Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: Interesting perspective on tipping from a casino dealer

  1. #21
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Money, you're probably correct. I'm just guessing that wherever my name is brought up without me first entering a thread, then it's OK to reply. With tipping, I've posted a lot in the past about why it is stupid to tip on handpays, at the cage, or any slot attendant and ESPECIALLY not a host. You're either there to make money or you're there to socialize. I make money, and I couldn't care less about feeling intimidated over this or that, how it might be when I see the slot attendant on my next handpay, at the bar down the street, when I face them at church on Sunday, or when they bring their teenager over my house to babysit. I don't tip period. I did not ask them to give me a handpay or a tax form. I do tip lucratively anyone whom I ask a favor or a service of. Hotel maids are not one of them.
    Then Alan and BH can get you into any thread just by mentioning your name.
    But it wasn't me who first mentioned Rob in other threads.
    It's all about quitting when ahead.

  2. #22
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Money, you're probably correct. I'm just guessing that wherever my name is brought up without me first entering a thread, then it's OK to reply. With tipping, I've posted a lot in the past about why it is stupid to tip on handpays, at the cage, or any slot attendant and ESPECIALLY not a host. You're either there to make money or you're there to socialize. I make money, and I couldn't care less about feeling intimidated over this or that, how it might be when I see the slot attendant on my next handpay, at the bar down the street, when I face them at church on Sunday, or when they bring their teenager over my house to babysit. I don't tip period. I did not ask them to give me a handpay or a tax form. I do tip lucratively anyone whom I ask a favor or a service of. Hotel maids are not one of them.
    Then Alan and BH can get you into any thread just by mentioning your name.
    But it wasn't me who first mentioned Rob in other threads.
    You didn't really expect that Rob would honor his word of staying out of other threads did you?
    Hate crime hoaxes? The left's demand for biggots greatly exceeds the supply.

  3. #23
    I think you have to say "beetlejuice" 3x before he is allowed to appear.

  4. #24
    Everyone has their hand out compared to years ago. You go to a sub sandwich place, and there is a jar for tips at the register,simply for someone making your sandwich correctly. Ot Starbucks there is a tip jar for the "barrista" doing you the favor of putting the ingredients together in the correct manner.....his/her sole job. Not going above and beyond the job description. You are already paying top dollar for the product.......a product that you EXPECT to be made well.

    Yet tips are used as a way for a business to attract workers who think the wages are low and otherwise might work elsewhere.

    I wonder if the guy who won 14k...instead lost 14k.....and he told the dealer he was broke and needed 20 dollars for a cab ride home and asked her for 20 dollars......if she would feel like a partner to his losses and hand over the money.

  5. #25
    Originally Posted by LarryS View Post
    Everyone has their hand out compared to years ago. You go to a sub sandwich place, and there is a jar for tips at the register,simply for someone making your sandwich correctly. Ot Starbucks there is a tip jar for the "barrista" doing you the favor of putting the ingredients together in the correct manner.....his/her sole job. Not going above and beyond the job description. You are already paying top dollar for the product.......a product that you EXPECT to be made well.

    Yet tips are used as a way for a business to attract workers who think the wages are low and otherwise might work elsewhere.

    I wonder if the guy who won 14k...instead lost 14k.....and he told the dealer he was broke and needed 20 dollars for a cab ride home and asked her for 20 dollars......if she would feel like a partner to his losses and hand over the money.
    Listen as I have said many times. You guys don't want or like to tip... don't tip. It all averages out anyway and after many years working jobs that I made tips off of I found out it didn't matter if I gave great service or lousy service. I always came out to the same average of tips every month.

    However if you aren't going to tip... don't tip anyone... I mean if you decide dealers or car wash guys shouldn't be tipped and you don't tip them... you shouldn't tip your server when eating out. I think if you decide you don't want to tip than you should stick to those guns and stiff everyone when faced with the tipping issue.

    The same goes for you if you decide to work a job that accepts tips. If you are so bent on not tipping than you should refuse being tipped. This is my main problem. I worked for years in my youth as a dealer, bartender, server, room service server, tournament director and floor person. I accepted tips at the smallest and largest levels. I never told anyone I wouldn't accept a tip and I made plenty of tips. So now I tip everyone within reason. The point is if your not going to tip ok don't but tell your sons and daughters and family members that they shouldn't tip either. If your the head of the household and you disagree with the tipping culture and you decide you don't tip you shouldn't allow your wife and family to tip. You should really take a stance and not be so wishy washy about it.

  6. #26
    That makes no sense. I tip anytime I ask for a service. I do not tip anyone who does something specifically for me that I didn't ask to be done but is a requirement if their job.

    All the rest of your ongoing windbag psychobabble about it--and you--is irrelevant.

  7. #27
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    That makes no sense. I tip anytime I ask for a service. I do not tip anyone who does something specifically for me that I didn't ask to be done but is a requirement if their job.

    All the rest of your ongoing windbag psychobabble about it--and you--is irrelevant.
    Your a tough cookie. I said this was my opinion and idea on the subject. There isn't a right or wrong question or answer.. the individual has to make their own decision. I do appreciate you finally taking a whack at me though... I've been waiting for you to insult me. I feel more like part of the club now so thanks! Although I'm not sure why you have to attack me personally... I'm like MC... I never graduated high school either so I don't think I'm educated enough to give anyone psycho babble?

    I agree that I am irrelevant. Thanks for the reminder.

  8. #28
    There's a pattern here. A bunch of anonymous WoVers chose to come here and take over much of the conversation with their AP baloney that no true AP would ever think of doing on a public forum, and they get uptight whenever anyone outside their sphere of influence questions them, challenges them, or disagrees with them. And some of them, with their loooong-winded rambling innervision-soaked posts, think they're God's gift to the psychology world. They want attention, crave relevance, and miss the wizard and that skankyone: BBB.

    I say Off With Their Heads!

  9. #29
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    There's a pattern here. A bunch of anonymous WoVers chose to come here and take over much of the conversation with their AP baloney that no true AP would ever think of doing on a public forum, and they get uptight whenever anyone outside their sphere of influence questions them, challenges them, or disagrees with them. And some of them, with their loooong-winded rambling innervision-soaked posts, think they're God's gift to the psychology world. They want attention, crave relevance, and miss the wizard and that skankyone: BBB. I say Off With Their Heads!
    Off with your head, bitch. You, Mendelson and Buttnosehole are the problem on this forum. You and buttnosehole spew hatred and Mendelson is your accessory, enabler. You guys are losers ruining the forum. Bitch, you are just here temporarily but you think you are running things. You don't run jackshit, donkey. Now go sit back down on Mendelson's nose.

    This is all so typical Argentino. Monet didn't say one word out of the way to him. But the problem is Monet is an AP and Argentino can't stand that. So he attacks Monet right out of the blue. Do you see that, Mendelson? This is your fucking friend attacking someone for no reason. Mendelson, it's you and the rest of the confederacy of dunces that are ruining the forum.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 04-12-2018 at 02:07 AM.
    Hate crime hoaxes? The left's demand for biggots greatly exceeds the supply.

  10. #30
    Mickeycrimm I never said anything like this before but you've forced me. Are you drunk?
    It's all about quitting when ahead.

  11. #31
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    There's a pattern here. A bunch of anonymous WoVers chose to come here and take over much of the conversation with their AP baloney that no true AP would ever think of doing on a public forum, and they get uptight whenever anyone outside their sphere of influence questions them, challenges them, or disagrees with them. And some of them, with their loooong-winded rambling innervision-soaked posts, think they're God's gift to the psychology world. They want attention, crave relevance, and miss the wizard and that skankyone: BBB. I say Off With Their Heads!
    This attack by Argentino is not only scurrilous, it's just plain stupid. But I've been telling people for years that Argentino really doesn't know anything about strategic gambling. All he knows is running a marty on negative expectation vp. He is not, in any sense, a gambling expert. Monet has been posting a lot of valuable information on real world advantage play. He's not only telling you how to do it, he's telling you where it's at.

    This is a gambling forum for Christ's sake. Yet, people like Mendelson are calling for the AP's to be removed from it. Which is kind of strange because he just started a thread on milking freeplay and he's looking to learn from AP's. I just don't get it. In one post he wants us to go. In another he's asking us to teach him something.
    Hate crime hoaxes? The left's demand for biggots greatly exceeds the supply.

  12. #32
    mickey, almost everything seems to go straight thru that gaping hole in your head where everyone else has a high school diploma in place.

    The reason this collection of "AP's" showed up is a result of Alan challenging/disagreeing with them on their claims about dice and other gambling-related issues. Then while here, they continue to make unsupportable claims and say things that are meant to impress one another, so Alan asks them to explain the how, when, and where and they clam up, call him names, and when they get frustrated they start blaming it all on his friendship with me. IE, they are following the redietz playbook to a tee. I wouldn't be surprised if red actually PM'd each of them trying to sell it to them either.

    You are a special case tho. While anyone who can think knows no true AP would ever come on a public forum to tease about how great they are or how fabulous an edge they go after, you can't help yourself because of all the relevance-seeking AP's that showed up, you have no life or world or even a reason to LIVE without being able to constantly blab about your really uninteresting two-bit plays. So you go on and on and on about your nonsense, thinking anyone gives a crap when all you're getting is lip-service views of empathy and you know it.

  13. #33
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    mickey, almost everything seems to go straight thru that gaping hole in your head where everyone else has a high school diploma in place.

    The reason this collection of "AP's" showed up is a result of Alan challenging/disagreeing with them on their claims about dice and other gambling-related issues. Then while here, they continue to make unsupportable claims and say things that are meant to impress one another, so Alan asks them to explain the how, when, and where and they clam up, call him names, and when they get frustrated they start blaming it all on his friendship with me. IE, they are following the redietz playbook to a tee. I wouldn't be surprised if red actually PM'd each of them trying to sell it to them either.

    You are a special case tho. While anyone who can think knows no true AP would ever come on a public forum to tease about how great they are or how fabulous an edge they go after, you can't help yourself because of all the relevance-seeking AP's that showed up, you have no life or world or even a reason to LIVE without being able to constantly blab about your really uninteresting two-bit plays. So you go on and on and on about your nonsense, thinking anyone gives a crap when all you're getting is lip-service views of empathy and you know it.
    This is not true in my case. I never said one derogatory word to Alan or you Rob. I don't even know you guys. I had some back and forth with Alan once about why it doesn't matter if you quit playing just because your up 8 grand and he just kept making funny comments to me not answering questions. I don't get too heated at anyone because I'm here to share and learn about gambling in Las Vegas. I've lived here with a house and family almost 20 years. I was here in 91 but didn't stay until about 96 or so, so that's 22 years solid.

    My big problem is with the AP crews on these forums who don't explain how the AP life really is and how they act all high and moral and preach ethics which isn't true or realistic. I have far too much experience in this town. If you read my posts and responses you will see I get some backlash but not very much because all the Gamblers know I'm telling exact truths and current real world conditions in Las Vegas.

    The non APs can't give me much strife because I don't attack them and I tell everyone how dirty the AP and Casino life really is and how much of a horrible person I am as well.

    I expect you to attack me in some way and that is fine with me. Bill Yung isn't very popular on this site but I have never gave him any grief... I actually enjoy his comments or point of view. I do skip over some members comments because they don't offer any information... they just give one lined sarcasm which is fine. If they would actually give decent rebuttals and not keep on with name calling I'd give them more consideration.

  14. #34
    Why do you say you're a horrible person?

    Yes you are a different animal than all the other "AP's" here, but has your forum personality been permanently wrecked by the corrupt "management" crew at WoV?

    From reading your posts, I think you would be someone with whom I could sit down and discuss our different methods and backgrounds, and have it actually mean something without all the animosity.

    These ap's here can't and don't give much helpful info because the majority of them are armchair gamblers, con men (redietz, for example), bs artists seeking relevance (kewlj) or phonies like mickeycrimm, who makes up his wishful thinking pretend ap life the only way he can--on whatever internet forum that will let him.

  15. #35
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Mickeycrimm I never said anything like this before but you've forced me. Are you drunk?
    Haven't had a drink in over a year.
    Hate crime hoaxes? The left's demand for biggots greatly exceeds the supply.

  16. #36
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Mickeycrimm I never said anything like this before but you've forced me. Are you drunk?
    Haven't had a drink in over a year.
    Now THERE'S a laugh!

    I haven't checked yet, but I'll soon know how many DUI's you've had in the past year. You've had them before as you know,.

  17. #37
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    That makes no sense. I tip anytime I ask for a service. I do not tip anyone who does something specifically for me that I didn't ask to be done but is a requirement if their job.

    All the rest of your ongoing windbag psychobabble about it--and you--is irrelevant.
    I agree. If I make an appointment with a plumber ahead of time and he shows up and does his job. I pay him with no tip. However if he came on zero notice and he went out of his way to fit me in....and he does his job...he gets a tip.

    The dude that makes my sub sandwich, or makes my coffee is only doing what they get paid to do. They are not bringing it to my car or cutting it up in little pieces and feeding it to me when my jaw is wired. Now THAT would require a tip.

    There is this sub chain..Jersey Miles. Where they make your sub, and you can walk to the cooler and take out a bottle of soda, or maybe select a cookie for sale from the counter. And the person rings up the sub, the cookie, the bottle of soda.....and on the credit card screen it asks if you want to add a 5-10-20 percent tip. And if you push any of the number selections...it calculates a tip on everything....even the bottle of soda and the cookie or chips you personally retrieved. The employess deserve a tip for the work that they are expected to do...plus the work that you did in bringing the items to the counter.

    Might as well tip the cashier at safeway while you are at it. The cashier at safeway does more work than the barista at Starbucks or the cahsier at a sub shop..or the guy that cuts you 2 slices of pizza at the local pizza parlor.

  18. #38
    Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Originally Posted by LarryS View Post
    Everyone has their hand out compared to years ago. You go to a sub sandwich place, and there is a jar for tips at the register,simply for someone making your sandwich correctly. Ot Starbucks there is a tip jar for the "barrista" doing you the favor of putting the ingredients together in the correct manner.....his/her sole job. Not going above and beyond the job description. You are already paying top dollar for the product.......a product that you EXPECT to be made well.

    Yet tips are used as a way for a business to attract workers who think the wages are low and otherwise might work elsewhere.

    I wonder if the guy who won 14k...instead lost 14k.....and he told the dealer he was broke and needed 20 dollars for a cab ride home and asked her for 20 dollars......if she would feel like a partner to his losses and hand over the money.
    Listen as I have said many times. You guys don't want or like to tip... don't tip. It all averages out anyway and after many years working jobs that I made tips off of I found out it didn't matter if I gave great service or lousy service. I always came out to the same average of tips every month.

    However if you aren't going to tip... don't tip anyone... I mean if you decide dealers or car wash guys shouldn't be tipped and you don't tip them... you shouldn't tip your server when eating out. I think if you decide you don't want to tip than you should stick to those guns and stiff everyone when faced with the tipping issue.

    The same goes for you if you decide to work a job that accepts tips. If you are so bent on not tipping than you should refuse being tipped. This is my main problem. I worked for years in my youth as a dealer, bartender, server, room service server, tournament director and floor person. I accepted tips at the smallest and largest levels. I never told anyone I wouldn't accept a tip and I made plenty of tips. So now I tip everyone within reason. The point is if your not going to tip ok don't but tell your sons and daughters and family members that they shouldn't tip either. If your the head of the household and you disagree with the tipping culture and you decide you don't tip you shouldn't allow your wife and family to tip. You should really take a stance and not be so wishy washy about it.
    no one is telling others not to tip.
    Giving money to others where it isnt required can be viewed as charity. So if you want to give charity to the dude that makes your coffee thats fine.....some people give charity to childrens hospital or the ASPCA.....AND some give it to the dude that slices the meat for your sub. To each his own......no one is telling anyone else who to give money to.

  19. #39
    Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    F
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Money, you're probably correct. I'm just guessing that wherever my name is brought up without me first entering a thread, then it's OK to reply. With tipping, I've posted a lot in the past about why it is stupid to tip on handpays, at the cage, or any slot attendant and ESPECIALLY not a host. You're either there to make money or you're there to socialize. I make money, and I couldn't care less about feeling intimidated over this or that, how it might be when I see the slot attendant on my next handpay, at the bar down the street, when I face them at church on Sunday, or when they bring their teenager over my house to babysit. I don't tip period. I did not ask them to give me a handpay or a tax form. I do tip lucratively anyone whom I ask a favor or a service of. Hotel maids are not one of them.
    Then Alan and BH can get you into any thread just by mentioning your name.
    Singer and no tip Bundy go hand in hand...The king of stiffs!!

    The casinos are the ones making all the money they should pay people enuff so they don't have to beg for tips

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Limits on dealer bets?
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-28-2016, 05:37 PM
  2. The Ultimate Dealer Tip Hustle
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-03-2013, 12:15 PM
  3. Interesting Bob Dancer response to QOD
    By Vegas Vic in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-07-2012, 09:09 PM
  4. Let's revisit tipping.
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-12-2012, 07:30 AM
  5. Dealer margins when gold prices are soaring.
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Money, Shopping, Real Estate, Investing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 05:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •