Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Go Knights Go

Not only were the G Knights and Fleury dominating in all aspects, but the Sharks came completely unglued in the 3rd period taking 32 penalty minutes to the Knights zero.

8 penalties for 32 minutes, including 2 different 10 minute misconducts, while the Knights stayed composed and just laughed at the sore loser Sharks.

Here is another interesting thing. At the start of the playoffs, I looked at the odds to win the cup. The Knights were 3rd lowest at 13/2. I thought that odd as they were the 6 seed in the west.

The low odds (huge favorite) were of course Tampa bay at 6/5. Barely above even money. And they are now gone.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    I decided not to go to game 4 even though I could of got 10 rows back from Center Ice.
    This is because I figured the Knights would have to at least play one more game or more at T-Mobile no matter what.
    So I was free rolling so to speak.
    Also sitting at home watching on the big screen in my Recliner is nice as well!
    Cheaper too and I can dance around the living room high fiving my dogs and uncle

Many things can be said about this game but this picture below is all that is needed!!
    Think you’re right...Sharks will more than likely take G5, and the Knights will close it out back in Vegas in G6...Have fun, should be wild

Originally Posted by Keystone View Post
    I decided not to go to game 4 even though I could of got 10 rows back from Center Ice.
    This is because I figured the Knights would have to at least play one more game or more at T-Mobile no matter what.
    Cheaper too and I can dance around the living room high fiving my dogs and uncle

Many things can be said about this game but this picture below is all that is needed!!
    Think you’re right...Sharks will more than likely take G5, and the Knights will close it out back in Vegas in G6...Have fun, should be wild
    I certainly do not think the Sharks will win game 5.
    Kane might get suspended and they have other injured players.
    Neither Goalie can stop the puck.

My point was that if they lose game 4 or 5 they will at the least get game 6 at TMobile.
    I give the sharks less than 1% chance to win 3 games in a row.
    This means the Knights advance to Round 2 which means at least 2 more Home Games
    Not counting a possible game 6 that is.

I certainly do not think the Sharks will win game 5.
    Kane might get suspended and they have other injured players.
    Neither Goalie can stop the puck.

My point was that if they lose game 4 or 5 they will at the least get game 6 at TMobile.
    I give the sharks less than 1% chance to win 3 games in a row.
    This means the Knights advance to Round 2 which means at least 2 more Home Games
    Not counting a possible game 6 that is.
    They have the Sharks pretty much dead and buried now but it’s still pretty difficult to win 2 games on another teams home ice..wouldn’t be surprised if they do tho...pretty nice goal by Shea Theodore last night huh?....he came to them from the Ducks in the expansion draft. Was pretty disappointed when the Ducks let him walk

Knights blow a 3-1 Series Lead.
    Knights lose game 6 in double OT.
    Knights blow a 3 goal lead in game 7.
    Knights lose again in OT, this time in game 7.

I don't want to talk about it.

Knights blow a 3-1 Series Lead.
    Knights lose game 6 in double OT.
    Knights blow a 3 goal lead in game 7.
    Knights lose again in OT, this time in game 7.

I don't want to talk about it.
    Do you still not believe in fixes? Maybe you just need some carrot juice to feel better.
    FraudJ's word is worth less than the prop cash in Singer's safe...RIP

As I said, last year was the ONLY time the Knights will be in the limelight, and they blew their chance. Last night's game proved how inept they really are. They got called for and deserved the major/game misconduct for a cheap shot, and they paid for it. Now they can go back to the tables, booze and pot.

Go Bruins!

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post

Do you still not believe in fixes? Maybe you just need some carrot juice to feel better.
    Who said I never believed in fixes?
    The whole system in life is fixed or crooked.
    However, I never have had personal knowledge of a fix which would be nice.
    Ignorance is Bliss.
    Carrot Juice is Great when you mix in some apple, celery and lemon.
    Course I hear it causes Cancer just like everything else these days.
    TRUMP 2020!

I don't believe the game or series was "fixed". I mean if you want to talk "fix" conspiracies, look to the Tampa Bay series. Tampa Bay Lightning, had one of the best regular season records in NHL history. They looked to have all the pieces in place. Scored a lot of goals, Solid defense. Good goaltending. They were a huge 6/5 favorite to win the Stanley Cup. Almost even money out of 16 teams. What happens: They get swept in 4 straight and most games weren't even close.

Now back to the knights. I don't think the game was fixed, but it was a horrendously bad call. For those that may not have watched, here is the recap. Series tied at 3, Game 7, Golden Knights dominating, ahead 3-0 half way through the 3rd period, when a 5 minute major cross-check penalty is called on them. Sharks score 4 goals during that 5 minute power play to take the lead. Knights tie the game in the last minute but lose in overtime.

That cross check was NOT a 5 minute major penalty. IT WAS a penalty, no doubt and what a stupid play for a team leading by 3 goals with 10 minutes left. You don't want to open the door to any momentum shift in a game you are dominating. Just no need. But again, that was not a 5 minute major, which allows a team to score multiple power play goals as opposed to the traditional 1 during a regular penalty. I personally have never seen 4 goals during a 5 minute power play, but that is what you open the door to with this kind of call. If you call a 5 minute major penalty, it better be something really egregious. This was just a garden variety cross-check, in which the player being cross-checked lost his balance and fell to the ice. And to make that call there, midway through the third period of a game 7, that is really bad refereeing.

Now that said, that play didn't lose the game for the Knights. It did take away almost certain victory, but they still had a chance and to their credit managed to tie the game in the final seconds. And then they had 18 minutes of overtime in which they still could have scored and won. They didn't. AND this game wouldn't have even been necessary if the Knights had won Sunday's game 6 on their home Ice as they should have. So I am not going to blame the game or series on the refs, the Knights should have taken care of business both Sunday night and in this game and that means not taking a penalty (even a regular 2 minute cross-check) with 10 minutes left in a game that you are cruising.
    Last edited by kewlJ; 04-24-2019 at 08:15 AM.

Pretty good analysis, and correct that there’s no way that was a 5 minute major...The guy(Pavelski) getting hurt and laying there on the ice is what made them call it, otherwise it’s a 2 minute PP and San Jose scores once and Vegas probably ends up winning...They really lost this series in G6 when they stunk up the Vegas strip

Pretty good analysis, and correct that there’s no way that was a 5 minute major...The guy(Pavelski) getting hurt and laying there on the ice is what made them call it, otherwise it’s a 2 minute PP and San Jose scores once and Vegas probably ends up winning...They really lost this series in G6 when they stunk up the Vegas strip
    Correct on all accounts (including game 6).

If you look at the replay a penalty wasn't even called when the cross-check occurred. Apparently both refs missed the call. It was only after play was stopped and the sharks guy was laying on the ice bleeding that the ref decided there must have been a major penalty. But the problem was that it was not a vicious crosscheck. A vicious crosscheck usually involves a running (or skating start). This occurred during a faceoff. both guys were standing still, no running starts. Just a garden variety cross-check, and to the chest, NOT the head. Albeit a stupid one.

The problem was that it knocked the sharks guy off balance, causing him to bounce into another player and then fall awkwardly to the ice where he hit his head. But that was not a nasty egregious hit, which is what is required for a 5 minute penalty. And by watching the replay, it is clear the ref didn't even see it, as no call was made. What he saw was a guy on the ice and decided it must have been a vicious hit. Penalty...YES, 5 minute major...Absolutely no way. Bad call.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    I don't believe the game or series was "fixed". I mean if you want to talk "fix" conspiracies, look to the Tampa Bay series. Tampa Bay Lightning, had one of the best regular season records in NHL history. They looked to have all the pieces in place. Scored a lot of goals, Solid defense. Good goaltending. They were a huge 6/5 favorite to win the Stanley Cup. Almost even money out of 16 teams. What happens: They get swept in 4 straight and most games weren't even close.

Now back to the knights. I don't think the game was fixed, but it was a horrendously bad call. For those that may not have watched, here is the recap. Series tied at 3, Game 7, Golden Knights dominating, ahead 3-0 half way through the 3rd period, when a 5 minute major cross-check penalty is called on them. Sharks score 4 goals during that 5 minute power play to take the lead. Knights tie the game in the last minute but lose in overtime.

That cross check was NOT a 5 minute major penalty. IT WAS a penalty, no doubt and what a stupid play for a team leading by 3 goals with 10 minutes left. You don't want to open the door to any momentum shift in a game you are dominating. Just no need. But again, that was not a 5 minute major, which allows a team to score multiple power play goals as opposed to the traditional 1 during a regular penalty. I personally have never seen 4 goals during a 5 minute power play, but that is what you open the door to with this kind of call. If you call a 5 minute major penalty, it better be something really egregious. This was just a garden variety cross-check, in which the player being cross-checked lost his balance and fell to the ice. And to make that call there, midway through the third period of a game 7, that is really bad refereeing.

Now that said, that play didn't lose the game for the Knights. It did take away almost certain victory, but they still had a chance and to their credit managed to tie the game in the final seconds. And then they had 18 minutes of overtime in which they still could have scored and won. They didn't. AND this game wouldn't have even been necessary if the Knights had won Sunday's game 6 on their home Ice as they should have. So I am not going to blame the game or series on the refs, the Knights should have taken care of business both Sunday night and in this game and that means not taking a penalty (even a regular 2 minute cross-check) with 10 minutes left in a game that you are cruising.
    More of your alternate kew-reality lies. Obviously, that WAS a major penalty because it was officially called as such. You may disagree with it just as you do much of everything said about you on forums that gets you a major banning penalty, but thank goodness we have real world order in the NHL.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post

More of your alternate kew-reality lies. Obviously, that WAS a major penalty because it was officially called as such. You may disagree with it just as you do much of everything said about you on forums that gets you a major banning penalty, but thank goodness we have real world order in the NHL.
    WTF do you know about hockey Singer?....I played hockey for 15 years and I can tell you it was a reaction call....it never gets a Major penalty without Pavelski flopping around like a seal....so lets stick with what we know here...what you know is sitting on your couch in a stained wife-beater, picking your ass and then smelling your fingers

WTF do you know about hockey Singer?....I played hockey for 15 years and I can tell you it was a reaction call....it never gets a Major penalty without Pavelski flopping around like a seal....so lets stick with what we know here...what you know is sitting on your couch in a stained wife-beater, picking your ass and then smelling your fingers
    I'm not seeing that you get it, other than you got irritated yet again by the truth.

The official--not you--made the call. That means it happened. This is nothing like the missed call in the Saints game. It is what it is. Deal with it. Pavelski had a bloodied face. That has MAJOR written all over it. If you want to whine about the pathetic VGN's blowing yet another big playoff series, get some sour cream and cheese to go with those crackers.

I'm not seeing that you get it, other than you got irritated yet again by the truth.

The official--not you--made the call. That means it happened. This is nothing like the missed call in the Saints game. It is what it is. Deal with it. Pavelski had a bloodied face. That has MAJOR written all over it. If you want to whine about the pathetic VGN's blowing yet another big playoff series, get some sour cream and cheese to go with those crackers.
    Pavelski had a bloddy face because he fell down and hit his head, not because he was hit in the head. lol.

AND it is EXACTLY like the saints call, except opposite. In the Saints call, the referee didn't want to make a call that would decide the game, so he allowed an obvious penalty to go uncalled. If that is the criteria, then there are no rules enforced in key moments. No that wouldn't be right. And if that was the criteria, there would have been no penalty called in this case, so as not to have the ref decide the outcome. But that is NOT the criteria. A foul or penalty is a foul or penalty. And should be called. But it shouldn't be enhanced because it is a key time in the game either. And to that extent this should have been a 2 minute cross check penalty. 1 goal would have been scored, the lead cut to 3-1, still momentum would have switched a bit because it was a stupid penalty by the Knights, and see what happens.

But to give a team the opportunity to score 4 goals and completely change the game. That is like having a penalty that is a 12 point shot in basketball, or giving a football team 4 consecutive possessions.

And btw, Singer, I am still waiting on your acceptance of the wager in the Axel meetup thread.

Hey Singer, read this-

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/n...to-cody-eakin/

Get it dummy?

You guys are so invested in losers that you have zero clue what NHL regs are all about.

The refs had the discretion to call a major, and they felt a stick to the chest that contributed to the player falling face first into the ice was worthy of the major. Who cares what a LVGK claims--makes no difference. But the funniest part of all this is how the LV Golden fairies immediately produced an epic meltdown to go along with their wimping out of leads in games 5 & 6.

I get why you clowns are mad. The Bruins are going to win the Cup, and Singer loves them.

You guys are so invested in losers that you have zero clue what NHL regs are all about.

The refs had the discretion to call a major, and they felt a stick to the chest that contributed to the player falling face first into the ice was worthy of the major. Who cares what a LVGK claims--makes no difference. But the funniest part of all this is how the LV Golden fairies immediately produced an epic meltdown to go along with their wimping out of leads in games 5 & 6.

I get why you clowns are mad. The Bruins are going to win the Cup, and Singer loves them.
    The only hockey Singer knows about is that stuff he gets on his wanger when he's got it up belly's ass.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Just keep the cup in the states every year. The rest, I don't give a shit about.

Thread Information