Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Take a look at this "player stats" screen on this multiplay video poker machine

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Dan you don't hold three to a flush with two high cards? You don't hold three to a straight flush with two high cards?
    You don't hold three cards with an open-ended straight flush draw?
    Obviously it depends on the game and pay table.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Dan you don't hold three to a flush with two high cards? You don't hold three to a straight flush with two high cards?
    You don't hold three cards with an open-ended straight flush draw?
    Yes, you are correct. Then again, Dan is correct with his statement "don't chase 3 to a straight (ever) or 3 to a flush (unless there are straight flush possibilities). I added the comments in the parenthesis.

Dan tried to simplify things. I hope we all know to keep 3 to a Royal, even though that is 3 to a flush.

Unlike real poker, if there's nothing better (like a single J or better) I thought you DO hold the inside straight?

Originally Posted by pepe View Post
    Unlike real poker, if there's nothing better (like a single J or better) I thought you DO hold the inside straight?
    In games where 2 pair is a push (1 FOR 1), correct. In JoB where 2 pair pays 1 TO 1 (2 FOR 1) only hold an inside straight with 3 offsuit high cards; AKQT, AKJT, AQJT, KQJ9. Might be a few other games where you do as well, but I'm not familiar with them.

Wow! Just glancing my usual quick overview before moving back to other forums and emails and I actually enjoyed this thread enough to go thru it all! All good info.

Thread Information