Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Low Rent Cheese

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    You really don't have a picture? There were times my phone was dead or I left my phone in the hotel room and I asked someone to take a photo and email it to me. No one ever said no.

This was taken by another player and emailed to me.
    Notice how they short you on the str8 flush.
    I didn't notice that till now. Good eyes. I guess that's how they're able to pay 8/5 with the progressive. That is Bonus Poker.
    Actually it's a benefit as it eliminates a w2-g from the straight flush.

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    Notice how they short you on the str8 flush.
    I didn't notice that till now. Good eyes. I guess that's how they're able to pay 8/5 with the progressive. That is Bonus Poker.
    Actually it's a benefit as it eliminates a w2-g from the straight flush.
    You're kidding, right?

No I'm not. Getting the $1250 for a full pay straight flush will cost you a few hundred in taxes. Not to mention, you'll probably tip. I'll take the $1195 and no taxes or tip instead.

No I'm not. Getting the $1250 for a full pay straight flush will cost you a few hundred in taxes. Not to mention, you'll probably tip. I'll take the $1195 and no taxes or tip instead.
    He need only worry about taxes if he wins more over the course of a year than he loses.

No worries.
    What, Me Worry?

Mickeycrimm wrote " You didn't take a picture of a royal that's a billions to 1 hit? How convenient."

Of course you're exaggerating the odds but your point is solid. Even I'm surprised Rob doesnt have a picture of an event like this. I would have hovered over that machine, protecting it, until I got a photo.
    I didn't exaggerate. The odds of catching a razgu hand, throwing it away, and catching a reversible sequential is at least 1.1 billion to 1. You know how Rob loves to brag. The first thing he would have thought of is getting a picture. He hasn't shown a W2-G either.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Mickeycrimm wrote " You didn't take a picture of a royal that's a billions to 1 hit? How convenient."

Of course you're exaggerating the odds but your point is solid. Even I'm surprised Rob doesnt have a picture of an event like this. I would have hovered over that machine, protecting it, until I got a photo.
    I didn't exaggerate. The odds of catching a razgu hand, throwing it away, and catching a reversible sequential is at least 1.1 billion to 1. You know how Rob loves to brag. The first thing he would have thought of is getting a picture. He hasn't shown a W2-G either.
    Easy way to explain the odds is with roulette or say a 2 card Poker hand. Odds of back to back same number on a double zero wheel are 1 in 38. Odds of a specific number, say 8, coming up back to back BEFORE spinning is 38 x 38 = 1 in 1444. In Holdem, odds of getting aces back to back is 1 in 221 AFTER getting the first aces. Odds that the next two consecutive hands are aces BEFORE being dealt cards is 221 x 221 = 1 in 48,841. Alan is thinking along the lines of getting a redraw royal AFTER you already have that throw away hand. So you both are right depending on the circumstances.

IIRC there was a $1 triple play at the Venetian and a dealt sequential royal Royal paid 500k+. I know the AP who hit it.
    Thanks. Purely for curiosity, I hope I run into one someday.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

Easy way to explain the odds is with roulette or say a 2 card Poker hand. Odds of back to back same number on a double zero wheel are 1 in 38. Odds of a specific number, say 8, coming up back to back BEFORE spinning is 38 x 38 = 1 in 1444. In Holdem, odds of getting aces back to back is 1 in 221 AFTER getting the first aces. Odds that the next two consecutive hands are aces BEFORE being dealt cards is 221 x 221 = 1 in 48,841. Alan is thinking along the lines of getting a redraw royal AFTER you already have that throw away hand. So you both are right depending on the circumstances.
    I suppose you could increase those odds of a redraw royal by throwing away a hand like 22224

Thread Information