Thread: The "living wage" fall out

Walmart was under pressure to raise its wages...and they did a year ago.

the aftermath

the walmart I use in sparks nv always had a rectangular area with about 8 registers for self checkout..one one trouble shooting cashier available to float between registers and handle issues.

Just this last week they got rid of the 20 item or less cashier manned registered and made them self serve. 3 checkouts turn into 6 registers because a customer can stand on either side of a checkout isle with a register on either side. Its much more efficient use of space.

And who knows how many cashiers were let go, or reduced from full time to part time.

I always use self checkout. I have never stood on line at walmart for the last 6-7 years.

So it seems they are finding ways of making up that extra salary expense.

pretty cool...so all the workers outside protesting across the country for a "living wage" and feeling like they made a real difference in their protest.....have seen reality set in.

careful what you protest about/

Mcdonalds is moving toward self ordering kiosks as well..with less cashiers needed. Just order, pay the machine, and wait for your number to be called.

It is called progress and progress is essential. Don't see too many people complaining about the lack of buggy whip manufacturing jobs anymore.

and sometimes progress is moved along a little faster than usual if the right motivation is in place.

the walmart workers who staged the protests across the country for wage increases helped to nudge progress along

walmart was well motivated to find a way to make up the extra expense.....and then some

Originally Posted by LarryS View Post
    and sometimes progress is moved along a little faster than usual if the right motivation is in place.

the walmart workers who staged the protests across the country for wage increases helped to nudge progress along

walmart was well motivated to find a way to make up the extra expense.....and then some
    You are such a fucking moron LarryS... everyone knows that Walmart and shopping at Walmart supporting that business is bad for society in general. You are complaining about the wrong things.

Some reasons why you shouldn't shop at Walmart...

1. Money leaves the community
    2. Less product variety
    3. Impact on food supply
    4. Local character
    5. Foreign labor, including child workers
    6. It’s bad for women
    It’s estimated that about 50 percent of Walmart’s goods are manufactured overseas. And people who make those items may be working in dangerous facilities,
    or being terribly underpaid. One example is Bangladesh. In 2015, the minimum wage for industry workers was $37 per month and conditions were routinely unsafe.
    7. You’re at Walmart’s mercy
    8. Poorly run stores

LarryS is Moron... go sprinkle some more fairy dust around the world and internet. I know he is a Jew but I am pretty sure he is a Fag as well.

Thread Information