Thread: See Something

It has been about 8 years since this started. Anyone care to share their thoughts on the See Something Say Something campaign?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The term Useful Idiots comes to mind when defining those who dial 828-8386.

Well, as long as the phone call is confidential and not being paid, I see it as a good thing. You can report crimes anonymously without putting yourself in potential trouble. What I see as a potential problem is the "Get $1,000 for snitching on people!" ads. That could have disastrous consequences.

The problem is that the phone number on the billboard is too small and not easy to remember.

The other problem is people do see things but don't call.

This is Barney,

The LID told me he once saw Dan Mahoney (a professional craps player) toss 19 elevens in a row. He saw it but never said anything about it or called the number on sign.

Thank you very much

Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    This is Barney,

The LID told me he once saw Dan Mahoney (a professional craps player) toss 19 elevens in a row. He saw it but never said anything about it or called the number on sign.

Thank you very much
    Methinks you've been kissing the barney stone.

Name:  blarney-stone.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  124.0 KB
    What, Me Worry?

First thought that comes to mind is;

Mind your own business.

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post

Mind your own business.
    9-11 and then October 1st changed that.

When I lived in Miami during the cocaine cowboy days no one hesitated to call the tip lines because too many innocent people were killed in the crossfire.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post

Mind your own business.

When I lived in Miami during the cocaine cowboy days no one hesitated to call the tip lines because too many innocent people were killed in the crossfire.
    Snitches get Stitches. If they survive at all.

Mind your own business.

I agree... when I first started seeing this shit around Las Vegas it was clear that the Government was gaining more and more control. A friend of mine thought Obamacare was a great thing and I feel that the more the Government controls or tells you what you can and can't do and will fine you if you do not comply this is not a good thing. Same with this. I just can't help but correlate it with the Nazis and Jews and any other subversive. The Nazis turned its citizens into a bunch of snitches. I am sure the Jewish People of the world didn't like it when their long time neighbors or friends called the SS on them but it seems times have changed and people of all races and creeds seem to be ok to call the authorities when they see something in our current Homeland/Fatherland/Motherland... America.

Mind your own business.

ITA. That's why I said the "Get $1,000 for snitching on people!" Ads being a potentially very bad idea.

Thread Information