Thread: How about a report on the "meeting"?

Today, November 10th, Frank Kneeland was supposed to have a meeting with Rob Singer. From what I understand, Frank was going to present Rob with some sort of basic points from his report which is being written and probably won't be completed for another ten days to two weeks.

Rob was going to have an opportunity to clarify some points if he found any that needed to be clarified.

While I don't expect either party to say anything about the report because it is still a work in progress, I think we would all appreciate an update on how the meeting went-- it's tone, if major or minor points were discussed, or even if it was actually held.

Star Trek writers used a device to smooth out plots called a "universal translator." We may need one of those.

I just returned from my meet with Frank as well as a long-awaited and of course more important dinner with our daughter (both events at the Silverton) who recently moved to Chicago for an unbelievable job. Frank & I aren't done yet but we're getting close.

Here's an interesting tidbit for those intrigued by our shrinking economy as well as Singer-haters: My daughter and her family have moved as I said above. But that wasn't known at the time a number of months ago, when she and her family moved into our house and we moved out since we knew we were soon to become RV full-timers. So what's the catch? Everyone knows the housing mess in LV & Phoenix these days. Foreclosures and devaluation all over the place.

We decided to give our 4300 sq. ft. home, which I featured in one of my video e-newsletters last year and which we paid $550k in cash for in 2005, to our daughter's family since they have 2 children and it's a nice big home for that type of family. Why did we just give it away? Well, I had it appraised twice, and the highest appraisal was $270k in mid-2011--and that's after I added a $45,000 pool/spa to the setup! In other words, I just chalked the whole thing up as a big loss--if you can really call handing something down to a child a loss. But then my daughter gets that job and her husband get transferred to the Ill. IRS office, so they put the home up for sale and got $250k for it in one week. They've already bought a nice new home in the suburbs with that downpayment.

I'm sure glad I'm nowhere near Barney Frank!

First Rob good luck to everyone with the big moves.

Regarding your meeting.... Are you saying that you and Frank will confer again before his report is concluded and released?

Yes, but via e-mails.

Thanks. But isn't there some level of SKILL involved in moving?

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Thanks. But isn't there some level of SKILL involved in moving?
    Like in live poker, the skill is knowing when to fold. What will happen with the movers, and what cards will be dealt is all luck.

Thread Information