Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Singer sightings...

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Rob always skirted math, which was a smart move on his part.
    Without the math to back him up it should not have been too tough for someone who actually knows gambling math to objectively disprove his claims, i.e. call bullshit, brand him a liar, and kick him into the corner.

What, he was never challenged by a Math Boy?
    V, arcimedes doesn't post here any more but he took Singer to task repititiously over the math for years. It started on FREEvpFREE in the early 2000's where arci posted as mroejacks. Then it went to the Las Vegas Adviser Sports Forum and Videopokerforum where arci posted as Shadowman. He did the best job of anyone of showing Singer is a fool.

Here's some of the Singer vs. Shadowman threads at Videopokerforum:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...KHcoQ7P2R7n2dZ
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

This was enough to bring me out of forum retirement. Some of you have taken some cheap shots at Rob knowing he can't respond.

I'm not going to defend everything about Rob's claims and I can't because I'm his biggest critic over his tax manipulations.

But I have to make this clear: Rob follows the math of video poker, and makes adjustments to conventional strategy in an attempt to get lucky.

Redietz: Rob would tell you the same thing Dancer or Grochowski would tell you about the chances of getting a royal or quads. Rob even spelled it all out in my videos with him on www.alanbestbuys.com with the math. But Rob will sometimes drop a full house to draw for quads hoping to get lucky. And sometimes he will drop trips hoping to get lucky and hit a royal.

Rob never claimed to beat a negative expectation gsme, but he did say that with some luck you can have some big winning hands that will let you walk out as a winner.

You can twist and turn his comments all you want to but that's the truth about the Rob Singer system. It's that simple.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    This was enough to bring me out of forum retirement. Some of you have taken some cheap shots at Rob knowing he can't respond.

I'm not going to defend everything about Rob's claims and I can't because I'm his biggest critic over his tax manipulations.

But I have to make this clear: Rob follows the math of video poker, and makes adjustments to conventional strategy in an attempt to get lucky.

Redietz: Rob would tell you the same thing Dancer or Grochowski would tell you about the chances of getting a royal or quads. Rob even spelled it all out in my videos with him on www.alanbestbuys.com with the math. But Rob will sometimes drop a full house to draw for quads hoping to get lucky. And sometimes he will drop trips hoping to get lucky and hit a royal.

Rob never claimed to beat a negative expectation gsme, but he did say that with some luck you can have some big winning hands that will let you walk out as a winner.

You can twist and turn his comments all you want to but that's the truth about the Rob Singer system. It's that simple.
    I'm going to make a brief comment, then step aside for more math proficient to comment.

Let's get tenses right here. Rob claims his system wins, as opposed to "has won," which would refer exclusively to his personal history and not the mathematical verifiability of the systems themselves.

"The system" or "systems," however, lose on negative expectation games. That is mathematically verifiable. Argentino, of course, would submit that some Rube Goldberg machinations that nobody knows but him are the magical difference. Since nobody knows his manipulations completely, any analysis of his procedures is incomplete and flawed. Unfortunately for Rob, unless he's rewritten probability, what he recommends is not a winner going forward no matter what he does.

The following assumes Rob tells primarily the truth about his personal history. That is certainly open to debate, but let's give him complete benefit of the doubt. What Argentino has managed to do is conflate what he has done (has won) with what will happen in the future (will win), and sell the latter as truth based on the former.

This was enough to bring me out of forum retirement. Some of you have taken some cheap shots at Rob knowing he can't respond. I'm not going to defend everything about Rob's claims and I can't because I'm his biggest critic over his tax manipulations.
    Alan, go over to Gambling Forums and look at the time stamps on Rob's posts then look at the time stamps in this thread. You will see that he started flaming us first. He's actually baiting us trying to get us to go back over there and post. But YOU know what the result of that will be. We will just get smeared all to hell and back by YOUR BOSOM BUDDY. He's going to continue to smear us anyway whether we show up there or not. So why don't you go over there and tell Rob to knock it off like you are trying to tell us to do.

And how do you know Rob manipulated his taxes? You never saw his returns. I suspect the reason why he wouldn't show you his returns is because they don't show a gambling win that he could write anything off against.

And wise up. Rob plays you for a fool.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 04-02-2018 at 05:41 PM.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    (mickey to Alan ->)And wise up. Rob plays you for a fool.
    Boy, I could say something here. But I will bite my tongue.

Mr. Argentino is over there with the roulette geniuses. I actually do feel badly for him. I got around to reading my accolades just now, but I didn't really understand his point. Can someone help me out? His writing reads like he's on a bender.

I guess I need to mention I had a killer year over there and finished third in The Wise Guys. Have to look up my password.

Thanks, Alan. The only thing I would add is that most decisions are based on win goals- whether mini goals or session ending goals.

Dear Readers,

I found my password for GF and replied politely to Rob. Please let me know if I was appropriately generous in my thanks to him.

And "Hey, Mr. Mendelson," I have some additions to "the package." Won eleven consecutive games and finished third in The Wise Guys contest last year, finished third again in Northbet's Pick the Pros (back to back thirds in a contest with thousands of people -- not shabby, eh?). Had Georgia at 45-1 to win the title in football. So if you want another package, just let me know.

And my girlfriend did better than me! That should be worth a package of its own!
    Last edited by redietz; 04-02-2018 at 08:59 PM.

But Rob will sometimes drop a full house to draw for quads hoping to get lucky. And sometimes he will drop trips hoping to get lucky and hit a royal.

how does one account for the loosey goosey "sometimes" when doing sims to verify anything.

that is so vague....how can anyone claim math as his friend, and then "sometimes" throw it away. Make up your mind.Embrace mathm throw math away.....but this off and on affair he has with math is silly.

That's classic paranormal quackery style, LarryS. He varies his holds based on variables only he can perceive, such as whether a machine is running hot or cold and so on. He'll drape this nonsense in some cloak of jargon and verbiage, but he'll never spell it out precisely. He's been claiming these systems for 25 years, and there's no all-quirks-included absolute formula for what he does when. That's the same style as employed by psychics and fortune tellers and systems sellers forever and ever.

If he doesn't spell it out, it can't be disproven, so he simply does not spell it out. Like psychics and potion purveyors, he avoids the kinds of statements that can be disproven. It's a key style strategy.

Science is based on experimenting to disprove. Argentino, like most paranormal claimants, wants to insert variables (and jargon) regarding human will, or luck, or hidden variables, like "hot and cold" machines. These variables make his systems faith-based and immune to disconfirmation.

I have asked him on many occasions two simple questions. First, how would you go about disproving your systems? Second, at what point in percentage return would your systems fail -- 98.0, 97.5, 94.2? He never has an answer to either. I'm sensitive to the second, in that if all sports betting went to 6-5, I would simply retire immediately. I could profit at that ratio, but my profits would be radically reduced, so why bother? And at 7-5, I could not profit. So I have immediate answers to these kinds of questions. Argentino does not.
    Last edited by redietz; 04-02-2018 at 09:43 PM.

LarryS I will answer your questions. Rarely does Rob not follow the correct math of video poker. His critics will not acknowledge this but it's the truth. Rob has told me, and you can read the articles and watch the videos, that he plays the correct math 95%+ of the time.

When does he divert from the math? When he needs a big win to make up for previous losses. That's all.

His best example of this is when he broke up trip queens to go for a royal and he got the royal. Rob called it a once in a lifetime event but his critics think he does it all the time.

Another example: breaking up a full house with three aces to go for quads. His critics think he does it all the time but in reality Rob never does it playing 8/5 Bonus poker, and he might do it playing 7/5 and he always does it playing 6/5 Bonus. But guess what? Dancer would also break up a full house with 3 aces when playing 6/5 Bonus.

And then there is the other great misunderstanding about Rob. Rob never advocates playing lower pay tables and ALWAYS says to play the BEST paytables available. Rob's critics won't acknowledge that either. So redietz's question about returns and paytables is moot. I doubt Rob has ever played 6/5 Bonus in his life and 8/5 Bonus is his main game.

The reality is there is a lot of misinformation and lies about how Rob really plays.

Aw yes, well Mr. Mendelson, how about commenting on Rob's posted claim over at GF that he "continually gets texts begging for money" from my "shysters."

Any idea about the origins of that misinformation?

Or how about the rambling references to my keeping my girlfriend away from Rob due to his "ten inches." Or the reference to the "sick connection" I have with arci, which must be the fact that we both lost our wives awhile back?

So is my keeping my girlfriend away from Rob due to his "ten inches" also misinformation in your mind?

Your whole act has worn thin, Mr. Mendelson. You're supporting someone who is blatantly and publicly lying about people. You should be ashamed.

Mr Dietz you and Rob Singer have your own battle of egos. Keep me out of it. Im here only to point out what Rob told me about his strategy and system and to remind everyone that they can see the videos for themselves. I'm not here to fight in your sandbox.

Wrong, Mr. Mendelson. You defend this guy, you stepped in my sandbox.

Welcome.

Your friendship with Mr. Argentino is going to prove to be a very public embarrassment for you and your family.

Wrong, Mr. Mendelson. You defend this guy, you stepped in my sandbox.

Welcome.

Your friendship with Mr. Argentino is going to prove to be a very public embarrassment for you and your family.
    There is nothing in my interviews with Rob Singer where you are mentioned.

Well, Argentino has evidently hit a brick wall trying to get my personal details, so he's decided I invented being married and so on. Undoubtedly trying to have me state my late wife's name or origin or something. Back in the day, he was at least entertaining.

Mendelson's the problem here. He's propping Argentino up. The only reasonable thing to do is put Argentino's more crass and vile comments next to Alan's commentaries defending him and see what certain people think of the Mendelson family and business supporting such a reckless, racist, homophobic clown. Everything I need is available. It won't even require creative editing.

Well, Argentino has evidently hit a brick wall trying to get my personal details, so he's decided I invented being married and so on. Undoubtedly trying to have me state my late wife's name or origin or something. Back in the day, he was at least entertaining.

Mendelson's the problem here. He's propping Argentino up. The only reasonable thing to do is put Argentino's more crass and vile comments next to Alan's commentaries defending him and see what certain people think of the Mendelson family and business supporting such a reckless, racist, homophobic clown. Everything I need is available. It won't even require creative editing.
    What is your problem redietz? Where have I ever mentioned your late wife or supported Rob's nasty comments about you or anyone else?

And just what embarrassment are you going to cause me and my family?

The reality is there is a lot of misinformation and lies about how Rob really plays.
    Yes, and they were all started by Singer.

Singer purports to beat negative expectation video poker games using a highly dangerous martingale system of increasing the bet as he loses. He says he recognizes and adjusts to hot and cold cycles. The problem with that is the streaks one see's are all in the past and have no bearing on the future. If you take a real deck of cards and play the game on the kitchen table you will also see streaks. It's the inherent nature of a deck of cards when they are being shuffled. But what you see is in the past. You cannot predict whether a streak will continue or not.

Alan, this has been going on for years. No one has misrepresented Singer's system except....Singer. He's quite the tap dancer. He has more routes than Greyhound Bus Lines. And his lugubrious penchant for attacking and smearing people that simply disagree with his theories has gotten him banned from all the major gambling forums.

Why don't you get Rob to put together a white paper on video poker and deliver it to scientists/mathematicans around the world. Let them vet it and see what their answers are. You won't get anywhere arguing with us about it.

What is your problem redietz? Where have I ever mentioned your late wife or supported Rob's nasty comments about you or anyone else?

And just what embarrassment are you going to cause me and my family?
    You appear to be supporting the rambling lies of a racist, homophobic, martingale quack. You seek to make him credible, as if your association with him isn't going to follow you, your former business, and your son.

It's a brave new world, Mr. Mendelson. Your business and your family are entwined with Mr. Argentino and everything he says and does. It's just a matter of publicizing that to the correct people.

Thread Information