Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pressing Bets

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Sling I'm guessing you never played craps?

Pressing a bet means increasing your bet AFTER it has already won.
    I can understand why sling may be confused.

My understanding is that pressing a bet means increasing the bet.

You can press after you win or after you lose, pressing is not restricted to increasing after a win...is it?

For instance, when betting at golf, you can only press when you are losing...in effect going double-or-nothing.

Sling I'm guessing you never played craps? Pressing a bet means increasing your bet AFTER it has already won.
    That's called a reverse or anti-martingale:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...DlFbb52ecr_xav
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post

You can press after you win or after you lose, pressing is not restricted to increasing after a win...is it?

For instance, when betting at golf, you can only press when you are losing...in effect going double-or-nothing.
    Yeah- we did that at the golf course. Wasn't too bad to lose as the winners bought refreshments.

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post

Coach-in theory that is true. But in craps, when your number hits and the dealer is preparing to pay you you say press it so that he can properly choose the right chips to execute the payment and or press. If you haven't hit a number, you can still throw in $6 and say press the 8. But generally and for purposes of Alan's question, we are talking about a winning bet.

Best game RS__ ? Since when is the best game determined by denomination? Red Rock, for example, has 8/5 Bonus Poker at 25-cents thru $25 per coin.

Yesterday I had a win goal of $100 at 25-cent 8/5 Bonus Poker. I lost $100. I put my next $100 bill in at the $1 level and hit a full house and a flush and then quad 3s for $200.

Did I Martingale?
    I havent been arguing about what is or isn’t martingale. But pressing your bets isn’t martingale.

The “best” game isn’t just the return or denomination. There are other factors, like variance for instance. I’d rather play 10c 100-Play 9/6 JOB than $25 NSUD (single line), even though the NSUD has a higher return. And of course, the theoretical only the machine.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    For those of you who think Rob's system is a Martingale, does that include the part of his system when bets are REDUCED?
    Alan, you really need to wake up to Rob's "claims." This is a guy who admittedly lost $250,000 from 1990 to 1996 playing the game. He filed for bankruptcy in 1996 stiffing his creditors. Then he supposedly comes up with a $170,000 bankroll to continue to play the game. One of his latest statements is that he made 1.4 million from 1999 to present playing video poker. If you believe him and do the math then he would have made 1.1 million from 1990 to present. If you believe him then that's about $40,000 average per year over 28 years. And he also claims to have spent the money and didn't pay any taxes. And now the guy claims to have payed cash in the last several years for 3 homes, worth about a quarter million each, plus payed cash for 2 mobile homes.

Alan, you are an investigative journalist. Can't you find any holes in this story?
    There you go again mickey, acting like a dumb msnbc "journalist" and making up your own facts about someone who just bugs the hell out of you with their success compared to your total life failure.

Here's what you failed to mention: I was an AP from '90-'96. I admit I failed overall, which to date has never been done publicly by any AP anywhere. Online, they are all "winners and smarter than anyone who gambled".

My 1996 bankruptcy simply eliminated one six figure debt, which was the only reason for filing. All those other creditors were re-affirmed. Our 7-figure 401k's were untouched. And here's where you really get lost: investments GROW over the years, and retirees use those investments to live on in retirement. Quite a different story than what street your fate led you down....right loser?

I "suddenly" came up with $170,000 in 2000? For a bum like you I can see where this would be quite the feat. I was making over $250k/yr. dummy. Discussing financial issues with someone like you is like me going into McDonald's, sitting down at your table and striking up a conversation on the stock market. Your fat ass would be planted there while your pile in the only type food you know--greasy & unhealthy--as everything else remains a mystery to you.

I see you're still pretending to know about my strategy by making more up about it on the go again. Most of it is centered around changing games--not going up or down in denomination--within the SAME denomination. There are times when losing after playing thru 400 credits in one denom. that I go up, and there are times I go down when winning. But what your simpleton mind is overtaxed by is the intricacies of what occurs in-between all that. There is no such thing as a Martingale that is guided by a game's volatility level.

I attribute that, once again, to your inability to follow anything beyond big bold letters due to a lack of education.

As usual nothing but smoke and mirrors from Robert Hairy Argentino. So playing video poker fulltime and working fulltime too? Face it Rob without your cow, er, wife you are a broke ass loser.

As an AP, dammit, I can't quit laughing.

1. What games did you play and what were the edges?

2. At what denoms?

3. Did you work cashback and promotions?

4. If you worked promotions describe them.

5. There were big edges to be found back then. What was the biggest edge you played with?

These questions should be easy for such an expert like you HEHEHEHE!!!!
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    For those of you who think Rob's system is a Martingale, does that include the part of his system when bets are REDUCED?
    Alan, you really need to wake up to Rob's "claims." This is a guy who admittedly lost $250,000 from 1990 to 1996 playing the game. He filed for bankruptcy in 1996 stiffing his creditors. Then he supposedly comes up with a $170,000 bankroll to continue to play the game. One of his latest statements is that he made 1.4 million from 1999 to present playing video poker. If you believe him and do the math then he would have made 1.1 million from 1990 to present. If you believe him then that's about $40,000 average per year over 28 years. And he also claims to have spent the money and didn't pay any taxes. And now the guy claims to have payed cash in the last several years for 3 homes, worth about a quarter million each, plus payed cash for 2 mobile homes.

Alan, you are an investigative journalist. Can't you find any holes in this story?
    There you go again mickey, acting like a dumb msnbc "journalist" and making up your own facts about someone who just bugs the hell out of you with their success compared to your total life failure.

Here's what you failed to mention: I was an AP from '90-'96. I admit I failed overall, which to date has never been done publicly by any AP anywhere. Online, they are all "winners and smarter than anyone who gambled".

My 1996 bankruptcy simply eliminated one six figure debt, which was the only reason for filing. All those other creditors were re-affirmed. Our 7-figure 401k's were untouched. And here's where you really get lost: investments GROW over the years, and retirees use those investments to live on in retirement. Quite a different story than what street your fate led you down....right loser?

I "suddenly" came up with $170,000 in 2000? For a bum like you I can see where this would be quite the feat. I was making over $250k/yr. dummy. Discussing financial issues with someone like you is like me going into McDonald's, sitting down at your table and striking up a conversation on the stock market. Your fat ass would be planted there while your pile in the only type food you know--greasy & unhealthy--as everything else remains a mystery to you.

I see you're still pretending to know about my strategy by making more up about it on the go again. Most of it is centered around changing games--not going up or down in denomination--within the SAME denomination. There are times when losing after playing thru 400 credits in one denom. that I go up, and there are times I go down when winning. But what your simpleton mind is overtaxed by is the intricacies of what occurs in-between all that. There is no such thing as a Martingale that is guided by a game's volatility level.

I attribute that, once again, to your inability to follow anything beyond big bold letters due to a lack of education.
    Name:  phony_gambling_systems.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  10.1 KB
    78255585899=317*13723*17989=(310+7)*[(13730-7)*(100*100+7979+10)]-->LOVE avatar@137_371_179_791, or 137_371_17[3^2]_7[3^2]1, 1=V-->Ace, low. 78255585899-->99858555287=(99858555288-1)=[-1+(72*2227)*(722777-100000)]={-1+(72*2227)*[(2000+700777+20000)-100000]}-->1_722_227_277_772_1. 7×8×2×5×5×5×8×5×8×9×9=362880000=(1000000000-6√97020000-100000)-->169_721. (7/8×2/5×5/5×8/5×8/9×9)={[(-.1+.9)]^2×(6+1)}-->1961=√4*2.24; (1/7×8/2×5/5×5/8×5/8×9/9)={1/[7×(-.2+1)^2]}-->1721=[(10*10/4)/(√4+110)].

As usual nothing but smoke and mirrors from Robert Hairy Argentino. So playing video poker fulltime and working fulltime too? Face it Rob without your cow, er, wife you are a broke ass loser.

2. At what denoms?

5. There were big edges to be found back then. What was the biggest edge you played with?

Now I think I know the reason that MC and Singer are lifelong girlfriends. Only Singer could make MC look good.
    78255585899=317*13723*17989=(310+7)*[(13730-7)*(100*100+7979+10)]-->LOVE avatar@137_371_179_791, or 137_371_17[3^2]_7[3^2]1, 1=V-->Ace, low. 78255585899-->99858555287=(99858555288-1)=[-1+(72*2227)*(722777-100000)]={-1+(72*2227)*[(2000+700777+20000)-100000]}-->1_722_227_277_772_1. 7×8×2×5×5×5×8×5×8×9×9=362880000=(1000000000-6√97020000-100000)-->169_721. (7/8×2/5×5/5×8/5×8/9×9)={[(-.1+.9)]^2×(6+1)}-->1961=√4*2.24; (1/7×8/2×5/5×5/8×5/8×9/9)={1/[7×(-.2+1)^2]}-->1721=[(10*10/4)/(√4+110)].

A final thought before tanking up again (no, not like mickey does....)

When I think if mickey and his ways of handling being one of life's leftovers, the first picture that IMMEDIATELY comes to mind is him being the character Ian Andersen wrote and sings about in the song Aqualung. Most of you old farts know what I'm talking about. Anyone who doesn't--listen to it, and try not to laugh too loudly until you end up with the same disgusting picture in your mind that I have!

2. At what denoms?

You muffed up again mickey. I didn't play vp full time until I retired in late 1999.

The rest of the stuff can be summed up by the words "only two-bit idiots who didn't have enuf cash to buy a used car got roped into playing g flush attack at the Ramada".

Hmmmmm. I recognize about 4-5 VP Truth articles condensed here.

Originally Posted by slingshot View Post

Hmmmmm. I recognize about 4-5 VP Truth articles condensed here.
    Too bad it's really VP Fiction!

Too bad you guys have to live this stuff.

2. At what denoms?

You muffed up again mickey. I didn't play vp full time until I retired in late 1999.

The rest of the stuff can be summed up by the words "only two-bit idiots who didn't have enuf cash to buy a used car got roped into playing g flush attack at the Ramada".
    So you dont want to talk about what you were playing as an "AP?" Why not?

2. At what denoms?

Rob, from 1990 to 1996 when you were an "AP' what were you playing? You've had plenty of time to think up some lies to these questions so cough up an answer.

mickey you didn't get a reply yet because normal people have other interests in life than just the forums and gambling talk like you do 100% of the time--which is a continuing testament to what a nothing life you've always had.

What I played back then isn't something a bum from the streets like you would have ever run across. Promotions, tournaments, drawings etc. we're never part of the equation, simply because I was overseas much of the time earning big money to you and building on the retirement savings, pension, ss, and other benefits a slug like you would never comprehend. My schedule only allowed me to play when I was home, so I picked the best games over 100%, I combined them with the most lucrative mailers such as cash, multiplied points, and back then you could work deals with your hosts for unpublished bonuses and other benefits for playing X amount or X amount of hours. Stuff someone like you would never be able to get involved in. Most of the time my edges were at least 104%.

mickey you didn't get a reply yet because normal people have other interests in life than just the forums and gambling talk like you do 100% of the time--which is a continuing testament to what a nothing life you've always had.

What I played back then isn't something a bum from the streets like you would have ever run across. Promotions, tournaments, drawings etc. we're never part of the equation, simply because I was overseas much of the time earning big money to you and building on the retirement savings, pension, ss, and other benefits a slug like you would never comprehend. My schedule only allowed me to play when I was home, so I picked the best games over 100%, I combined them with the most lucrative mailers such as cash, multiplied points, and back then you could work deals with your hosts for unpublished bonuses and other benefits for playing X amount or X amount of hours. Stuff someone like you would never be able to get involved in. Most of the time my edges were at least 104%.
    If 104% then you should have made $250,000 not lost $250,000. First of all you didn't name one of them games over 100%. Why not? To chickenshit? You are lying out your ass. No AP properly bankrolled loses with 4% edge. You're a quack. You don't even need a royal to make money with 4%. You still have 2% the best of it. So name on of those over 100% games you played.

Here's my typical craps press schedule.

4 10,25,100pp,250,500,1000,2500,5000
    5 10,25,50,100,200,500pp,1000,2500,5K
    6 12,24,30,60,90,120,180,300,420,600,900...
    8 12,24,30,60,90,120,180,300,420,600,900...
    9 10,25,50,100,200,500pp,1000,2500,5K
    10 10,25,100pp,250,500,1000,2500,5000

Power Presses:
    *5 & 9 at $200 drop $20 to go to $500
    *4 & 10 at $25 drop $25 to go to $100

You’d also have to PP $1k to $2.5k on 5/9 — drop $100.

On 4/10 youd have to drop $26 to PP from $25 to $100. I’d prefer going $25 to $80 and drop $6. Then $80 to $250 by dropping $14.

Thread Information