Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Wizard Of Vegas rant!

it was sarcastic....i use the phrase "quality time" sarcastically....as if kids can be ignore for days at a time and then have it "made up" with a self described "quality time"

That phrase came into being when both mom and dad ended up working as opposed to mom stayiing home. And the quality time later extended to broken families.. And then it extended to one parent families. I think homeless kids on the streets will be fine because someone will give them "quality time" and it will all turn out well.

All that "quality time" and I am so jealous....I never received it. neither of my parents offered me quality time....where they tried extra hard or something like that. Isnt that what "quality time is? I am not sure. But I just had a stay at home mom and a dad that came home at night like all my friends.........If I knew about quality time I would have demanded it at some point.

the term "quality time" does more for the parents .....than it does for the kids. It was devised to shield people from the shame of not being around to properly and fully parent their children. Society used to look at people who werent around to fully parent their children as being derelict...however if you say "I spend quality time"......well then thats a different story....you are a hero. Society accepts that....and for accepting that they pay a price

Between myself and my ex-wife, someone is always with the kids unless they are at school.

I have the good fortune of mostly working from home in terms of writing, so basically how it works is that I have them on the days my ex-wife works and she has them on the days that she does not work. Basically, it's like the at-home mom situation you describe, in effect, just sometimes it's one parent and sometimes it's the other.

That's all I have to say about that. Again, I'm not getting into a discussion with you about parenting techniques.

That's all I have to say about that. Again, I'm not getting into a discussion with you about parenting techniques.

I am not talking to you. I was commenting to MrV how society is fucked up partly because of the concept of "quality time". ...because the kids are fucked up from the neglect and the misplaced notion that neglect can be made up with "quality time".

If you feel guilty and need to clear your guilt.....feel free to explain away.

and while you are at it...tell us a dumb blonde joke....

It seems that the generation with a greater likelihood to come from, "Broken families," is more socially tolerant. On the other hand, we have people like you who came from two-parent homes who like to claim moral superiority to everyone as well as denigrate women based on appearance and as many rude comments about people's sexuality as you can fit into a post.

But, no, tell me more about what type of parenting structure results in the best people.

My guess is the home structure does not correlate in any way to the quality of the person. One good parent is probably better than two shitty ones.
    Last edited by Mission146; 07-25-2018 at 09:54 PM.

Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    It seems that the generation with a greater likelihood to come from, "Broken families," is more socially tolerant. On the other hand, we have people like you who came from two-parent homes who like to claim moral superiority to everyone as well as denigrate women based on appearance and as many rude comments about people's sexuality as you can fit into a post.

But, no, tell me more about what type of parenting structure results in the best people.

My guess is the home structure does not correlate in any way to the quality of the person. One good parent is probably better than two shitty ones.
    parenting today or lack thereof,has resulted in higher crime rates, higher drop out rates, higher incidence of grafiti, higher teenage pregnancy rates, hard drug usage, high illieracy rates even with those who graduated high school..

so I am pretty comfortable in my assertion that the parenting accepted by society today is inferior to the previous generations. It seems "quality time" as a concept is a sham Its destructive. And it fucks kids in the head,

other than that...modern day parenting is working out just fine

Oh, shit, throwing me softballs!

1.) Violent crime is currently about where it was in the early 70's. It peaked around '92 and then started to drop again. It fluctuates from year to year, and I imagine that it has about leveled out, but it's way off of its high point.

2.) Homicide rates were higher in the early 70's than at least 2016. 2016 was around levels comparable to the 60's.

3.) If you mean overall crime, blame the, "War on Drugs," and marijuana...which has gone on to be legal for recreational use in a few states...was treated as though it were heroin when it comes to enforcement and sentencing.

4.) Look at the drop out rates, they've declined in the last several decades. It's not even close. Graduation rates are also near all-time highs. Just do a Google Search. Do you turn your brain off when you type?

https://www.childtrends.org/indicato...-dropout-rates

5.) I don't know where people keep statistics when it comes to graffiti.

6.) Teen pregnancy is way down:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db89.htm

https://www.cdc.gov/teenpregnancy/about/index.htm

The first link is historical until 2010. The next link runs from 2007-2015. I don't know what you are saying the teen pregnancy rates are up compared to, but I'm starting to believe you're just fucking with me at this point. Turns out sexual education as well as access to contraception helps a lot with that.

7.) I grant hard drug usage. That's true.

8.) I don't know about illiteracy rates, but the H.S. graduation rate is definitely higher.

---Other than the fact that the result was kids who don't know how to do a five second Google Search, traditional parenting worked out just fine. That and all of the stuff I said in the post before yours.

Larry and V are showing what no class pieces of shit they are by fucking with Tasha. Lowlife imbeciles.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Larry and V are showing what no class pieces of shit they are by fucking with Tasha. Lowlife imbeciles.
    Nothing better to do for a "High Powered Attorney" and a Martian who basically knows everything about every subject. Fucking Mrs. V constantly stirring the pot while smoking pot sitting on the fence about everything jumping from one side of the grass to the other.

I am merely pointing out the obvious: Nathan / Tasha is not a "good fit" at WoV.

She'd likely find a friendlier reception and more like-minded people on some other board.

Square peg, round hole.
    What, Me Worry?

Even a blind person can see that children have far less quality time with their parents today than yesterday. Nothing is more important to these kids than their gadgets. Mission likes to quote liberal statistics because it makes him, as a failure in marriage and expert in child abandonment, feel better about himself. Fact is, a two-parent home is the best chance any child will ever have...and that's not referring to these moronic "two mom or two dad" homes.

Overall trends in today's society are meaningless. You look at what's going on in minority statistics to see what direction were really headed in. Black unwed mother rate: 72% and climbing. Why? Their men are saturating the prisons. And while Trump has put many of them back to work, drug use and crime rates are way up amongst this group.

Anyone who glorifies "legal" weed use is sick and delusional. Why is it that the libtards just don't get this fact? What does it take to get thru to them that smoke of ANY kind and in any amount is detrimental to the human lung? And a drug crime is a drug crime, period. You mess with a snake then you live with the bite.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    I don't think that is what MrV is doing.

Two things:

1. There remains suspicion at WoV as to whether Nathan is in fact what she presents herself to be;

2. Nathan's love of lotto is the antithesis of all things WoV.

She's a very poor fit there, and endures a lot of flak.

Surely a non-troll would be dissuaded from further participation.

Then again Nathan might have strong masochistic tendencies.
    What, Me Worry?

Oh, shit, throwing me softballs!

1.) Violent crime is currently about where it was in the early 70's. It peaked around '92 and then started to drop again. It fluctuates from year to year, and I imagine that it has about leveled out, but it's way off of its high point.

2.) Homicide rates were higher in the early 70's than at least 2016. 2016 was around levels comparable to the 60's.

3.) If you mean overall crime, blame the, "War on Drugs," and marijuana...which has gone on to be legal for recreational use in a few states...was treated as though it were heroin when it comes to enforcement and sentencing.

4.) Look at the drop out rates, they've declined in the last several decades. It's not even close. Graduation rates are also near all-time highs. Just do a Google Search. Do you turn your brain off when you type?

https://www.childtrends.org/indicato...-dropout-rates

5.) I don't know where people keep statistics when it comes to graffiti.

6.) Teen pregnancy is way down:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db89.htm

https://www.cdc.gov/teenpregnancy/about/index.htm

The first link is historical until 2010. The next link runs from 2007-2015. I don't know what you are saying the teen pregnancy rates are up compared to, but I'm starting to believe you're just fucking with me at this point. Turns out sexual education as well as access to contraception helps a lot with that.

7.) I grant hard drug usage. That's true.

8.) I don't know about illiteracy rates, but the H.S. graduation rate is definitely higher.

---Other than the fact that the result was kids who don't know how to do a five second Google Search, traditional parenting worked out just fine. That and all of the stuff I said in the post before yours.
    "quaity time" bcame fashionable in the late 70's at least thats when i first remember hearing it. Maybeit was before. And if you are to tell me there is less teenage pregnancies tofay than in the 70s...you wuld be full of shit.

If you were to tell me the streets are safer today thanin the 70s...you would be full of shit

If you were to tell me that high school students as an aggregate of those who graduate and those who dont are better educated than those same people in the 70s..you would be full of shit

If you were to tell me there is less destruction of public property today than in the 70s...you would be full of shit

In the 60, most moms stayed at home and most dads worked to provide for the family unit.....In the 70s both parents started working hence "quality time" became in fahsion...and today the term du jour is "baby daddy"...where one woman with 3 kids can have 3 different "baby daddys"...and society embraces this as cool. The term "baby daddy" has no stigma to it...women have no problem referring to what was once a father....as a "baby daddy". And society reflects this.

if someone in the 70s opened up a newspaper in the 70s and in a twilight zone adventure looked at a newspaper of 2018 they would have a nervous breakdown. They would thing the end of the world had arrived.
    Kids are more likely to get shot in school than in the 70s. More available drugs than in the 70s.

Kids are less likely to be with 2 parents on a daily basis than in the 70s

and society pays for it.

It used to be when a girl got pregnant out of wedlock her family sent her out of town to live with a relative to avoid the shame.

Today she signs up for and receives welfare, subsidized housing, food stamps and free medical care.

No shame; just "entitlement."

My my how things have changed, and not at all for the better.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Two things:

1. There remains suspicion at WoV as to whether Nathan is in fact what she presents herself to be;

2. Nathan's love of lotto is the antithesis of all things WoV.

She's a very poor fit there, and endures a lot of flak.

Surely a non-troll would be dissuaded from further participation.

Then again Nathan might have strong masochistic tendencies.
    Up to 135 pages in less than two months means Nathan's Corner is the most popular thread on WoV.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by LarryS View Post

"quaity time" bcame fashionable in the late 70's at least thats when i first remember hearing it. Maybeit was before. And if you are to tell me there is less teenage pregnancies tofay than in the 70s...you wuld be full of shit.
    I don't know what to tell you. Of the eight things you said, six were objectively wrong, I don't think statistics are kept on one and then, on the final one, I shot an agreement from the hip for you. And, I honestly suspect you're right about the hard drugs, but I didn't look it up.

If you were to tell me the streets are safer today thanin the 70s...you would be full of shit

If you were to tell me that high school students as an aggregate of those who graduate and those who dont are better educated than those same people in the 70s..you would be full of shit
    Subject me to no subjectives! I don't tally the objective stats, I just report them.

If you were to tell me there is less destruction of public property today than in the 70s...you would be full of shit

In the 60, most moms stayed at home and most dads worked to provide for the family unit.....In the 70s both parents started working hence "quality time" became in fahsion...and today the term du jour is "baby daddy"...where one woman with 3 kids can have 3 different "baby daddys"...and society embraces this as cool. The term "baby daddy" has no stigma to it...women have no problem referring to what was once a father....as a "baby daddy". And society reflects this.
    It seems that murder peaked in the early 70's and violent crime was close to right around then. You really can't put that on the situation of kids' parents in the seventies...unless they were killing people and committing violent crimes in diapers.

I don't think anybody looks at someone as, "Cool," for having three kids with three different fathers. Honestly, I don't think anybody really gives a fuck if she eats or not, if you want to know the truth. Myself, I care that the kids eat. In terms of living situation, it's cheaper to keep them in her custody than it is to make them wards of the state. Of course, she's going to have to eat in order to be able to take care of the kids.

if someone in the 70s opened up a newspaper in the 70s and in a twilight zone adventure looked at a newspaper of 2018 they would have a nervous breakdown. They would thing the end of the world had arrived.
    Kids are more likely to get shot in school than in the 70s. More available drugs than in the 70s.

Kids are less likely to be with 2 parents on a daily basis than in the 70s

and society pays for it.
    Yeah, except almost every objective statistic says you're wrong. I'm sorry that the actual state of affairs doesn't strictly correspond to your narrative. That's hard for people, sometimes.

I think the only thing you said above that is correct is school shootings. Fucking kids. It seems like that's been the en vogue thing to do since Columbine. Don't know what to tell you. Still doesn't change violent crime and homicide (in general) being way down from peak numbers.

It used to be when a girl got pregnant out of wedlock her family sent her out of town to live with a relative to avoid the shame.

Today she signs up for and receives welfare, subsidized housing, food stamps and free medical care.

I'll tell you, I love how the women in this scenario always get shit on for the Government giving them minimal standards of living. Where is the, "Shame," for the guy who impregnated her who then proceeded not to do enough to keep her off of welfare? I thought you traditionalists were all about the man of the family putting bread on the table?

I'll tell you, I love how the women in this scenario always get shit on for the Government giving them minimal standards of living. Where is the, "Shame," for the guy who impregnated her who then proceeded not to do enough to keep her off of welfare? I thought you traditionalists were all about the man of the family putting bread on the table?
    Or when a young girl is hastily persuaded into a kitchen table abortion, and can never have the kids she so desperately wants not so much later on in her life, and all throughout the remainder of it. Not to mention all the other indignities she endures strictly at the hands of the V's of the world, at a distance, of course, because she is low-income, etc. Not to mention, ultimately, her dying alone, and way too early, given the often careless care to "those people", in a dimly lit hospital ICU. Just to sum the little abuses here, and the little indifferences there.

Hey, the reason I quit posting on gambling forums. People who haven't really lived a day in their lives. People who want impossible answers, and quickly shy from any real thinking when afforded the opportunity. Shit shooters, and other losers. The high and mighty. Cunts.
    78255585899=317*13723*17989=(310+7)*[(13730-7)*(100*100+7979+10)]-->LOVE avatar@137_371_179_791, or 137_371_17[3^2]_7[3^2]1, 1=V-->Ace, low. 78255585899-->99858555287=(99858555288-1)=[-1+(72*2227)*(722777-100000)]={-1+(72*2227)*[(2000+700777+20000)-100000]}-->1_722_227_277_772_1. 7×8×2×5×5×5×8×5×8×9×9=362880000=(1000000000-6√97020000-100000)-->169_721. (7/8×2/5×5/5×8/5×8/9×9)={[(-.1+.9)]^2×(6+1)}-->1961=√4*2.24; (1/7×8/2×5/5×5/8×5/8×9/9)={1/[7×(-.2+1)^2]}-->1721=[(10*10/4)/(√4+110)].

You need to add killers of unborn babies to your list.

Abortion = murder

The guy is equally culpable and he'll be just as fucked as the woman will be when the child support people clean his clock.

My point is that couples used to stay together more than they do today; whether they waited til marriage to fuck or had a shot gun wedding after coitus interuptus failed, the result was the same: a nuclear family.

That is the best way to do it, and we don't do it in America anymore like we once did.
    What, Me Worry?

Thread Information