Thread: Forum Rules

Dan is cleaning this place up; fine.

Dan refers to forum rules: also fine.

Problem is, there are no clearly delineated forum rules, not that I can see.

No sticky leading to them, that's for sure.

IIRC he at one time mentioned a few rules in a thread but that is not enough.

Dan should promulgate and post his forum rules via stick like they do at WoV.

He might also consider annointing alan as this forum's version of Babs
    What, Me Worry?

really what good is a list of rules. Once yu have the list then you will have people complaining about the interpretation of each rule.

mickey crimm crying that rule number 3 needs to be enforced

monet challenging that rule number 3 was unfairly enforced in being too strict

alan challenging that the punishment for rule number 3 should have been more severe.

you end up with a 600 page thread like they have at wov talking about the high crimes perpetrated and the punishments or lack thereof

Sometimes I think a list of rules is more disruptive,

once you have rules like "no trolling" or no insults" like at wov..then the fun begins when someone is suspended for calling someone "a real genius" whiles someone else is allowed to call someone "idiotic". Its happened at wov many times. And then there is the definition of "troll"...where soomeone on the wrong side of an issue can more easily be viewed as "trolling". Again..its happened.over and over at wov.

Sure, people love to argue and split hairs, no question.

Dan however has referred to there being forum rules, but none are posted for easy reference.

I have a constructive suggestion for him: cut and paste all or those of the WoV forum rules that he wishes to adopt.

Their rules are OK: the issue arrives as to how rules are enforced.

In that regard appoint a mod or two to help enforce the rules.

Have a section to discuss the rules and their enforcement.

Finally, Dan and the mods had best be diligent in policing the forum or else the inmates will once again run amok.
    What, Me Worry?

everyone here has gone over the top, and crossed the line more than once....except dan. A few here are either socks or dumb as a box of rocks.And one pperson has prove to have no sense of reality or credibility.

so howdoes he selct a "mod"

a mod without history would be good if it could be found.

FYP:
    Originally Posted by LarryS View Post
    a mod without a clue would be good if it could be found.

The dynamic duo: Tasha and Kentry!

In the immortal words of Dan Quayle: "What a terrible thing to have lost one's mind. Or not to have a mind at all. How true that is."
    Last edited by MisterV; 08-10-2018 at 01:12 PM.
    What, Me Worry?

ok that that was an unauthorized misquote

dan....oh dan...........waaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaa

Misquote?

It didn't seem right to me either, but this source says it is:

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/dan_quayle_163724
    What, Me Worry?

YOU ARE FUCKING WITH ME...... you know how I amadverse to being misquoted......you know I dont like it....you know I want you to stop......but yet you continue.........

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

This isn't true. I won't complain directly to anyone or about anything. I will just ask a question like why is this thread in the Las Vegas Forum. I might make fun of the Enforcer when they prove a double standard because that shit is funny. Just like WoV will lie and look the other way for the people they like but if they aren't in the inner circle they get the boot. I'll make a comment about that. I also never PM anyone. As a matter of fact I usually just delete PMs that are sent to me. Including when Dan sends me a PM... I just send that shit to the trash and delete it. I say my thoughts in public on the Forums for all to read. I don't cry or tattle. I don't follow the rules. So when the rules will be drawn up and actually enforced I will rebel and get banned. I might create a few socks after that and get caught and banned until I lose interest and never post again after that.

Same thing that happened to me at WoV.

I still have some socks over there but I don't post over there anymore with any of them.

I did sign up at that Black Jack site of Norms to talk about the El Cortel Thread but after it died and they all got banned I haven't stepped foot in the place.

When I owned this site I had "the cocktail party rule" which simply said if you wouldn't say it at a friend's house during a cocktail party you shouldn't say it here on the forum.

Really?

People get drunk at cocktail parties.

Drunks say all sorts of mean-spirited, vile, insulting remarks.

No, a list of specific rules would be better, I think, with a benign dictator enforcing them.

That's the problem with WoV: the dictatorship is not benign enough.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post

Let me get this straight if I can....a fat, 70 yr old,pot stirring,transgender punk lawyer, needs a set of rules so he can know how to behave on the internet?....I think I`ve seen it all now...Pathetic

Originally Posted by Keystone View Post
    Originally Posted by MisterV View Post

Let me get this straight if I can....a fat, 70 yr old,pot stirring,transgender punk lawyer, needs a set of rules so he can know how to behave on the internet?....I think I`ve seen it all now...Pathetic
    You forgot chameleon!? Fucking V for Vagina!

really what good is a list of rules. Once yu have the list then you will have people complaining about the interpretation of each rule.

alan challenging that the punishment for rule number 3 should have been more severe.

you end up with a 600 page thread like they have at wov talking about the high crimes perpetrated and the punishments or lack thereof

once you have rules like "no trolling" or no insults" like at wov..then the fun begins when someone is suspended for calling someone "a real genius" whiles someone else is allowed to call someone "idiotic". Its happened at wov many times. And then there is the definition of "troll"...where soomeone on the wrong side of an issue can more easily be viewed as "trolling". Again..its happened.over and over at wov.
    You forgot to insert "larry crying about the rules being enforced."
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    You forgot to insert "larry crying about the rules being enforced."
    I tried to find this post by LarryS but I think it was deleted. It came into response when the warning to him was issued that all he had to do was apologize and this doxxer wouldn't release his information. Mickeycrimm had brought it to our attention that LarryS had been warned on another site.

Of course LarryS got all puffed up and said he didn't care and that this has happened many times in the years past and nothing came of it.

Now LarryS has to go dark and file paperwork. His last post was something that said he is sorry if he hurt anyone and their feelings. He stated that all this time it was in good humor. LOL... years and years of good humor?? Amazing! If you missed this post where he is begging for people to help him even though he believes he has no right to ask anyone for anything here it is...

To all
    something additional happened last night, which changed this from an amusing prank to something else. I have been advised to say little, and just go dark while things are taken care of.

So if poets intention was to get me off the message boards....then mission accomplished.

Again, the less said the better. It was fun.

to those that engaged me in good debates, thank you. and to those who couldnt or wouldnt well maybe you will get the chance again, or maybe not....but no hard feelings on my part and sorry if feelings were hurt on your end.

i need to go and fill out some paperwork.. take care.....

I have no right or am in no position to ask anything of anyone.....but if you can just let this thread die.....and move on with everything else. I personally wont be reading this site or others...but thats all i will say and conclude with

LarrySchnitzer
    Last edited by monet; 08-14-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Thread Information