Thread: Vulturing Bonus Streak UX

Since you can't shortcoin Bonus Streak and get the multiplier, it's not an automatic "see multiplier = GO!" like vanilla.

My strategy is this:

Add up all the X's for the next hand and subtract 1. Then subtract this number from the number of hands played. This is that hand's power number.

A positive power number means go, a zero is breakeven, a negative is a no go.

In the case of streaks, you figure out each power number separately and then total them. For example, a hand with a power number of -2 would be worth playing if the hand following it would be +3. Obviously if negative power numbers come later than positive ones, you don't factor those in because you'll stop playing before you hit those hands.

For example: A Triple Play with only one of the hands showing a 2x 4x 8x

power numbers are -2, 0, +4

this is worth playing.

same thing on a Five Play:

power numbers are -4, -2, +2

not worth playing.

2 "2x 4x" s on a triple play:

power numbers 0, +4

worth playing

on a five play:

power numbers -2, +2
    breakeven - only play if trying to generate coin in for a promotion

1 "8x" and 1 "2x 4x" on a Ten Play

power numbers -1, -7
    not even worth playing the first one

on a five play

power numbers +4, -2 - only play the first one (unless you generate new multipliers, then obviously reevaluate)

This is Barney,

Believe me, you have very interesting way to calculate the bonus streaker. It much simpler than standard Rule of 2 system and slightly more liberal which means at times you not playing with advantage. But I like it since it's more easy and not require use of supper computer. Overall i find
    the streaker dangerous but with many cherries left on it. When you get on a roll while doing the vulture thing you can make much monies compared to the regular X game.

Thank you very much
    Last edited by Barney; 05-14-2018 at 03:28 PM.

I like your system, pepe. I'll use it. Thanx.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by pepe View Post
    Since you can't shortcoin Bonus Streak and get the multiplier, it's not an automatic "see multiplier = GO!" like vanilla.

My strategy is this:

Add up all the X's for the next hand and subtract 1. Then subtract this number from the number of hands played. This is that hand's power number.

In the case of streaks, you figure out each power number separately and then total them. For example, a hand with a power number of -2 would be worth playing if the hand following it would be +3. Obviously if negative power numbers come later than positive ones, you don't factor those in because you'll stop playing before you hit those hands.

For example: A Triple Play with only one of the hands showing a 2x 4x 8x

power numbers are -2, 0, +4

this is worth playing.

same thing on a Five Play:

power numbers are -4, -2, +2

not worth playing.

2 "2x 4x" s on a triple play:

power numbers 0, +4

worth playing

on a five play:

power numbers -2, +2
    breakeven - only play if trying to generate coin in for a promotion

1 "8x" and 1 "2x 4x" on a Ten Play

power numbers -1, -7
    not even worth playing the first one

on a five play

power numbers +4, -2 - only play the first one (unless you generate new multipliers, then obviously reevaluate)
    And the UX Spin Poker power # calculation is identical except that the hands played parameter is always 9, rather than 3,5, or 10 (5 star poker machines have one-line UX but I haven't seen one-line BSUX or SPUX).

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    And the UX Spin Poker power # calculation is identical except that the hands played parameter is always 9, rather than 3,5, or 10 (5 star poker machines have one-line UX but I haven't seen one-line BSUX or SPUX).
    Did you find this "hands played parameter" somewhere?

Or, did you determine the parameter independently from pepe ?

Or, did you use the strategy that pepe posted above to determine it ?

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    Did you find this "hands played parameter" somewhere?

Or, did you determine the parameter independently from pepe ?

Or, did you use the strategy that pepe posted above to determine it ?

My strategy is this:

In Pepe's method the sum of the multipliers minus one is subtracted from the hands played (see bold highlighted phrase above). So I am referencing the "hands played" parameter within the context of Pepe's strategy. Mathematically speaking, UX Spin Poker is a special case of bonus streak UX where the multiplier streak is one and the number of hands played is nine (you must play nine lines at 10 coins per line to invoke the multiplier(s)) versus UX Bonus Streak where you can play 3 lines, 5 lines or 10 lines and you could have up to 5 multipliers into the future per hand of the 3 line, 5 line or 10 line play.

My strategy is this:

In Pepe's method the sum of the multipliers minus one is subtracted from the hands played (see bold highlighted phrase above). So I am referencing the "hands played" parameter within the context of Pepe's strategy. Mathematically speaking, UX Spin Poker is a special case of bonus streak UX where the multiplier streak is one and the number of hands played is nine (you must play nine lines at 10 coins per line to invoke the multiplier(s)) versus UX Bonus Streak where you can play 3 lines, 5 lines or 10 lines and you could have up to 5 multipliers into the future per hand of the 3 line, 5 line or 10 line play.
    It's just easier to say that you MUST max bet all lines.

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post

My strategy is this:

It's just easier to say that you MUST max bet all lines.
    Yes I agree. I use the more conservative method of not playing unless the sum of the multipliers for the next deal-draw are equal to or exceed 2 times the number of hands to be played. But I get where Pepe is coming from - current multipliers can be used to finance future multipliers such that you don't have to be as conservative as I am.

This is Barney,

Hey Mr. Pepe, I think you are doing the power thingy wrong. You said your greatest method which doesn't involve the dividing of numbers in my head is: "Add up all the X's for the next hand and subtract 1. Then subtract this number from the number of hands played. This is that hand's power number."

If you are on the triple play with next hand multiplier of all twos your method above would yield 2 + 2 +2 = the 6 minus the 1 for the 5 minus the three hands played = 2 which says the vp vulture personage should play when the 2 Rule would say it's a wash that offers no advantage unless playing for the comps.

I would think your method, without hurting head the vulture personage with the division and decimal points, should be to subtract the 1 from each multiplier and add them together; then subtract the number of hands which would result in above example of: 1 + 1 + 1 = the 3 minus the three hands for a 0 or no advantage. This explains what you explained seemed to be somewhat more liberal or risker than the Rule of Two dividing method.

This is all so very clear to me now, however other factors may be affecting my judgement.

Thank you very much

Thread Information