Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Singer didn't beat video poker

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I have a pension from the SAG-AFTRA pension fund. I get payments for life. Yes the "cash equivalent" is well over two million but you're not allowed to tap into a pension pool. It's not like a 401k. And the best part of a pension is the money never runs out, unlike a 401k which can be exhausted if you live too long.

I also collect social security and I paid into social security starting with my first radio job when I was 16. That's 50 years of contributions.
    Do you think these jealous gambling-addicted clowns have any idea what you're talking about when you bring up pensions, social security, and 401k's? To them we're broke because we don't play ap, your ex-wives and family can siphon your retirement accounts because that's the only narrative they can live with here, and I'm stealing electricity and fuel for my RV and camper, and have no homes I bought to go to.

These are the little people Alan....the ones who went into gambling with a dream and woke up in the middle of it in a nightmare. That's all some of these people have. That, and making up all sorts of stories about you, me, and themselves, just so they can get up in the morning (and so mickey can get a few winks in his old junk car).

It's fun to watch!

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    OJ's NFL and acting pension can never be touched, even by the Goldman civil judgment. OJ probably has a SAG pension (Screen Actors Guild).

The unions merged a couple years ago, but the stronger AFTRA pension remained independent.

The combined SAG-AFTRA union is 95% SAG members but the wealth is 95% AFTRA members. This is because there are SAG members earning as little as a couple thousand a year.

Edited to add: Yes OJ has a SAG pension too. Here's an article on his "bullet proof pensions" (what a pun).

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/07/20/oj...parole-hearing
    Also OJ lives in Florida, and I believe the laws in that state make his home immune to garnishment (or whatever the proper term would be for a residence).
    Years ago, Florida is the state to go to when running from bankruptcy. I remember when Bowie Kuhn, the former baseball commissioner, had his law firm in NJ file for bankruptcy. Rather than stay in your home state and take the heat, he ran to Florida. Full value of your home is protected. many other assets are protected. I think 60 Minutes tried to interview him and he went into seclusion.

Other states have caught up a bit. Rob is correct that your 401K is protected, everywhere.

In Florida they have "homesteading" which protects all of the value of lower and middle priced homes and some of the value of higher priced homes. When I owned a home in Florida I think the first $100,000 was protected but those were the days that houses only cost $110,000.

I'm going to Google it.

Edited to add: exemptions are all over the map. Even a million dollar home can be protected.

Rob I first joined AFTRA in 1972. I only wish they'd let me take a lump sum from my pension which was 100% funded by my employers.

In Florida they have "homesteading" which protects all of the value of lower and middle priced homes and some of the value of higher priced homes. When I owned a home in Florida I think the first $100,000 was protected but those were the days that houses only cost $110,000.

I'm going to Google it.

Edited to add: exemptions are all over the map. Even a million dollar home can be protected.
    Don't quote me but I believe the amount of the exemption in Florida is the full value of the home, but there is some limitation as to size (acreage) rather than value.

Rob I first joined AFTRA in 1972. I only wish they'd let me take a lump sum from my pension which was 100% funded by my employers.
    It's something that goes far beyond the comprehension level of the low class clowns here. Imagine how someone like mickey would feel collecting more than his two figure ss check and getting a 5 or 6 figure pension every year left in his sorrowful life.

I don't expect most pensions can be taken as a lump sum any more.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post

Bet welching, degenerate gambler, cousin Eddie, living in someone else's driveway, mooching utilities.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post

Bet welching, degenerate gambler, cousin Eddie, living in someone else's driveway, mooching utilities.
    Really kewlj?

Ya know, I have challenged Rob over the years on several things. I challenged him on his taxes and said I didn't believe he could deduct his groceries, dinners, parties when he filed a Schedule C. But he said he survived two audits and frankly that's where it ended. Unless he shows us his tax documents we'll never know. The IRS won't tell us. Just like the IRS won't release the President's returns.

I called out Rob on the bet with Arc over tax returns. Arc came through and Rob didn't.

Rob probably doesn't have any proof that redietz ever sent him a solicitation.

But you, kewlj. What was the point writing this response? Rob made a mature, intelligent statement but you had to just muck it up with another of your personal, immature attacks. You really are the #1 hater on this forum.

Really kewlj?

Ya know, I have challenged Rob over the years on several things. I challenged him on his taxes and said I didn't believe he could deduct his groceries, dinners, parties when he filed a Schedule C. But he said he survived two audits and frankly that's where it ended. Unless he shows us his tax documents we'll never know. The IRS won't tell us. Just like the IRS won't release the President's returns.

I called out Rob on the bet with Arc over tax returns. Arc came through and Rob didn't.

But you, kewlj. What was the point writing this response? Rob made a mature, intelligent statement but you had to just muck it up with another of your personal, immature attacks. You really are the #1 hater on this forum.
    Alan, only you were going to see Rob's returns and the information you were allowed to report was limited. So why do you think Rob welshed the bet? I think it's obvious he had something to hide from you. And I think that something was his returns show something quite different than what he has been representing all these years. And I think we can start with his returns not showing his occupation as professional gambler.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Mickeycrimm it doesn't matter why he didn't send his returns to me. The bottom line is he didn't but Arc did. End of story.

Originally Posted by Deech View Post
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    OJ's NFL and acting pension can never be touched, even by the Goldman civil judgment. OJ probably has a SAG pension (Screen Actors Guild).

The unions merged a couple years ago, but the stronger AFTRA pension remained independent.

The combined SAG-AFTRA union is 95% SAG members but the wealth is 95% AFTRA members. This is because there are SAG members earning as little as a couple thousand a year.

Edited to add: Yes OJ has a SAG pension too. Here's an article on his "bullet proof pensions" (what a pun).

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/07/20/oj...parole-hearing
    Also OJ lives in Florida, and I believe the laws in that state make his home immune to garnishment (or whatever the proper term would be for a residence).
    Years ago, Florida is the state to go to when running from bankruptcy. I remember when Bowie Kuhn, the former baseball commissioner, had his law firm in NJ file for bankruptcy. Rather than stay in your home state and take the heat, he ran to Florida. Full value of your home is protected. many other assets are protected. I think 60 Minutes tried to interview him and he went into seclusion.

Other states have caught up a bit. Rob is correct that your 401K is protected, everywhere.
    Interesting stuff Deech. thanks.

Mickeycrimm it doesn't matter why he didn't send his returns to me. The bottom line is he didn't but Arc did. End of story.

This must be part of the undocumented "well-documented" documentation that Argentino won a boatload of money (net, mind you, net). See, if there is no actual documentation, the trick is to say "it's well documented that..." You have passive voice, no actual reference, and not even a reasonable summary of the provenance of the author's subjective impression that money was won.

Undocumented documentation. The key to solid reporting.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post

This must be part of the undocumented "well-documented" documentation that Argentino won a boatload of money (net, mind you, net). See, if there is no actual documentation, the trick is to say "it's well documented that..." You have passive voice, no actual reference, and not even a reasonable summary of the provenance of the author's subjective impression that money was won.

Undocumented documentation. The key to solid reporting.
    And you wonder why others see you as strange.
    Did your wife commit suicide?

Really kewlj?

Let's cut to the chase here. KewlJ issued a challenge to Argentino. The first 40 responses featured nothing from Argentino, but 11 responses from Mr. Mendelson. Each response featured some kind of cover or diversion. The opener tried to argue for gross winnings as some kind of measure of credibility for the claim of professionalism. That was so clearly wrong, it was ridiculous. Based on that measure, every lottery winner should get to file as a professional gambler. Interestingly, when pressed as to why anyone should believe in his professional status, Argentino later argued that his annual collection of W2Gs totaling a million or more should be more than enough in the way of evidence. So he parroted the gross winnings claim of Mr. Mendelson. It's a good thing these guys don't purposefully tag team the forum -- LOL.

Argentino, for all of his posting, never mentions how many hands he played and what his X, Y, and Z results have been per hands played. He says, of course, that it's not important. What nerd keeps records like that? Well, if you want to file as a professional gambler, you have got to have logs like that.

Then you have a guy playing less than eight hours a week as a full-time professional. That's an oxymoron, since "full-time" does require you fulfill the definition of "full-time."

Of course, the IRS lets all of this slide.

Argentino, for all of his tax talk, hasn't even spelled out whether he filed as an individual, as a proprietor, or as a member of a Gambling Entity. That would be an obvious starting point. Not a mention. If he was heading a Gambling Entity, that opens a whole other can of worms regarding W2Gs.

The bottom line is that the two most prolific posters on this forum are pushing demonstrably wrong gambling strategies backed up by torturous, detail-lacking origin stories regarding the math of their gambling. What does that tell you?

It should tell you, redietz and kewlj, that you're both wasting your time and Rob won't do any kind of bet.

And you wonder why others see you as strange.
    Did your wife commit suicide?
    What a sick, sick fuck you are Argentino.

It should tell you, redietz and kewlj, that you're both wasting your time and Rob won't do any kind of bet.
    Shouldn't it tell YOU something Alan? I keep waiting for you to take a step back and find just a tad of that honesty and integrity that a real journalist processes. Andyou keep disappointing, not surprising, but disappointing me. Shame on you.

Your dispute is with Rob, not with me. I am not on your payroll as your investigative reporter.

It's well documented here that Rob did not send me his tax returns but Arc did. What else do you want me to do?
    I'm not the forum police and I don't work for you and redietz.
    You guys are wasting your time. You're not going to waste mine. Rob is laughing at you. There is no reason for him to do anything you want or to even care about it. Your obsession is your problem. That goes for redietz also.

The only real "obsession" I see is in regard to playing the "gotcha card."

Exposing bold yet patently false claims can be entertaining, in both an intellectual and emotional way, although the value of doing so carries about as much weight as a small pile of butterfly wings.
    What, Me Worry?

Yeah, that craps table is calling 24/7. Isn't it? You would probably make it past the first week of the month for maybe a year if you could access it all at once. Then when it is gone you could pull a Singer and Cousin Eddie it up in your kids driveway.

Thread Information