Originally Posted by regnis View Post
I don't remember who it was that said this on another thread, but it was suggested that the people behind the tables have tedious boring jobs and are just looking to get to the end of their shift without any major problems.

I have said this a number of times on several site, but perhaps you are referring to someone else. Bill Zender said things along these lines as well as a personal pit friend. Most pit critter's are working "joes". They just want to get through their day with minimal hassle just like anyone else. Do you think they want to come over to the table, tell a player he is not welcome to play and get flack and create bad vibes from other players? Of course not. BUT on the other hand, he doesn't want to get flack from a higher up that comes up to him later on and says, "there was a counter at your table that walked with 5 figures. Why didn't you do something about that".

So the thing to do is try not to put him in that second position. Short sessions and moderate bet levels with generally keep results down to where he doesn't have to answer for it.

Now the exception is what I call the "gung ho" type pit person. Usually a younger guy (male) looking to make a name for himself. Fortunately, usually you can spot him a mile off just from body language.