own a butter knife".

Yeah yeah, you have the right now, and god forbid you give them up in order to save some lives. Because the lives of children are less important than your joy of owning an assault rifle or an automatic weapon.

TELL ME HOW GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE,,,,,PEOPLE DO.

tell that to families of the school shootings, or public venue shootings. I am sure you will gladly see your wife or daughter or mother get shot in the head in a mass shooting just as long as you retain the rights to "own" what you choose.

Very selfish way to live

Just like Pit Bulls. If they were banned from sale....then there will be a bunch of people who will live each year that would normally die. mostly children. Every death is accompanied by an owner that proclaims that its the first time the dog showed aggression. But "i have the right to own what i want" prevails.
You want a big dog.....get a great dane. You want a dog that is wired to rip any other animal(apart) if prompted in his mind....then fuck you.

Pit Bulls are built physically and wired mentally to rip you apart if it feels the need, basically if it feels threatened or feels his master/family is threatened....except that dogs dont have rational thoughts and may find a 5 year old that pulls on its ear real hard as an adversary.
Or a 5 year old that pushes down his families child. It can be a death sentence. But I want i want i want a pit bull and nothing else will do, is worth 25 dead people in 2016.

Oh yeah like guns...its not the dog that kills kids and adults...its the irresponsible owner. It seems irresponsible owners are attracted to pit bulls....because 75 percent of deaths from dogs come from pit bulls.

yeah, i know , cars kill people too. Except there is testing and registration with the state required.

the weapons that are used in mass shootings are not the handheld pistols that people use for protection . No one is suggesting taking those away

So tell me..whats the number that works before people give in for greater controls on weapons. 17 children? 200 chldren, 1000 children each year. And how may adults at public venues....100? 1000? 20,000?....whats the number that makes one say "enough is enough"??????

Or does it simply take someone in your family getting a bullet in their head for you to wonder if change is needed.?