Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugly Women

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was reading a study that proves men prefer ugly women compared to beautiful women for marriage or long term relationships. I myself have always believed a woman that is not so attractive treats you better in all aspects of life. The study also proves the opposite for cheating or flings. It seems men will choose the attractive partner for something short term. Either way I have always been of the mindset that whatever relationship you are currently in is the best one to work out the problems or kinks. I have always told my wife if she cheats that's ok. People make mistakes. I'll forgive her but it's gonna be short term and the only way your getting out of our marriage is when death does us part as we agreed upon in our contract.

I would try to date within my preferred range of a 7-9 on the scale.

Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

This just proves how slow I can truly be! How far behind I really am!? Thank you for depressing me this fine, beautiful morning! I have heard this song plenty over the years. If I think about it, it does seem that they usually only play the music and not the lyrics. However, when I remember hearing the lyrics I seem to only remember the "if you wanna be happy" part. I honestly can not recall ever hearing the actual lyrics to this song. I certainly would of used it in conversation or posts in one form or another. This song is moving up my own personal chart, skyrocketing actually. Thank you very much for bringing it to my attention! Here are the lyrics that I stole from some other website so that anyone who is interested but too lazy to look them up can read them here. My own personal favorite two lines are these... An ugly woman cooks meals on time, And she'll always give you peace of mind

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life
    Never make a pretty woman your wife
    So from my personal point of view
    Get an ugly girl to marry you

A pretty woman makes her husband look small
    And very often causes his downfall
    As soon as he marries her then she starts
    To do the things that will break his heart

But if you make an ugly woman your wife
    You'll be happy for the rest of your life
    An ugly woman cooks meals on time
    And she'll always give you peace of mind

Sax solo

Don't let your friends say you have no taste
    Go ahead and marry anyway
    Though her face is ugly, her eyes don't match
    Take it from me, she's a better catch

Spoken:
    Say man!
    Hey baby!
    I saw your wife the other day!
    Yeah?
    Yeah, an' she's ug-leeee!
    Yeah, she's ugly, but she sure can cook, baby!
    Yeah, alright!

^^^
    Repeat 2 more times

I think the sweet spot is to land a girl who grew up as an "ugly duckling" (e.g. a tad overweight until puberty) but who blossomed later in life -- so do your research boys. Those kind of girls tend not to be entitled since they did not spend their entire lives being the belle of the ball. So you CAN get a pretty wife who doesn't have the attitude. I married a girl who was the fourth daughter in the family (then followed by some brothers) and was somewhat overshadowed by her sisters early in life. My wife is a beauty but hasn't internalized it. BTW, when I met her she could only cook two types of dishes (as the youngest girl, her sisters and mother did the cooking). But now "she sure can cook, baby!"

FAB
    Last edited by FABismonte; 02-24-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Originally Posted by FABismonte View Post
    I think the sweet spot is to land a girl who grew up as an "ugly duckling" (e.g. a tad overweight until puberty) but who blossomed later in life -- so do your research boys. Those kind of girls tend not to be entitled since they did not spend their entire lives being the belle of the ball. So you CAN get a pretty wife who doesn't have the attitude. I married a girl who was the fourth daughter in the family (then followed by some brothers) and was somewhat overshadowed by her sisters early in life. My wife is a beauty but hasn't internalized it. BTW, when I met her she could only cook two types of dishes (as the youngest girl, her sisters and mother did the cooking). But now "she sure can cook, baby!"

FAB
    You will certainly find exceptions to the rule. This study is one of a poll nature anyway. It doesn't state that 100% of men agree on marrying less attractive women. I like your point of view though and I have to agree that finding a partner in life is on a per individual basis. Does it really matter if they are less attractive or more attractive than the next person? Most likely not. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as it has been said time and time again. True beauty is inside as anyone with experience knows this. It does not take an individual very long to see someones true colors after being around them for some time.

Just as wine generally improves with age, so do many women.

No, they aren't as fresh and lively, and are usually more full-bodied, but a good wine like a good woman is for those who've been on this planet long enough to appreciate one.

Those new to adulthood have different priorities.
    What, Me Worry?

The amazing thing is that all of us are so great looking that we can get any woman we want.

Well---at least Alan could.

Getting women, like getting many things in life, is not all that difficult, usually.

The secret: "Just ask."

Most guys seem to be too timid to express themselves.

Oh yeah: learn to accept rejection without a qualm and move on.
    What, Me Worry?

In finding a "keeper"....I think it has less to do with finding a plain woman, more than finding a woman who is devoted to you. There are plenty of men that will try to screw any woman with a pulse. So there will always be those guys out there trying even for a plain woman. Now she may turn out at the start to be devoted to you, but if she stays that way ...thats up to how you treat her. Things can change if you cause them to change.

Also clashing personalities are a recipe for disaster...becasue at the beginning the sex may be great but eventually the oil and vinegar separates. For example I am more assertive and make decisions, and my wife is the opposite, and gladly allows me to make decisions without feeling any angst that she is giving up some sort of power to me. Thats just the way she is. She goes with the flow, on restaurants we go to, concerts, meals we have at home. Thats her her personality. She never has to feel I have taken something from her....because thats the way she is normally. She can play the role of a more assertive person at work though. So there are never fights about "you always decide this or that" No angst when I used to come home from work as to what the fight might be about today. No worries that she is screwing on the side. We both have had total peace within the 4 walls of the home for 34 years.

People often marry for the "looks" or the sex.....but its the true personality that cant be hidden by makeup, and always emerges if one waits long enough before getting married. I waited 3 years....and knew her inside out mentally,,,,before i took the step.

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life
    note the mental makup before taking a wife
    look carefully ,,and if you do
    you will know if she should marry you
    Last edited by LarryS; 02-26-2018 at 10:50 AM.

One thing I noticed is that the area makes a big difference.

Take these 3 girls with looks on a scale from 0-10:

A) "9" from Bakersfield
    B) "7" from Northridge
    C) "5" from Beverly Hills

Which would be the easiest one for an average-looking guy from Los Angeles to get, assuming he was somewhere in the vicinity of her age?

You'd assume the "5" from Beverly Hills, right?

WRONG

That would be the hardest girl to get. The easiest would actually be the "9" from Bakersfield!

Why?

Girls from small and/or isolated towns have much lower dating standards. They're surrounded by terrible guys constantly, and often dream of leaving and having a life in the big city or the suburbs. Simply being from LA already gives you a big edge with a girl from a place like Bakersfield, and often your level of sophistication (even if it's nothing impressive by LA standards) will also seem unusual to her.

Also, for whatever reason, girls from those areas often underrate their own looks, while girls from wealthy neighborhoods tend to overrate themselves.

So the "5" from Beverly Hills very well may be deluding herself into believing she's really hot, and thinks you're beneath her.

What about middle-class suburbs like Northridge? They tend to be in the middle of those two extremes.

Of course, I'm generalizing here, but I found this to be remarkably consistent in my decades of dating.

FAB is also correct that finding a pretty girl who wasn't popular in high school (or perhaps bloomed later) is also a good plan, as those women often do not see themselves as attractive as they actually are, and thus are willing to date a schlub like you.

Hopefully I've been of assistance!
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

The old "farmers" daughter who has been shielded from the world and doesnt realize how nice she looks, is a person from the past. With social media and the ease in sending pictures to people around the world....you can get 'attention" that you crave, and get a swelled head. I think with social media, there are ugly girls that have been told they are beautiful dozens of times from guys on the net. You ca go on an app, ad find someone who will fuck you within the hour. Over the last 15 years things have changed

the "9 fro Bakersfield" can still be a person who has learned she can get what she wants from total stranger men with just a smile. And from any part of the country...i would steer clear.

An available "9" 30 yearsold and above that is unattached....to me must have some baggage....its a red flag. Usually you would find out after marriage as you(the general "you") would rush to marry her before someone else snatches her up.

And then what happens to the perfect "9" innocent untouched by the big city moves in with you in the big city, and goes into the work force, and has co-workers, and realizes she is hot stuff. Is in high demand.You cant bubble wrap her.

Thats why I would rather find someone on my level regionally, socially, financially,....because I would not want someone marrying me for those reasons.....because those reasons wear off after a while..

If I married the girl from bakersfield....and a big reason she would marry me is because I seemed to be "big city"........thats nice for the beginning few months or years..but as she became "big city".......I would be less impressive to her. Its good for a short time.

Thats why personalities have to mesh. 2 hard headed people will have a tough go of it. But one person naturally assertive, and one person naturally passive by nature will have a better chance.....they know right from the beginning what type of person each is...and finds it a good fit without feeling they have to change.

Originally Posted by LarryS View Post
    The old "farmers" daughter who has been shielded from the world and doesnt realize how nice she looks, is a person from the past. With social media and the ease in sending pictures to people around the world....you can get 'attention" that you crave, and get a swelled head. I think with social media, there are ugly girls that have been told they are beautiful dozens of times from guys on the net. You ca go on an app, ad find someone who will fuck you within the hour. Over the last 15 years things have changed

the "9 fro Bakersfield" can still be a person who has learned she can get what she wants from total stranger men with just a smile. And from any part of the country...i would steer clear.

An available "9" 30 yearsold and above that is unattached....to me must have some baggage....its a red flag. Usually you would find out after marriage as you(the general "you") would rush to marry her before someone else snatches her up.

And then what happens to the perfect "9" innocent untouched by the big city moves in with you in the big city, and goes into the work force, and has co-workers, and realizes she is hot stuff. Is in high demand.You cant bubble wrap her.

Thats why I would rather find someone on my level regionally, socially, financially,....because I would not want someone marrying me for those reasons.....because those reasons wear off after a while..

If I married the girl from bakersfield....and a big reason she would marry me is because I seemed to be "big city"........thats nice for the beginning few months or years..but as she became "big city".......I would be less impressive to her. Its good for a short time.

Thats why personalities have to mesh. 2 hard headed people will have a tough go of it. But one person naturally assertive, and one person naturally passive by nature will have a better chance.....they know right from the beginning what type of person each is...and finds it a good fit without feeling they have to change.
    I wasn't necessarily talking about marriage here.

I was talking about dating.

Haven't dated much in the social media era (not since 09), so admittedly I'm behind regarding all that stuff.

I wonder that a girl is something to 'get', or a wife, to 'analyze'. And that the high divorce/single rates have to do with how we look/don't look.
    78255585899=317*13723*17989=(310+7)*[(13730-7)*(100*100+7979+10)]-->LOVE avatar@137_371_179_791, or 137_371_17[3^2]_7[3^2]1, 1=V-->Ace, low. 78255585899-->99858555287=(99858555288-1)=[-1+(72*2227)*(722777-100000)]={-1+(72*2227)*[(2000+700777+20000)-100000]}-->1_722_227_277_772_1. 7×8×2×5×5×5×8×5×8×9×9=362880000=(1000000000-6√97020000-100000)-->169_721. (7/8×2/5×5/5×8/5×8/9×9)={[(-.1+.9)]^2×(6+1)}-->1961=√4*2.24; (1/7×8/2×5/5×5/8×5/8×9/9)={1/[7×(-.2+1)^2]}-->1721=[(10*10/4)/(√4+110)].

Originally Posted by Bill Yung View Post
    I wonder that a girl is something to 'get', or a wife, to 'analyze'. And that the high divorce/single rates have to do with how we look/don't look.
    You have to get your foot in the door if you want to have any success.

IMO the reason for alot of divorces is that people are less willing to sacrifice. Thats they key word. They want it all. And therefor not willing to "settle" as if "settling" was some character flaw.

Immigrants in the 50;s(my era as a child" would sacrifice for their children sothat the childrens lives would be better going forward. They didnt go clubbing on the weekends, they didnt go on cruises while leaving me with my grandparents. They rarely went to movies or restaurants. They skrimped and saved to send us to college.
    They sacrificed for their children without complaint, and they sacrificed for each other. It was a way of life. They didnt even have to think about it or label it as sacrifice.

The next generations seemed to move away from that. Less and less sacrifice as the world offered more and more things that adults wanted. Keeping up with the Jones became a "thing". And the stress on the family to get those "things" increased. In the 50's//there wasnt alot of "things" to forgo.

In the hunt for all those "things" you can lose sight of the sacrifices you need to make to have relatioships work. They say most fights in the household is over money. Maybe thats always been the case but now there are so many mor e"things" that the money can be used for. Vacations, nice cars, man caves, designer clothes and shoes, sports and entertainment tickets,restaurants, just for yourself.....and then there are all the "things" you need to provide for the kids. So much more opportunity to fight over something....especially if you no longer have the "sacrifice" mindset that parents and grandparents had 60 years ago.

Kind of reminds me of the carlin comedy bit about "stuff"

A marital relationship needs a lot more than "good sex" for it to succeed.

Ultimately marriage is a partnership, a joint venture into life.

Not only must they enjoy each other's company, but their world view and work ethic had better be fairly complimentary / similar.

It certainly makes sense to date various people before settling down, as that way you have a taste of what's out there, so that you can judge accordingly.
    What, Me Worry?

Even for dating, the shy sheltered girl can still get a worldview that she in the past couldnt have gotten, from her room on the internet.....talking to people, exchanging pics..even with people continents away.
    Girls that know nothing about makeup, can find out online and be more glamorous. If they were unsure about sex..there is articles online, videos online.

when I was growing up I had to figure things out for myself. Life would have been so much easier with internet access. Playboy only took you so far.

Now you can talk to someone online for months, and get to know them inside out(if they are being honest)...you can even have cyber sex to get to know what they like intimately.....even with the farmers daughter.

people are more savvy armed with alot more knowledge. Even the farmers daughter in Fresno who never left her home at night.....can lock her door....and open up the world to herself...expose herself to may things. Can talk to may people online and learn about the best wines to have with meat or fish, or see and learn about the difference between monet and manet impressionistic paintings......not needing a well rounded city man to impress her.

Things have changed, for sure.

Used to be you'd meet a girl in a bar, click, take her home, bang her, then figure out if you wanted to see her again.

Now with computerized matching you are introduced online to someone presumably compatible, you email each other to get familiar, then meet in the real world.
    What, Me Worry?

its even easier than going t a bar and hanging out for a while.

now there are hookup apps....post your pic...get a response from someone who wants to hookup....and literally within the hour she can be at your door, or you can be at her door. no emails required. no chat. just the right picture of the right body part

Thread Information