Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Go Knights Go

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    As I said, last year was the ONLY time the Knights will be in the limelight, and they blew their chance. Last night's game proved how inept they really are. They got called for and deserved the major/game misconduct for a cheap shot, and they paid for it. Now they can go back to the tables, booze and pot.

Go Bruins!
    Robocchio, I thought your analysis was spot on but can you believe the NHL suspended those two referee's for the 2nd round? That's some nerve, right? I'm sure you are up in arms about it.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

It's that time of year again!!
    I got a really good deal on the Bruins Game coming up on the 8th!
    I wasn't posting much last year so I didn't post the playoff game I went to.
    The intro was fun and Mark Stone getting a Hat Trick was great.
    Unfortunately the Knights blew a 3-1 Series Lead last season.
    Welcome to the NHL and its Cruel Playoff Format that I wouldn't want to change!

I have NHL Center Ice so I expect to watch more games at Home.
    I am obviously getting old as the reverb and loud sound at Knight Games gets me Grumpy.
    The first year was loud enough but they upped it last season with reverb that shakes your whole body.
    It is fun when you are young but now I think that stuff is going to make my heart explode.

Here are the pictures from last season and I guess I can snap one or two next Tuesday.
    Go Knights Go!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

GREATEST THING IN SIN CITY, AND WILL BE FOR MANY YEARS.
    WHAT A PRODUCT, WHAT A TEAM, WHAT AN ORGANIZATION

As soon as the Raiders arrive in town the hockey team will be nothing but a bad, losing memory. Championships are the ONLY measure of success, the Raiders have had success in the past, and the GN's will never see one in 50 years minimum. When a team blows it's big chance early on, it dooms their future.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    As soon as the Raiders arrive in town the hockey team will be nothing but a bad, losing memory. Championships are the ONLY measure of success, the Raiders have had success in the past, and the GN's will never see one in 50 years minimum. When a team blows it's big chance early on, it dooms their future.
    You obviously haven't been to Vegas lately. The amount of people wearing Knights gear is unreal along with vehicles tagged with decals and what not. Vegas is a hockey town in the desert. The sports bars are unreal during the games. I doubt the Raiders make 1/2 the impact the knights have.

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    You obviously haven't been to Vegas lately. The amount of people wearing Knights gear is unreal along with vehicles tagged with decals and what not. Vegas is a hockey town in the desert. The sports bars are unreal during the games. I doubt the Raiders make 1/2 the impact the knights have.
    I won't go to any Raiders games unless I get Free Tickets.
    I could never root for the Raiders since I grew up in Pittsburgh and the Raiders were a rival in the 70s.
    I think it is different with the Raiders since they have a long history with Oakland and LA... moving to Vegas.
    I don't see Vegas locals changing their NFL teams just because they moved to Vegas.
    I suppose the youth will embrace them as their own though.

The Knights are an expansion team founded in Vegas so it changes the dynamic.
    I have spent thousands in apparel and over 14k for game tickets alone.
    I will most likely spend 3k to 10k for games this season depending on how deep they go into the playoffs.
    They have actually tied or taken over my favorite team, the Penguins, which is difficult for me to understand.
    I never thought I would root for a team more so than the team I watched and loved my whole life.
    This is most likely since I live so close to the arena and can get more involved compared to being a Penguin Fan living in Vegas.
    I also followed and got into the Wranglers for about 10 years but not nearly as involved as I am with the Knights.
    The Wranglers was so easy on the pocket book... Free Tickets or at most 20 dollars per game and much cheaper Game Worn Jerseys.

Personally, I have been all but done with the NFL for the last few years.
    I don't even buy any hats of the Steelers anymore let alone any form of clothing.
    The NFL has changed so much that I do not find it enjoyable to watch.
    Constant Replays and the the interpretation of the rules changes depending on the team or week.

I watched some NFL this year and I seen about 12 penalties for touching the quarterback on the helmet.
    Most of the time it was incidental contact sort of like running into the kicker.
    They should just play two hand touch or flag football.

The game is about how many passes can you throw for a touchdown.
    They have taken Physical Play and Defense out of the game.

I never thought I would be bored with football and the NFL but I haven't been able to watch one game so far this year from start to finish.
    Change is Hard and things always change with the times.
    The times we live in now in America have ruined the game of football that I grew up with.
    It is what it is.

I say it's time for Corporate Rollerball and hopefully we can find a Jonathan!!

(I do miss The Duke though)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by monet; 10-04-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Looking over my recent ticket purchase from the VGK Exchange it appears the Fees just never end.
    Here is a new Fee they add to your ticket purchase...

T-Mobile Arena Facility Improvement Fee: $6.00

Two Years Old and they need a slush fund from all ticket sells to improve the facility.
    Second Highest Ticket Prices/Sales in the League but they are not making enough money lol???
    Oh and they have sold out over 100% capacity for every game ever played in The Fortress to date!
    That statistic does not look to change anytime soon.

I don’t really understand it. Soccer on ice, what a shit sport.

Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    I don’t really understand it. Soccer on ice, what a shit sport.
    It certainly is a little more violent than soccer or soccer on ice lol.
    I don't get many things like man on man sex, democrats, being lied to about everything from birth... etc etc.
    Shit Sport, Shit Life... whatever.

I mean I hate the WNBA and can't understand how people watch women playing basketball but again... whatever.

I guess you enjoy the modern era of the NFL... pffft!

Nobody is forcing you to watch the NHL or enjoy it.

No sport is more popular, by far, than football. Once the Raiders come to town we will see if anyone even remembers the hockey team. The only reason the GN's are the talk of the town right now is because it's residual from being in the Stanley Cup Finals their 1st year, and there's no other of the four major sports in town yet. Once the NFL arrives, it's GAME OVER for all the hockey hype.

The WNBA is ridiculous. What did Don Imus call them--nappy-headed ho's?

Dom Imus said that about the Rutgers women's basketball team. It did not end well for him, at that time. He had to change radio stations.

I am following the WNBA finals with the Suns versus the Wizards. Unlike the NFL with cheating and suspensions with those suspended allowed to participate in the playoffs, it is a renegade league that many follow for fantasy sports reasons only. When a team takes a player after two major meltdowns, can't answer questions as to why they (the third team) released the player, after the fact, is there a reason fans should honor the NFL or this team? The commissioner makes 40 Million dollars a year. Why?

For me, the difference between college sports and professional sports are simple. When you are exuberant about college sports, you are passionate. When you are exuberant about professional sports (most of the time) DNA must be tested. Most professional sports followers are local only. At least in this Commonwealth.

I'm passionate about Little League ball.

I try to watch college basketball I really do. But I can only stand so much of junking up games with zone defenses and idiots consistently mismanaging obvious 2 for 1 situations. At least half the time in college basketball a guy getting the ball with 50 seconds left in the half the moron is walking the ball up the court. They almost never f- up simple crap like that in professional sports.

PDB as the new coach for the Knights.
    Fuck You Vegas!!

Bringing back this old thread to see what Monet and maybe others see going on with the playoffs in this fucked up season.

Obviously no one is going to games and with Sisolak waging war on the bars, what is the interest?

I do get emails from Ellis Island that they are having parties on game days on the Front Porch. With free shots every time the Knights score.

The team landed the #1 seed in the bracket but not sure what that is worth with the games all being in the sane place.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Bringing back this old thread to see what Monet and maybe others see going on with the playoffs in this fucked up season.

Obviously no one is going to games and with Sisolak waging war on the bars, what is the interest?

I do get emails from Ellis Island that they are having parties on game days on the Front Porch. With free shots every time the Knights score.

The team landed the #1 seed in the bracket but not sure what that is worth with the games all being in the sane place.
    Not exactly an old thread as I update it as I go to the games or want to talk some Vegas Hockey.
    After what they did with the coaching change in the middle of the season and bringing in the Rival Coach it left a very sour taste in my mouth.
    Hard to kinda get over that for me as I don't like that Evil Empire Bullshit.
    Also I just like how Gallant is an old school kind of guy that doesn't bow down to PC Culture.
    PDB is far more PC so its very hard for me to get on board with him.

Nobody is going to listen to that noise, at the moment, because Vegas is Hot and keeps on Winning.
    The seeding does matter in this tournament format though because Vegas got to play the much weaker team Chicago.
    I guess they play round robins after each round so they will get re-seeded for round 2 as they downed the Blackhawks last night 4-3.
    They won the serious with ease 4 games to 1.
    They are 8 and 1 in the bubble and they seem to play well without the crowd noise and difficulties of playing on the road.
    Factor in no travel and its a different game.
    I wasn't going to watch this bubble hockey but I'm a hypocrite and it is hard not to watch it for me.
    One thing I will say is that the NHL is no joke in showcasing how to play Bubble Sports.
    Everyone is following the protocol and they have had zero issues from my understanding which is very impressive.
    Of course the city of Whuan, China just had a massive Pool Party with no masks and social distancing so how Real is this Virus???

I don't know how I feel about this Tournament for the Cup because I am a Traditionalist.
    I guess its better than not having a Stanley Cup like in the season of 2004/05 when they went on Strike.
    The games are entertaining and no players are wearing masks and they are fighting, spitting and sweating on each other.
    Funny to see all GM's wearing masks in a freaking bubble where nobody has caught this thing.
    I dunno... its all messed up but at least I can bet on it in the Sports Book which makes it more fun for me.

I am completely done with the NBA.
    I was done 15 some odd years ago but now I will never watch another game.
    I haven't watched any baseball but I will watch eventually.
    Funny how the NBA couldn't adhere to the rules like the NHL is doing.
    Different mind set I suppose.
    Most of the NHL isn't kneeling or focused on BLM and they don't sponsor it on the ice so I guess they have different Agendas.
    So I have to hand it to the NHL.
    They have provided quality entertainment in a safe environment and have left politics out for the most part.
    I'd still like to see no women in Men's Hockey but I'm a Chauvinist Pig!

Originally Posted by monet View Post

Not exactly an old thread as I update it as I go to the games or want to talk some Vegas Hockey.
    After what they did with the coaching change in the middle of the season and bringing in the Rival Coach it left a very sour taste in my mouth.
    Also I just like how Gallant is an old school kind of guy that doesn't bow down to PC Culture.

Nobody is going to listen to that noise, at the moment, because Vegas is Hot and keeps on Winning.
    The seeding does matter in this tournament format though because Vegas got to play the much weaker team Chicago.
    I guess they play round robins after each round so they will get re-seeded for round 2 as they downed the Blackhawks last night 4-3.
    They are 8 and 1 in the bubble and they seem to play well without the crowd noise and difficulties of playing on the road.
    I wasn't going to watch this bubble hockey but I'm a hypocrite and it is hard not to watch it for me.
    One thing I will say is that the NHL is no joke in showcasing how to play Bubble Sports.
    Everyone is following the protocol and they have had zero issues from my understanding which is very impressive.
    Of course the city of Whuan, China just had a massive Pool Party with no masks and social distancing so how Real is this Virus???

I don't know how I feel about this Tournament for the Cup because I am a Traditionalist.
    I guess its better than not having a Stanley Cup like in the season of 2004/05 when they went on Strike.
    The games are entertaining and no players are wearing masks and they are fighting, spitting and sweating on each other.
    Funny to see all GM's wearing masks in a freaking bubble where nobody has caught this thing.
    I dunno... its all messed up but at least I can bet on it in the Sports Book which makes it more fun for me.

Most of the NHL isn't kneeling or focused on BLM and they don't sponsor it on the ice so I guess they have different Agendas.
    They have provided quality entertainment in a safe environment and have left politics out for the most part.
    The NHL is probably 97% white, that has a lot to do, with the lack of BLM and other such nonsense. Totally agree with women not belonging in Men's sports, not acceptable on many levels.

Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Originally Posted by monet View Post

The NHL is probably 97% white, that has a lot to do, with the lack of BLM and other such nonsense. Totally agree with women not belonging in Men's sports, not acceptable on many levels.
    Don’t give the NHL too much credit, they fell for the BLM scam too. While they may have done it and moved on, they did it.

https://www.nhl.com/video/we-skate-f...4652/c-5392953

That said, we have come a long way in 9 years from when bananas were thrown on the ice.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...rticle4085745/

So these bunch of kewlJ's over at the NHL decided to cancel the games for today and tomorrow.
    Sports is not supposed to be political.
    Who benefits from this?
    The teams that are banged up and down in their series.
    Now they get a little resting period for their cuts and bruises to heal.
    Professional Sports are starting to get really Pussified.

If they are going to boycott they should give all the money back that their oppressors pay them.
    Nobody giving those million dollar checks back I suppose?
    I'm not sure which is the biggest hoax!?
    This Protest Bullshit or the Fake Virus??

Million Dollar Announcers walking off of television??
    At least Charles Barkley stayed true to character as he is not a Role Model.

Imagine if someone called in sick to work and told their boss, due to someone trying to kill a police officer they won't be coming into work today. In order to stand in solidarity with the attacker. If you're still supporting sports you're part of the problem.

Sports were created and promoted to give people an outlet for their aggression that would otherwise spill over into society. It's time to quit participating and use that aggression to take back this country's way of life. Or you can just cuck the fuck out. It's your choice.

Thread Information