Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Challenge to Singer / Argentino

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    It gets confusing when the clowns get envious.

I'm trying to figure out why redietz now wants it to be that I was also working when I played VP professionally. Oh wait that's right--he needs to keep making it up so I won't bring up how he solicited me for money until I exposed his tactics here.

Kew you never read with comprehension. My official VP winnings from 2000-2009 was $984k. Those were my years filing as a professional gambler. File that somewhere upstairs or do as redietz does and gives his stats to his queer friend from Boeing in Calif. for safe keeping. My total VP win from over all years is about $1.5mil. Are you still shaking?

mickey why keep lying when you're down? If there were a way to do this challenge I'd do it. The idiot doesn't understand (and apparently has the dumbest "expert tax atty" in the city) who can't find the regs we all found a few years ago right here--that you cannot get tax return copies back further than 4 years in some cases and 7 in others. Make sense yet? And there has been no changes. I said if there actually were a way to have this bet I would want it for $984k. The problem is you, he, and a few other of the uneducated here can't figure out that records that old are unobtainable. He knew that when he started this nonsense.

But....when are you gonna talk the little twit into accepting my physical challenge.

Alan, I have no problem being bitch slapped if things are neutral. My original thoughts stand. For the community this is an inside joke (yes, it is in the forum). Yeah, "Columbo" should come out but I just need closure that this issue will not have closure.

Did you really think this issue was dead? I "trusted" you. At least smile when you respond.

Kew you never read with comprehension. My official VP winnings from 2000-2009 was $984k. Those were my years filing as a professional gambler. File that somewhere upstairs or do as redietz does and gives his stats to his queer friend from Boeing in Calif. for safe keeping. My total VP win from over all years is about $1.5mil. Are you still shaking?

But....when are you gonna talk the little twit into accepting my physical challenge.
    Only one shaking is you, you pathetic old, bet welcher. It's probably Parkinsons....I would get that checked.

You a freaking 70 years old and demented. You are probably on oxygen and a scooter, like the other geriatric gambling addicts. I am literally half your age, despite your fantasy, currently in good health and run regularly, including a 5k just this morning. So fuck off you bet welching, gambling addict internet troll. Freaking ugly, crazy, cousin Eddie.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post

I'm trying to figure out why redietz now wants it to be that I was also working when I played VP professionally. Oh wait that's right--he needs to keep making it up so I won't bring up how he solicited me for money until I exposed his tactics here.

mickey why keep lying when you're down? If there were a way to do this challenge I'd do it. The idiot doesn't understand (and apparently has the dumbest "expert tax atty" in the city) who can't find the regs we all found a few years ago right here--that you cannot get tax return copies back further than 4 years in some cases and 7 in others. Make sense yet? And there has been no changes. I said if there actually were a way to have this bet I would want it for $984k. The problem is you, he, and a few other of the uneducated here can't figure out that records that old are unobtainable. He knew that when he started this nonsense.

Uh oh, now "total VP winnings" are 1.5 million. And here we thought it was "net winnings." Well, that does change things a bit, wouldn't you say? Kind of like those stats during the WSOP broadcasts -- WSOP earnings $1.5 million, but they don't mention the net.

Mr. Mendelson, it turns out, could really use that 1K donation if you provide those texts and phone number where I solicited you. Why don't you be a dear and help out an old friend?

And finally, while I may be gay in 40% of all alternative universes, I can assure you GaryT is not. He's been married for 40 years with two lovely daughters. But I'm flattered that you think he might be attracted to me. Thanks, sweetie.
    Red when you say these corny things you only confirm how you're a handicapper scammer in the first place.

Total vp winnings is obviously lifetime vp winnings so others don't look as dumb as you.
    At some point you gotta work the word "net" in there. Go ahead, try to get the words out, "1.5 million NET winnings." You're psychologically blocking on this, and I can understand why. Just type slowly -- you can pull it off.

Uh oh, now "total VP winnings" are 1.5 million. And here we thought it was "net winnings." Well, that does change things a bit, wouldn't you say? Kind of like those stats during the WSOP broadcasts -- WSOP earnings $1.5 million, but they don't mention the net.

Mr. Mendelson, it turns out, could really use that 1K donation if you provide those texts and phone number where I solicited you. Why don't you be a dear and help out an old friend?

And finally, while I may be gay in 40% of all alternative universes, I can assure you GaryT is not. He's been married for 40 years with two lovely daughters. But I'm flattered that you think he might be attracted to me. Thanks, sweetie.
    Red when you say these corny things you only confirm how you're a handicapper scammer in the first place.

Total vp winnings is obviously lifetime vp winnings so others don't look as dumb as you.
    At some point you gotta work the word "net" in there. Go ahead, try to get the words out, "1.5 million NET winnings." You're psychologically blocking on this, and I can understand why. Just type slowly -- you can pull it off.
    I posted that multiple times, as if you missed it. The jealous little people NEVER miss a post from me.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post

Only one shaking is you, you pathetic old, bet welcher. It's probably Parkinsons....I would get that checked.

You a freaking 70 years old and demented. You are probably on oxygen and a scooter, like the other geriatric gambling addicts. I am literally half your age, despite your fantasy, currently in good health and run regularly, including a 5k just this morning. So fuck off you bet welching, gambling addict internet troll. Freaking ugly, crazy, cousin Eddie.
    I like it! Badmouth me while making up things about yourself to make yourself feel relevant....even for someone with the multiple defects you have.....

Originally Posted by Deech View Post

Alan, I have no problem being bitch slapped if things are neutral. My original thoughts stand. For the community this is an inside joke (yes, it is in the forum). Yeah, "Columbo" should come out but I just need closure that this issue will not have closure.

Did you really think this issue was dead? I "trusted" you. At least smile when you respond.
    Can you imagine, with me being in business for 40 years, with 4000 posts here, with having been on the LVAdvisor forum when it first started up, wouldn't you think the confederacy would have located one (1) solicitation or one (1) email or one (1) text message? I mean, the confederacy must have taken a decent look, wouldn't you say?

But nada. Damned shame. Keep swingin', boys.

I like it! Badmouth me while making up things about yourself to make yourself feel relevant....even for someone with the multiple defects you have.....
    Says the bet welching, degenerate gambler, cousin Eddie, living in someone else's driveway, mooching utilities.

Originally Posted by regnis View Post
    It is the dark hole of taxes. How does one qualify as a professional gambler. The rules, regulations, and writings are vague, and the case law is all over the place. The first misconception is that you have to show a profit--some say 2 of 7 years. That might help but it is really only a minor factor. The facts of each case will dictate, but the most important factor is to show an intent to operate for profit. It need not be your sole income but if it is your sole source of income that helps.

How do you show an intent to operate for profit? In the case of a horseplayer, there is the time and effort put into handicapping. Subscriptions to the daily racing form, charts, race replays, etc. These unfortunately are not easy to prove. The sheer volume of wagers and the number of days that you wager are factors. Now with tournaments almost daily you can more easily prove time invested. Statements from racetrack management can be used.

Whatever the type of gambling that you are trying to prove is professional, similar evidence is needed. But the essence of the proof in court is really time. What kind of time is involved. Secondarily, do your actions seem to be that of a pro. Are you doing the right things to make a good faith attempt at a profit.

So how can you show enough time in multiple businesses? I had that problem in years in which I both gambled (horses) and practiced law. I was able to show that I operated both with the intent to profit, although it looked to the IRS like I never slept. Later, when I had a number of years where my sole income was gambling, I was questioned as to what happened to my "legitimate" income.

In Singer's case, I assume he lumped the whole VP, writing, teaching, etc. into his Schedule C as one "business". In horse racing, the same thing is done where one both owns and races horses and gambles on them. It gives the look of an intent to profit and allows for the type of deductions that Rob has claimed.

It is not for everyone. You must be organized and structured and just give the appearance of a professional. I keep a journal and all losing tickets in organized boxes. The IRS can match the losing tickets daily to my journal. I'll never forget the agent's face on my first audit when I dropped that box of organized losing tickets in his lap. I have about 30 years of those boxes in my basement.

Regnis,

Exactly how would you foresee a video poker player who had lost, say, the previous four or five years at negative expectation games, pulling off the good faith argument towards making a profit? What could you say to the IRS or your tax attorney that would sound semi-convincing?

I actually have a plausible answer to this, based on personal experience, but I was wondering if there is anything that you think would be convincing.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post

I have the quote of the day.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Well now alan, that depends on whether your hypothetical poker player has a job other than playing poker.
    Let's say you were a judge in the federal Tax Court. A poker player says he plays in six $25,000 tournaments a year and cashes in two of them for a net profit of $15,000.

That's $165,000 of winnings vs $150,000 of entry fees .

Between tournaments he flips burgers for $15,000 a year and is given a W2 by his employer.

You're the judge: can he file a Schedule C for playing poker?
    I can actually answer this.

I work for myself as an engineer and work part time as a "carpenter" for my buddy. He issues a w-2 for my work (we are so above board that I have my own personal insurance which is expensive).

That second job of gambling made a profit, probability with documented earnings. Yes, you should claim and I believe you can use Schedule C,

I use two separate Schedule C's. I will not act as an expert if gambling is a second source of income.

Anyhow, I file two different Schedule C forms. Yes, ultimately I will take all my expenses out of the job that pays my 98% of my salary, but both jobs are listed on separate Schedule c's.
    Thank you.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    It's silly to argue the point here when a call to the IRS will get you the right answer.
    This is the most laughable line you've ever written. Talk to ten different IRS agents and you will get ten different answers.
    And if you can document what one of those IRS agents said and you followed the advice the law says any penalties would be dropped if the IRS agent was wrong. That's why you should write down the ID number of the IRS rep you talk to and keep notes.

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    LarryS., most of us are anonymous, but we're not truly strangers; it's a fairly tight little internet community.

People post a lot about themselves / their gambling because it is part of being human.

I feel as if I know something about several posters here, certainly more than I would know about someone I'd only just met a few minutes ago.

So there is a degree of familiarity, but whether the face people present for public consumption is their true face: aye, there's the rub.
    I agree with the above but I do not go from that to giving a shirt if anyone here thinks what I say is true. .....nor would I assume that I am so important that total stangers would care enough to generate hate toward me or anyone else.

nor do I want proof of anything people say.

Even though it's the same regulars and we get to know something about each other....doesn't mean I care one bit if anyone believes a speck of
    What I say to be true.
    I have no desire to make people believe me because I have a life and in the grand scheme of things nameless unknowns even if I am familiar with them can do nothing to make me want to make them bbelive.me

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Rob is lying about his lying. He actually said in one of his posts not long ago that his lifetime winnings was 1.4 million, not 1.5 million. But in actuality, that's what he claims to have won since 1999. In some of his posts Rob has stated that he lost $250,000 in the four years prior to 1999....and he says that's because he was playing the classic AP method. Although he has never said exactly what he was playing in those four years. He doesn't want to talk about it for some reason.

So in a true accounting Rob's (possibly imaginary) lifetime win would be 1.15 million. And that over 23 years. What is so spectacular about that? If it's true it amounts to about $50,000 a year, not the $100,000 a year that, in his creative accounting, Rob like's to report.

Rob, you started in 1995. I started in 1996. I've got some bad news for you, bro. This is going to tear your whole world apart. And I'm sure, with your hurt feelings, you will come with some hate filled posts about it. I've made more money in gambling than you have, Rob. Please don't cry. If you do could you do it alone. It's so unbecoming.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

I have no idea why, but I looked up some of this a few hours ago. A professional gambler can net all wagering activity but cannot show an overall wagering loss. Also, as with any normal business you can deduct any normal and ordinary business expenses.

I tried to review some of the rules for Schedule C but it was too long for me to digest in one sitting. The funny thing is that I work for myself as an engineer and use the Schedule C but I am damn to know the full rules for a gambler.
    Unfortunately for the redietz guess, what a professional gambler does in any year or years prior to begin filing as such, is totally irrelevant. Yes he wants it to BE that a recreational gambler who loses is not allowed for some strange reason to then begin filing as a pro. But his limited knowledge once again bites him in the wrong place. And filing as a pro gambler does not require you show a profit every single year, although I did.

Keep trying idiots. You'll continue to see how close you can get to the mickeycrimm model of excellence.

No, what I clearly said is that you can switch from recreational to professional as long as gambling is your full-time sole income source. If it's not, then you should not. My apologies. I was not aware you were not employed by others during your stint as a professional. That clears up many things.
    For those that are interested, tax man, Russell Fox , was recently on GWAE (he is a recurring guest):

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Rob is lying about his lying. He actually said in one of his posts not long ago that his lifetime winnings was 1.4 million, not 1.5 million. But in actuality, that's what he claims to have won since 1999. In some of his posts Rob has stated that he lost $250,000 in the four years prior to 1999....and he says that's because he was playing the classic AP method. Although he has never said exactly what he was playing in those four years. He doesn't want to talk about it for some reason.

So in a true accounting Rob's (possibly imaginary) lifetime win would be 1.15 million. And that over 23 years. What is so spectacular about that? If it's true it amounts to about $50,000 a year, not the $100,000 a year that, in his creative accounting, Rob like's to report.

Rob, you started in 1995. I started in 1996. I've got some bad news for you, bro. This is going to tear your whole world apart. And I'm sure, with your hurt feelings, you will come with some hate filled posts about it. I've made more money in gambling than you have, Rob. Please don't cry. If you do could you do it alone. It's so unbecoming.
    More silly making it all up because you're so upset with the way things go. But a bum like you has no other option, right?

It's very close to $1.5mil...and climbing. I don't include my waste-of-time AP years--irrelevant. Only the years since, which have been, to your dismay, all winners. And of course you've made more money than me gambling! Your car shows it, your lifestyle shows it, and every anonymous person who posts about it on forums makes a ton of money gambling!

You should throw a winners party for the monet's and the kew's and the entire WoV cast of anonymous AP characters who claim great gambling success like you.

Face it mickey, virtual lives are not real lives. It's not hard to see why people like you and kew choose to pursue the relevance of being successful gamblers as anonymous people online. Hard lives yield odd fantasies. And you can't even get that part right with all the contradictory statements you continually make about yourself.

There was a simpler challenge. Fezzik offered to meet Rob Singer at his favorite licensed casino machines, and match any wins and losses. For example, if Singer won $2,000, then Singer would keep those winnings, and Fezzik would pay Singer an additional $2,000. But if Singer lost $3,000, then Singer must also pay Fezzik $3,000. This is very simple to understand and administer. Obviously Singer refused the challenge, because he is an internet blowhard poseur.

There is plenty of capital ready to fade Singer's action. It would be easy for Singer to arrange the Fezzik challenge, but he will never do it. So this whole thing is quite boring to me. I've seen this movie, and know how it ends.

Originally Posted by Kim Lee View Post
    There was a simpler challenge. Fezzik offered to meet Rob Singer at his favorite licensed casino machines, and match any wins and losses. For example, if Singer won $2,000, then Singer would keep those winnings, and Fezzik would pay Singer an additional $2,000. But if Singer lost $3,000, then Singer must also pay Fezzik $3,000. This is very simple to understand and administer. Obviously Singer refused the challenge, because he is an internet blowhard poseur.

There is plenty of capital ready to fade Singer's action. It would be easy for Singer to arrange the Fezzik challenge, but he will never do it. So this whole thing is quite boring to me. I've seen this movie, and know how it ends.
    So why didn't you take that challenge, Rob? You only have to win one session. It's crazy you turned this down. When you hit your $2500 or higher win goal you actually get payed double that. Absolutely stupid you turned that down. That is, if your "system" really works.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 08-23-2018 at 04:26 PM.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

A new anonymous hack arrives.

There was no "simpler challenge". Let's see it. And what's a "favorite licensed machine"?

Obviously there's still Fezzik/HP crowd fans out there who are still reeling from the humiliation of the Fezzik fizzle. I'm just glad I published it in LV so everyone could see what big mouth phonies his AP crowd was. I still tingle to this day.

A new anonymous hack arrives.

There was no "simpler challenge". Let's see it. And what's a "favorite licensed machine"?

Obviously there's still Fezzik/HP crowd fans out there who are still reeling from the humiliation of the Fezzik fizzle. I'm just glad I published it in LV so everyone could see what big mouth phonies his AP crowd was. I still tingle to this day.
    It looks like Fezzik is still ready to go with that bet. So what say you?

Let's keep on the subject of the current challenge. A current challenge can easily be verified with money put into escrow.

Thread Information