Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: The 18 yo's

Monet raises a good point about eating faster. I think the strategy is to eat more before your blood sugar rises.

When people are on a diet the strategy is to eat slow so you give your body a chance to feel full. But when you want to eat more, do it quickly before digestion has a chance to tell your body it's full.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Monet raises a good point about eating faster. I think the strategy is to eat more before your blood sugar rises.

When people are on a diet the strategy is to eat slow so you give your body a chance to feel full. But when you want to eat more, do it quickly before digestion has a chance to tell your body it's full.
    I forgot about breathing too. I can't tell what he is doing with his breathing but your supposed to treat it like when you swim. You should have a certain rhythm. I am sure that Mission knows a lot of this but when I watched the video it seems he made some serious mistakes. I heard someone in the background say he had been in Vegas for a couple days prior to the challenge and had been drinking and wearing himself thin staying up and not well rested so that is another problem.

This is a quote from a professional...

THERE’S NO SUCH THING AS PACING YOURSELF.

Competitive eaters are not Fletcherizing. In fact, they're doing pretty much the opposite, chewing only two or three times before swallowing. “You’re just getting it to the point of getting it down,” Salem says. In a Nathan’s contest, each plate has five hot dogs and buns, three on the bottom and two on top. He separates them, grabs two hot dogs and breaks them in half, and starts eating. Meanwhile, with his other hand, he’s dunking a hot dog bun in the cup of water and, as he eats that, he breaks two more hot dogs. And he does this, over and over, as fast as he can.

“It’s a race against your body,” he says. “After minute three, you start to slow down. If you’re pacing the same number throughout, then something is really wrong. You’re not going to get a very high number. You need to just go balls to the wall and then cruise as best as you can to the finish.”

I would want no part of this sort of thing these days but maybe 15-20 years ago I would of messed with it. I would of trained and got serious about it though and wanted to bet some serious money on it. I always wanted to do this 9lb hamburger challenge at the Las Vegas Club but got talked out of it many times. They only had one person beat it and I am pretty sure it was Sonya Thomas.

In this challenge you paid 50 dollars up front and if you beat it they gave you your money back. The funny thing was that you had 24 hours to complete it. You could have them wrap up your food and put it in the fridge and come back later. I would think that it could easily be beaten and still am surprised of only one winner while it was active. At least that is how I remember the whole thing. I could be wrong about some of this since I am going off of memory.

Anyways I found this strategy to be funny but I would of got into it if I was doing this 100 McNugget Challenge...

WATER IS A COMPETITIVE EATER’S MOST IMPORTANT TRAINING TOOL.

He needed to increase his stomach capacity, which he did by drinking large amounts of water. Salem worked his way up to a gallon, which he can now drink in under a minute—and does so almost daily when he’s preparing for a competition.

“You have to go up and up and up,” he says. “It’s conditioning. Most people can work their way up to a gallon in a month. A gallon weighs eight pounds. In the majority of contests, we’re not consuming that amount of capacity. Joey Chestnut will consume maybe 5 or 6 pounds. If you do a gallon of water, you’re competitive with most of the eaters.” (He stresses that this strategy is for the pros—you definitely shouldn’t try it at home!)

Two or three times a week, Salem steams 6 to 8 pounds of broccoli and cauliflower, adds “a couple of pounds of sauerkraut,” and eats it in about 20 minutes—“at a fast pace, but not in contest mode”—then washes it down with a gallon of water.

----------------

6 to 8 Pounds of Broccoli and Cauliflower and washes the whole thing down with a Gallon of Water in about 20 minutes!!
    Last edited by monet; 08-08-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    I would want no part of this sort of thing these days but maybe 15-20 years ago I would of messed with it. I would of trained and got serious about it though and wanted to bet some serious money on it. I always wanted to do this 9lb hamburger challenge at the Las Vegas Club but got talked out of it many times. They only had one person beat it and I am pretty sure it was Sonya Thomas.

In this challenge you paid 50 dollars up front and if you beat it they gave you your money back. The funny thing was that you had 24 hours to complete it. You could have them wrap up your food and put it in the fridge and come back later. I would think that it could easily be beaten and still am surprised of only one winner while it was active. At least that is how I remember the whole thing. I could be wrong about some of this since I am going off of memory.

Anyways I found this strategy to be funny but I would of got into it if I was doing this 100 McNugget Challenge...

WATER IS A COMPETITIVE EATER’S MOST IMPORTANT TRAINING TOOL.

He needed to increase his stomach capacity, which he did by drinking large amounts of water. Salem worked his way up to a gallon, which he can now drink in under a minute—and does so almost daily when he’s preparing for a competition.

“You have to go up and up and up,” he says. “It’s conditioning. Most people can work their way up to a gallon in a month. A gallon weighs eight pounds. In the majority of contests, we’re not consuming that amount of capacity. Joey Chestnut will consume maybe 5 or 6 pounds. If you do a gallon of water, you’re competitive with most of the eaters.” (He stresses that this strategy is for the pros—you definitely shouldn’t try it at home!)

Two or three times a week, Salem steams 6 to 8 pounds of broccoli and cauliflower, adds “a couple of pounds of sauerkraut,” and eats it in about 20 minutes—“at a fast pace, but not in contest mode”—then washes it down with a gallon of water.

----------------

6 to 8 Pounds of Broccoli and Cauliflower and washes the whole thing down with a Gallon of Water in about 20 minutes!!

Wasn't there someone who died attempting to drink a gallon of milk in two minutes or something like that?

Originally Posted by Kentry View Post
    Wasn't there someone who died attempting to drink a gallon of milk in two minutes or something like that?
    They did put a disclaimer in the article that this was for professionals only and you should never try this at home. You obviously have to work your way up.

In my last post I forgot to add that he also eats about 2 pounds of sauerkraut.

So that is 6 to 8 Pounds of Steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower plus 2 pounds of Sauerkraut and a Gallon of Water in 20 minutes!
    Mind you that they stated that a gallon of water is 8 pounds!

Poker Grinder did it in 53 mins and 47 seconds but you can see going slow is a major problem.

Not to mention he is drinking fake lemonade and what appears to be soda.

He also opted to use a lot of condiments as well which creates more weight and problems.

It is like these guys just woke up one day and tried it with no research or training.

Grinder seemed to have the same problem of wiping his hands on his clothes every time.
    At least this video was heavily edited but just like Mission146 you see the same level of boredom or what they call focus.
    Nobody looks like they are really having fun even if they are on the inside.

These guys moved the location over to the Plaza obviously!
    They even got the McDonald's Sign in the Video!

Tom did 150 in 57 minutes but it is clear he had more knowledge and trained but still made a bunch of theoretical mistakes.
    From what I watched I would guess he had about 6 to 6.5 pounds in his system and it shows on his face.

Last edited by monet; 08-08-2018 at 10:00 PM.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    These guys moved the location over to the Plaza obviously!
    They even got the McDonald's Sign in the Video!

Tom did 150 in 57 minutes but it is clear he had more knowledge and trained but still made a bunch of theoretical mistakes.
    From what I watched I would guess he had about 6 to 6.5 pounds in his system and it shows on his face.

Tom is a beast, I strongly believe he can eat 200 nuggets for the right amount of money involved.

Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Tom is a beast, I strongly believe he can eat 200 nuggets for the right amount of money involved.
    Possible but I doubt it.

You can see he ate one at a time but he did put down abut 80-85 in 15 minutes.
    The next 40 minutes he ate 65-70.
    So you can see how the Wall was pushing back on him.

200 nuggets is 7.5 pounds.
    Tom was drinking and using condiments so add some more weight to the equation.
    The Pros and I mean the Best Pro can eat 15 pounds or more in 12 minutes.

If he changed up his tactics and trained for a month or two stretching his stomach he might make it.
    Extending the Time Limit doesn't really matter because he only has to improve on getting more nuggets down quicker.
    He needs to chew less and put 3 or 4 in his mouth at a time.
    No Sitting Down and he shouldn't use sauces.
    95 Degree Water used mostly for lubricant.

His style is kinda like Man vs Food... he is just eating through on will power.

Some Beast though with that look and his South Park T Shirt.

Quick Answers:

1.) Yeah, but you risk blowing chunks if you're going to go full hog at it. I know that normally you would want to eat as fast as possible, but I was putting a huge premium, as I said, on not just absolutely blowing chunks. When you go super fast you risk getting overfull and then next thing you know...Happens in an instant. Maybe not an instant, I mean, you'd get to a garbage can...but that would have just fucked up the whole rest of the night.

2.) Correct, I was not well-rested. The only thing I didn't do was drink alcohol the night before, but I was still up pretty late. I partied pretty hard the first couple of days that I was there.

3.) Anyway, you're wrong about the pacing myself and condiments being, "Mistakes." I don't really care if you choose to believe me or not, but my stomach was nowhere near capacity. It was not protesting at all. Big mistake had I been going for 150, or something like that, for 100, my stomach was cruising along just fine.

4.) Mainly, I was just congested as hell which is why I coughed up so much mucus. You don't see it in the video, but I stopped to blow my nose a bunch of times and sneezed once or twice. I probably blew my nose ten or more times. I ended up getting all clogged with mucus.

---I chalk my failure up to not being used to such dry air and not being well-rested. Were I rested, the congestion probably wouldn't have been as bad.

How do you guys get involved in this?

How does someone as smart as you allow them to film you with your face directly in a public street garbage can and continue on and on with it?

Did you not have any say in the editing process?

Why would your good friend allow you to humiliate yourself like this on Video for everyone to see over and over again?

It is a little humiliating isn't it?
    Quicker Answers, in order:

1.) Don't know.
    2.) Didn't know I was being filmed the first time I was in the garbage can. The camera was mounted on a tripod inside when I went outside.
    3.) No, I was never asked about it. I didn't see the video until I got back.
    4.) What, all 800 times? I think about 700 of them are LarryS and yourself.
    5.) No, not really. I don't take myself all that seriously, if you want to know the truth. You have celebrity-type people doing stuff like the Carolina Reaper challenge, puking, crying like schoolchildren...they're rich! If they're rich and they can laugh at themselves, then why can't I?

Don't worry, if I apply for any bank jobs, I'm not going to lead with the McNuggets Challenge on my resume'.

Are you sure you're not mickey's proud son he never knew he had?

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    No, I'm not sure.

Mickey, did you ever nail a tall and curly-haired nineteen year-old brunette in the area of Wheeling, WV on or about March of 1983?

(I abandoned your thirty second weekly limit for that post because it was funny enough to deserve a response. Well done.)

If this girl can eat 120 Chicken Mcnuggets in 16 minutes without any stomach problems I think it is safe that Mission146 could do so as well. She ate a ton of sweet and sour sauce. I think that is a mistake but it seems many people like to add the sauce. I noticed many pros just use a little water to help swallow with no sauce. Check the 3 minute Mcnugget World Records which are around 36-40 last I checked but they have to use one arm only and one nugget at a time... sorta. She also chose to sit down and do it.

Former Miss Earth New Zealand Nela Zisser, from Christchurch, has set herself a new challenge just less than two weeks after scoffing down a 2.3 Kilogram/5.07 Pound burrito in under five minutes.

I'll be straight with you: You have no idea how awful those things taste when you cross the 40-50 mark. Sauce is imperative, at least, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Mission146; 08-11-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    No, I'm not sure.

Mickey, did you ever nail a tall and curly-haired nineteen year-old brunette in the area of Wheeling, WV on or about March of 1983?

(I abandoned your thirty second weekly limit for that post because it was funny enough to deserve a response. Well done.)
    I was in Alaska for all of 1983 so it wasn't me.

Rob was born when his father copulated with a jackass. Rob takes after his mother.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Thread Information