Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for Slapinfunk

Originally Posted by SLaPiNFuNK View Post
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Getting back to the "royal weekend." Perhaps my memory is off from six years ago. What was your net result from all that play?
    Net loss... Probably -$500
    And just to be sure you're not criticized I want to remind everyone that when you hit the progressive royal at Bellagio for $26,000+ you had a net profit over $20,000 and I think you also hit for $4,000 on TDB at Gold Strike on the ride home.

Getting back to the "royal weekend." Perhaps my memory is off from six years ago. What was your net result from all that play?
    Net loss... Probably -$500
    And just to be sure you're not criticized I want to remind everyone that when you hit the progressive royal at Bellagio for $26,000+ you had a net profit over $20,000 and I think you also hit for $4,000 on TDB at Gold Strike on the ride home.
    Yes, this trip with you I was stuck waiting for you to leave. So kept playing.

The Bellagio I was on my own so was able to leave when I wanted to...

I hit for $26K at Bellagio. Had some other hand pay 4OAK's. Took a check for $20K home. Had $8K. Went to the $100 Wheel of Fortune. Put over $6K into it and didn't get a single spin.... On the way home I stopped at Gold Strike and hit 4AWK on a 5 line $1 Triple Double Bonus for $4K and ran out.

There was a time I got to Rincon with you. First $100 in the $1 progressive I hit for $4.5K ish... I wanted to leave, you wouldn't leave, I sat and watched you for a while, then got bored, started to play and left with a net loss.

Losing it back happens to all of us. Even the APs.

When I hit something significant, like a $4,000 Royal, I take it in the form of a check. Since I cannot stuff a check in the machines, I am essentially forced to leave that trip with a profit.

Thanks for the photos.

FAB

Partially true. I am not familiar with doing that, except during the 6 years I was a "strong" ap.

Originally Posted by FABismonte View Post
    When I hit something significant, like a $4,000 Royal, I take it in the form of a check. Since I cannot stuff a check in the machines, I am essentially forced to leave that trip with a profit.

Thanks for the photos.

FAB
    So if you hit the royal during the first hour of play, and you're in Vegas for a weekend, is that the end of your play?

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Partially true. I am not familiar with doing that, except during the 6 years I was a "strong" ap.
    Exactly what payscales were you playing when you were an "AP?" What denom? Did you work cashback and for what amounts? Could you explain the details of the promotions you worked....if you worked any?
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

This is all the photo evidence I have. I think this covers all the hand pays or significant wins. I feel like there was another Royal in there but I can't imagine not taking a photo of it. Even back then...

I do remember going home with $30K in W2G's and putting over 40,000 total reward points, this is before they did bonuses...
    Thanks for taking the time to post all this. I would say congratulations on all the nice hits, but since you lost I don't know what to say. 3-way action is a rough game as far as variance and I can't imagine most people know the correct strategy for that game or even come close.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I only see one legit single line Royal flush? I wouldn't have counted the 3-way action RF since I believe the cycle is much shorter than a regular RF cycle. I would have stated it can't be any special games. But Let's count the 3 way-action RF for argument sake. Hell, let's toss in another Royal for the hell of it. I'm still not counting 5 Royals, even if we tossed in the multi-line Royal.

Your father said you hit 5 SINGLE LINE royals in one day and still lost. I called BS many times. He insisted it happened many times. Your Father Alan was as sure that it happend just as sure as he was that he seen 18 yo's in a row. FYI: The and still lost was not even the biggest issue as far as I was concerned. It just made it even more unbelievable. He even went so far as to propose a bet with me and said something about having you come on and show the w2g's. I didn't even know who you were at the time so I wouldn't make a bet that relied solely on someone posting up some pictures of W2'gs. I would have needed a little more proof than that as far as a bet goes.

There were some people who thought it might have happened, but I never believed it one bit. I didn't even think you had hit 4 in one day.
    I'm sure people have, I just didn't think your Dad was telling the truth(way too many gambling big fish stories), and it seems as if I was 100% right.

Thanks for being honest.

I guess the apple actully does fall VERY far from the tree.
    Last edited by AxelWolf; 08-22-2018 at 08:18 PM.

Well AxelWolf I guess I was wrong about all the single line royals. I hope you're very happy now. Congratulations.

Hum, Alan didn't tell the truth? Dishonest? Lied?

Perhaps I am being too harsh. Maybe he just exaggerated a bit. He has been known to do that.....18 y.o.'s in a row ya know.

Kewlj I know you want to call me a liar and dishonest. It comes as no surprise. So go ahead. Bask in the spotlight.

Well AxelWolf I guess I was wrong about all the single line royals. I hope you're very happy now. Congratulations.
    YOU ABSOLUTELY LIED, AND BY BIG FACTOR. He hit 2 single line Royals...NOT 5!!!! And one shouldn't even count since it's not what you were trying to imply when you made the statements. It would be like me saying I hit 10 single line royals today but I didn't explain they had wild cards.

It's just like I thought, when you want to make a point you just make up numbers(who know what other shit you make up, or is it just numbers?). How can you expect us to believe anything you say!!!??? NVM, we never really did, but at least now you can't claim with a straight face that you have journalistic integrity and therefore you should be believed. Anyone that ever actully thought there was a chance you seen 18 yo's in a row(all 3 people) can now be assured you made that shit up, just like you did this.

According to my estimate on how badly you lied about the 5 royals, I have to estimate you only actully seen 3.6 yo's in a row.

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    And one shouldn't even count since it's not what you were trying to imply when you made the statements.
    What was he trying to imply?

Yes, the over/under on the number of yos Alan actually saw in a row is about 3.5

I don’t think he deliberately lies. I believe he thinks he is honest. His memory is just hazy and selective.

Kewlj

Bask in the spotlight.
    So very tempting. I'll behave.

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    And one shouldn't even count since it's not what you were trying to imply when you made the statements.
    I said many times Jason hit four single line $4,000 royals plus a fifth $4,000 pay in 24 hours. I was wrong. Jason raised the question that he might have hit another royal without a photo but he doubts it.

He did come home with $30k in W2Gs and unfortunately he did finish with a $500 loss. I still would call it a great run.

I've known players who dropped thousands playing in one night. Even losing $8800 when they thought they were playing with an edge.

He did come home with $30k in W2Gs and unfortunately he did finish with a $500 loss.
    Your point was that he hit an unusual amount of big winners in one day,
    and still finished with a loss?

You saw him hit for $4K and commented "that's the same as a royal",
    it's understandable that some years later you'd remember that as a royal.

No big deal, but it's really been bugging what I understand to be a very little man,
    for a very long time.

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    That his son hit 5 single line royals on a standard 5 card draw poker game and still lost. IIRC someone even did some kind of calculation given an estimated number of hands(I could be wrong about that). Failing to mention he was also playing 30 coins(that probably accounts for some of the loseing that happend) on a high variance game on a game that probably has a short cycle is shiesty.

But let's count it anyways. It's still not even close to the 5 Royals in 24 hours that he claims happened.

Axel: Do you believe I hit three $2 royals and four aces w/kicker on a single line $2 machine at South Point in one hour and 45 minutes, including all the waiting for the handpays...and do you believe I'm no longer welcome there to play?

Kewlj I know you want to call me a liar and dishonest. It comes as no surprise. So go ahead. Bask in the spotlight.
    Alan, I don't care that you exaggerated the number of your son's royals on this trip. It is human nature to remember things incorrectly, maybe a little better than they were. This plays into "selective memory". I have long suspected that was the case with the 18 Y.o.'s in a row. I suspect you saw some, I don't know how many and the "tale" just sort of grew. And once the math was explained, you probably didn't know how to back track. I am trying to give you the benefit of doubt here.

But in many other instances during my year here, selective memory, nor exaggerating wasn't part of the equation. You just flat out lied and manipulated things said, pictures taken, just about everything. I can not give you the benefit of doubt on these. You intentionally have been dishonest and manipulative.

Now, moving on, I enjoyed seeing Jason's jackpots and hearing of this trip. I always enjoy trip reports and such. But there is one thing, I find odd. For the year I have heard about this trip, every time Alan mentioned it, he emphasized that Jason did not win despite hitting a number (exaggerated number) of Royals and various other hand pays. When I say emphasized, it is almost as though Alan takes pride in that, in some odd way. Alan does similar when he talks about never having had a winning year including years that he hit 100k Royals. It just seems like he says that with some bizarre sort of pride. Maybe it's me.

Maybe it IS me. Being an AP, the fact that Jason didn't win on this trip, is the bottom line to me. Maybe I just don't know how to look at it from a regular gambler's view point. The regular gambler might say, I played, hit all these Royals and other significant hand pays, and came close to breaking even while having a fun trip. I just can't relate to that.

Anyway, so tell me how the holiday dinners go. You guys (Alan and Jason) sit around reminiscing about such a trip, talking about the all big payouts, maybe show a few pictures. And then someone in the family chimes in and asks what you did with the winnings and you respond "No winnings, I lost money". Just seems odd to me.

But I did enjoy reading about it. Thanks for posting and going back and locating the pictures.

Thread Information