Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pressing Bets

Different players press bets differently. How do you press? I'm going to use craps as the game.

For example: you have $12 on the 6. Do you increase the bet by $6 or do you increase it by $12 ?

Another example: you have $30 on the 6. Do you increase by $6 or $12 or $18, or do you press to $60 ?

Do $130/135 across. Power press as follows:

6/8: $30 to $66 to $150. Then collect. Then press by ~50% per hit after ($210 to $300 to $450 to $750...).

5/9: $25 to $60 to $150. Then collect. Then press by ~50 per hit after ($200 to $300 to $500 to $750...).

4/10: $25 to $80 to $250. Then collect. Then press by 100% per hit after ($250 to $500 to $1k to $2k...).

RS__ you don't collect until after the third hit? Don't you run the risk of leaving all your money on the table when the 7 comes?

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    RS__ you don't collect until after the third hit? Don't you run the risk of leaving all your money on the table when the 7 comes?
    I mean, I rarely play craps to begin with. But if/when I do (usually b/c friends or family in town and wanna play or whatever), that’s how I play, although I usually do $52/$54 across. It just has cleaner numbers and easier to remember off the top of my head with $25 units.

Of course there’s risk, much more than playing the more “normal” way. But that’s also not particularly fun, IMO. I’d need like a 45 minute roll to make some decent money if I do a “collect, collect, press 1 unit, collect, press 1 unit, collect, press 1 unit...” style. With power pressing, you can turn a $25 four into a couple thousand if it gets hit several times in a short roll, for example.

This isn’t advantage play, by any means. Just a much more interesting and fun way to play, IMO, while playing the more traditional way tends to grind you down over a long period of time.

I think the traditional way (RS___ mentioned this term) keeps you at the table longer so you can catch the monster roll.

In the past two or three years I've been at a table with a 45+ minute shooter maybe only three times.

Is this a Martingale system?

I'm an 8 and 10 guy.
    On the 8, $150 start. If it hits, same bet or go to $210 unless it hit hard--then go to 300. Then same bet unless hard again in which case $510 or $360 (depending if I was at $210 or $300). Basically double every other unless a hard way lets me press sooner so as to skip a same bet. Sometimes a little more or less on the press to make the math easier.

On the 10--$200 start. Then go to $250 unless hard--then go to $500. Then basically small bump unless hard, then double on next and so on.

Like RS, and I'm surprised to hear that RS plays that way, I'm not looking for the long grind. I want to make a big hit and run. After the big hit, I will tone it down some if I want to get some entertainment time in.

If I am the shooter, I am more aggressive than the above but in a similar pattern. I may go double and then same bet rather than same and then double.

Sling--I don't consider what RS does to be a Martingale. He is not doubling his bet on a loss. He is doubling on a win. He hasn't increased his exposure, although I do recall him saying somewhere else that when you win a bet it is now your money, not house money, so maybe he is increasing his exposure. That being said, I am all for the way he has described playing.

Originally Posted by regnis View Post
    I'm an 8 and 10 guy.
    On the 8, $150 start. If it hits, same bet or go to $210 unless it hit hard--then go to 300. Then same bet unless hard again in which case $510 or $360 (depending if I was at $210 or $300). Basically double every other unless a hard way lets me press sooner so as to skip a same bet. Sometimes a little more or less on the press to make the math easier.

On the 10--$200 start. Then go to $250 unless hard--then go to $500. Then basically small bump unless hard, then double on next and so on.

Like RS, and I'm surprised to hear that RS plays that way, I'm not looking for the long grind. I want to make a big hit and run. After the big hit, I will tone it down some if I want to get some entertainment time in.

If I am the shooter, I am more aggressive than the above but in a similar pattern. I may go double and then same bet rather than same and then double.

Sling--I don't consider what RS does to be a Martingale. He is not doubling his bet on a loss. He is doubling on a win. He hasn't increased his exposure, although I do recall him saying somewhere else that when you win a bet it is now your money, not house money, so maybe he is increasing his exposure. That being said, I am all for the way he has described playing.
    OK. Neither do I consider Rob's strategy a Martingale strategy. It is within certain parameters-usually 4-5 levels- looking for the quick hit to end the game. It also has a certain number of credits ONLY to be played and with the game chosen (2 for 1) credits for two oair, there are increased opportunities to return to the lowest level. And then there's the off overlooked win goal which oft times removes the player from the game. Same principle- hit and run.

Sling I'm guessing you never played craps?

Pressing a bet means increasing your bet AFTER it has already won. For example, you bet $10 that the dice will roll and land on a 5. When the dice lands on 5 your $10 bet is paid $14.

You then have a bunch of choices, for example:

1. Take the $14 pay and keep it
    2. Use part or all of the $14 to increase your original $10 bet on the table
    3. Keep the $14 and remove your original $10 bet and keep it all

This has NOTHING to do with video poker.

I don't consider Rob's system to be a Martingale either. For one thing, in a typical Martingale, your win is really only going to be the amount of your initial wager. In Rob's system, the win can be much greater. The mere fact that he may be increasing his wagers, to me, does not make it a Martingale, although it may appear to be a derivative of some sort.

Of course Rob doesn't Martingale, but the term Martingale has such negative connotations that his critics gladly use it.

I don't consider Rob's system to be a Martingale either. For one thing, in a typical Martingale, your win is really only going to be the amount of your initial wager. In Rob's system, the win can be much greater. The mere fact that he may be increasing his wagers, to me, does not make it a Martingale, although it may appear to be a derivative of some sort.
    You've actually proved that he is using a Martingale. One that is disguised by being able to wager less because the win, if and when it happens, is more than the initial unit.

Of course Rob doesn't Martingale, but the term Martingale has such negative connotations that his critics gladly use it.
    His critics didn't just pop into the universe from nowhere to wrongly "criticize" him. He's just some loser in life with another gambling system. They are his critics because his system is a waste of time and money. It's not even fun to make fun of it, anymore.
    78255585899=317*13723*17989=(310+7)*[(13730-7)*(100*100+7979+10)]-->LOVE avatar@137_371_179_791, or 137_371_17[3^2]_7[3^2]1, 1=V-->Ace, low. 78255585899-->99858555287=(99858555288-1)=[-1+(72*2227)*(722777-100000)]={-1+(72*2227)*[(2000+700777+20000)-100000]}-->1_722_227_277_772_1. 7×8×2×5×5×5×8×5×8×9×9=362880000=(1000000000-6√97020000-100000)-->169_721. (7/8×2/5×5/5×8/5×8/9×9)={[(-.1+.9)]^2×(6+1)}-->1961=√4*2.24; (1/7×8/2×5/5×5/8×5/8×9/9)={1/[7×(-.2+1)^2]}-->1721=[(10*10/4)/(√4+110)].

Let's see if I can bring this back to the original subject.
    Unlike Regnis and RS__ I press in "baby steps."

Let's say my original $12 bet on 6 hits.

I will press $6 to $18. I will pocket $8.
    If the 6 hits again, I will press another $6 and I will pocket $15.

And I keep pressing only by $6. Why? I want more money to go into my pocket than to go back to the table where it will be lost as soon as a 7 rolls.

Interesting- never thought about that- it being the amount of the initial wager in Martingale. What I like about artt is that if you lose the initial 200 credits, (100 in bp, 100 in an abp game) you can finish the next 200 credits abp on another machine. I have even gone so far that if the 3rd 100 credits abp are cold, to finish the last 100 on another machine. After picking this up from corresponding with him, my winnings increased. To be honest, I thought it was crazy at first until I did it. Makes a session go further.

Sling I'm guessing you never played craps?

Pressing a bet means increasing your bet AFTER it has already won. For example, you bet $10 that the dice will roll and land on a 5. When the dice lands on 5 your $10 bet is paid $14.

You then have a bunch of choices, for example:

1. Take the $14 pay and keep it
    2. Use part or all of the $14 to increase your original $10 bet on the table
    3. Keep the $14 and remove your original $10 bet and keep it all

This has NOTHING to do with video poker.
    I would be totally lost AND bored at craps. And really, down here the drinkers and smokers accumulate at those tables and I move away from all the commotion.

Sling I think you're also lost to Rob Singer. You were the first to bring him up in this thread. You opened the can of worms. I don't appreciate it. Start your own threads.

I think the traditional way (RS___ mentioned this term) keeps you at the table longer so you can catch the monster roll.

In the past two or three years I've been at a table with a 45+ minute shooter maybe only three times.
    Even on a 45 minute roll, you’re not going to be winning that much. Hanging out at a table for hours and hours, waiting for that long roll, is just really boring to me. For someone like Alan who enjoys playing for longer periods of time, then the power pressing way probably isn’t for you, since you’re pretty much constantly throwing money at the table until you get a decent roll. If it’s constant PSOs, or worse — everyone’s hitting each number 2 times, then you’re really bleeding.

Regnis, something else you can do, or if you only like the 6/8, is to bet $90 on each, if one hits drop $15 and press both to $150, then when it hits again drop $5 and press both to $240. Interestingly, it costs $200. You can do the same thing with $40, bet $18 on each, drop $3 then $1, although those amounts are kinda wonky.

Years ago there was a group of Hawaiians that played like that downtown. They would either kill em or bust out. No in between. I played with them quite often and it was a fun ride other than you couldn't even see through the smoke.

I never bet both 6 and 8 for no reason other than I am a contrarian. I usually bet 8, and I always bet 10, so that means I rarely have 6 unless it's the point or we are at a time where I have expanded to all the numbers. My next number is 9 and then 4. So 5 and 6 are the last numbers I bet. No reason--that is just what I do.

Years ago there was a group of Hawaiians that played like that downtown.
    Let me guess: at the Cal?

Weird that the Cal only offers double odds and its sister / adjoining property, MSS, offers 20X odds.

Those Hawaiians seem to play an aggressive game.
    What, Me Worry?

As the book reviewer said Rob's system is the spiritual cousin of the martingale.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Thread Information