Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Record for Resort Fee Ration Add-On

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I had Tuesday and Wednesday comped at the Gold Coast, which was good with NAB, Coachella, and a downtown music festival in progress. Thursday wasn't comped, so I looked around.

Palms Place was listed at $41 on Hotels.com. Just across the street, so a very convenient move. But the $41 was sans fees, of course. So I followed up, and the total was "just" $160 for the night after adding fees and taxes. That is a new record for obfuscation.

Why would someone with the resources, wherewithal and hi-powered former executive friends such as you have, be concerned with what the mundane room pricing of a hotel room is?

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Why would someone with the resources, wherewithal and hi-powered former executive friends such as you have, be concerned with what the mundane room pricing of a hotel room is?
    And here I thought I was providing some interesting information for the readership of VCT...

If every piece of real world gambling information is met with non sequiturs regarding the personal spending habits of the poster, I can see why Mr. Argentino was limited to two threads. Personally, I don't see any invitation on this particular thread to Mr. Argentino.

I did see where Jean Scott had an interesting blog post regarding her almost getting run over in the parking lot at Dollar Tree.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    And here I thought I was providing some interesting information for the readership of VCT...

If every piece of real world gambling information is met with non sequiturs regarding the personal spending habits of the poster, I can see why Mr. Argentino was limited to two threads. Personally, I don't see any invitation on this particular thread to Mr. Argentino.

I did see where Jean Scott had an interesting blog post regarding her almost getting run over in the parking lot at Dollar Tree.
    Because, red, you're giving out faulty information once again. If you don't have one, all you need do is get a Stations card, call to reserve a room, and you'll find no such thing at Palms as $120 in "fees & taxes". Booking at a tourist trap like Booking.com is a very amateur move. Or at least discussing it on a gambling forum is.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post

Because, red, you're giving out faulty information once again. If you don't have one, all you need do is get a Stations card, call to reserve a room, and you'll find no such thing at Palms as $120 in "fees & taxes". Booking at a tourist trap like Booking.com is a very amateur move. Or at least discussing it on a gambling forum is.
    Well, I can't do much to assist with reading, but I was reporting on Palms Place on Hotels.com, which is what I clearly wrote above. Not the Palms on Booking.com, which is what you mention for some reason. Not sure where you got that, but as I said, I can't really help with reading. And this was for last Thursday evening. I have no idea what the prices were for the Palms on Booking.com.

Not sure how to evaluate my "amateur move," but I didn't book the room, if that helps. I avoid third party bookings unless it's part of some promotion or comp situation. Generally, I inquire directly. If the price directly quoted is beaten by a third party site, I then mention that.
    Last edited by redietz; 04-16-2018 at 03:18 PM.

An example that you are a liar. You claimed that when you were relegated to one or 2 threads by the owner, you proclaimed that you went on other threads because your name was mentioned.

That seems not to be true

Your name was not mentioned on this thread,

a possible valuable point was made by the original poster , and you are so unhappy in life that you needed to belittle an honest post, meant to be nothing but helpful.
    Your name or a reference to mental illness was not mentiond by redietz. So what made you appear?
    If you know the owner restricted your posting ability and you understood the parameters.....then how did you find a way to belittle a post on THIS thread.

Are you telling Dan to go fuck himself? Are you saying "I will do whatever I fucking want, and no one can tell me otherwise'????

Do you feel you have a sense of entitlement that allows you to ignore the wishes of the owner of this establishment?

I think the reason he restricted you to one or 2 threads is for this very reason....you are so un happy in life that you have a need to shit on anything you see in public to make you feel of value.

Let this thread be a testimonial to the type of person you are....and a warning sign to DAN as to how thread after thread is going to be shit on., derailed, and reduced to ashes for the enjoyment of a sad sad man.

Originally Posted by LarryS View Post
    An example that you are a liar. You claimed that when you were relegated to one or 2 threads by the owner, you proclaimed that you went on other threads because your name was mentioned.

That seems not to be true

Your name was not mentioned on this thread,

a possible valuable point was made by the original poster , and you are so unhappy in life that you needed to belittle an honest post, meant to be nothing but helpful.
    Your name or a reference to mental illness was not mentiond by redietz. So what made you appear?
    If you know the owner restricted your posting ability and you understood the parameters.....then how did you find a way to belittle a post on THIS thread.

Are you telling Dan to go fuck himself? Are you saying "I will do whatever I fucking want, and no one can tell me otherwise'????

Do you feel you have a sense of entitlement that allows you to ignore the wishes of the owner of this establishment?

I think the reason he restricted you to one or 2 threads is for this very reason....you are so un happy in life that you have a need to shit on anything you see in public to make you feel of value.

Let this thread be a testimonial to the type of person you are....and a warning sign to DAN as to how thread after thread is going to be shit on., derailed, and reduced to ashes for the enjoyment of a sad sad man.
    LOL...this may be post of the year so far

Originally Posted by Keystone View Post
    Nothing .... You have and therefore will always offer nothing.

Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
    Originally Posted by Keystone View Post
    Nothing .... You have and therefore will always offer nothing.
    Awwww don`t cry because your God faced a little heat....go yell at your granddaughter, you will feel better lol

This is what Dan needs to stop in its tracks. Argentino sabotaging threads.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

It's reached the point to where covering up the real price needs to end.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

In a thread by DAN that listed the new resort fees, where most of them increased....someone jokingly said that it wont be long before they start advertising rooms for 1 dollar. "before added fees"

the advertised cost of a room is now meaningless in vegas for people not getting comped. It probably will require a follow up call to the hotel desk to get a better idea

I ran into an interesting quirk on hotels.com. If you keep clicking, almost all of the hotel listings will eventually list the precise resort fee before you book the room. Westgate, however, chooses to keep its resort fee to itself. When you book, it evidently remains a mystery, at least as I read it. So I'm wondering if Westgate may employ a sliding scale once players actually get to check-in and Westgate gets to match you to your profile. I'm not sure a sliding scale or tiers for resort fees are legal, but I assume so. Or maybe Westgate likes to spring surprises on the hotels.com guests. Anyway, on hotels.com, Westgate lists a "resort fee," but doesn't specify how much it is.

These genius replies is why you're seen as a weirdo Red.

As you MUST know being the sports betting luminary that you claim to be in order to garner business on forums, Palms and Palms Place are both one in the same, as are MGM and The Mansion, The Venetian and The Palazzo, Wynn and Encore, etc.

These genius replies is why you're seen as a weirdo Red.

As you MUST know being the sports betting luminary that you claim to be in order to garner business on forums, Palms and Palms Place are both one in the same, as are MGM and The Mansion, The Venetian and The Palazzo, Wynn and Encore, etc.

Argentino, really, the sports book at the Palms is Cantor. As such, the Venetian, Palazzo, and Palms all have the same sports book. And Palms and Palms Place, as places to stay, have different pricing structures and are generally listed separately. Palms Place is primarily kitchenette type studios, probably because they were built as proposed condominiums, but the market bit the dust.

What that means, and pardon my wordiness, is that you are wrong. But thanks for inserting a bunch of incorrect information in this thread. It may allow people to appreciate correct information.
    Last edited by redietz; 04-16-2018 at 04:29 PM.

You're either on the silly juice or smoking the funny weed.

It only makes sense to go with the flow. Dan appears now not to have a problem with where I post, and I'm sure if he did he would delete, ban, or slap a fine on me. And while you seem to be begging to be named the BBB of this forum, I don't think I've seen that honor bestowed upon you as yet.

Wise up.

LarryS. does not seem to have the affinity for "whacky tobaccy" that some, such as myself, have.

He seems quite sober, focused and relentless.

Have fun.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    LarryS. does not seem to have the affinity for "whacky tobaccy" that some, such as myself, have.

He seems quite sober, focused and relentless.

Have fun.
    My take is he's a habitual toe-picker.

So you do admit you are a habitual liar, as you Did give the excuse that although you were relegated to the one thread by the owner....you went to other threads because your name came up. You saw that as the loophole you needed.

Yet no one gave you an opening to post here
    No one mentioned your name
    No one mentioned the mental effects of tertiary syphilis
    no one mentioned long term erectile dysfunction
    no one mentioned anything about ill mannered , poorly raised hotheads
    no one mentioned overly self important self righteous imbeciles who take themselves too seriously
    no one mentioned traits ike ugly, unkempt, smelly,with respect to an aging man
    no one used the word failure, disproven dolt, sick cocksucker
    no one used the word Charlatan ,

so then what gave you the opening to come to this thread given the parameters that the owner gave you. All the original poster did was to comment on how pricing could be presented for a room. It was a good "heads up"

Yet he didnt mention the words fake phony and fraud.,,,which also could have prompted you to arrive,

But alas none of the words that could have brought you to this thread were ever used. So you cant produce the excuse and lie that you came here because you were mentioned. Not even a slight reference

no one even used the word phrase VP jackass. which would have perked your ears up. Or even posted the song from the 80's/Turning Japanese.......which details your waking hours.

NOTHING
    I reread everything multiple times.
    And no trace of any reference to you.

Thread Information