Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Druff Retires From Gambling

Originally Posted by regnis View Post
    Maybe let's not write Dan off yet. Hopefully he regains his health and can continue the site
    Absolutely

Yeah, just cross your fingers, do what the docs tell you to do and hope for the best.
    What, Me Worry?

Dan Druff leaving poker is like taking away apple pie from America. He hope he doesnt retire, BUT I also have some ideas for him as well. I am hoping to get him more involved in the firearm scene in the future.

I don't really know you Dan but from reading your posts you seem like a really nice guy who stayed above the nastiness present in online forums.
    From what I saw of your baseball betting you are very talented in sports betting. I don't play poker but I read about some of your big scores in Wikipedia.

I hope you get well and I wish you the best for the future in whatever you choose to do.
    please don't feed the trolls

Dan has made a post or two in the last couple of days over at PFA.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    I just went over to PFA. Dan is talking about shutting that forum down. I wonder what is in store for us here at VCT.
    Looks like you're ran out of forums to call home. You don't give a fuck about Dan, your just worried about your own obvious lonely self, having no way to communicate with the outside world.

You pathetic degenerate asshole. Maybe you'll be forced back into a bottle. (which I suspect you never left, just to make everyone think you were normal) LOSER
    How could anyone NOT agree with the truthfulness of this post?

Regardless....the first post said mickey "thinks" Dan's having a health issue. I know nothing about twitter and don't want to. Did he actually say his health was failing? He's not that old, is he?

I don't see a reason to keep a forum like this going anyway. Recently I posted about the true shock to mickey's life if he no longer had this place to troll others on. I for one would thoroughly enjoy thinking about him wallowing in lonely pain over something so meaningless as losing a forum. Gulp gulp.

Be well Dan.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
    I just went over to PFA. Dan is talking about shutting that forum down. I wonder what is in store for us here at VCT.
    Looks like you're ran out of forums to call home. You don't give a fuck about Dan, your just worried about your own obvious lonely self, having no way to communicate with the outside world.

You pathetic degenerate asshole. Maybe you'll be forced back into a bottle. (which I suspect you never left, just to make everyone think you were normal) LOSER
    How could anyone NOT agree with the truthfulness of this post?

Regardless....the first post said mickey "thinks" Dan's having a health issue. I know nothing about twitter and don't want to. Did he actually say his health was failing? He's not that old, is he?

I don't see a reason to keep a forum like this going anyway. Recently I posted about the true shock to mickey's life if he no longer had this place to troll others on. I for one would thoroughly enjoy thinking about him wallowing in lonely pain over something so meaningless as losing a forum. Gulp gulp.

Be well Dan.
    Rob will be lost if this forum goes down. He's been banned from here 3 times and came crawling back 3 times.

This site is low maintenance compared to PFA. Over Dan was having to keep up with all the shennanigans going on in the poker world. That's a lot of work. Not so here.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Ive talked to Dan some and I believe he is sincere in quitting gambling.. I think maybe if he refocuses on other things and leave poker as just a cool hobby instead of living and dying based on his results.. The pressure to perform as a poker player day in and day out is hard enough of these 20 something millenials, Dan being basically middleaged and discovering what I have, that turning 40 shit starts going south. It likely boils down that hes concerned his health is going sideways as there is some history of fairly serious issues in the family and his son is now 8 and wanting to see him grow up vs the fear of his son growing up without him because stress caused him to have a heart attack and drop dead before he's 50..

So cliffs.. I believe in my heart Dan will still gamble and play around some but only that which he can do for fun and not seriously affect his life one way or the other.. Basically if he loses no big deal but if he wins great its a bonus.. Dan likes playing poker its in his blood but maybe Dan plays some lower stakes for fun vs playing high stakes limit and getting chest pains and anxiety when he takes a 10k hit one night..

Dan does have some health issues.. If you search on PFA you can find out but just in case.. He went to the MD due to some chronic sore throat and issues he was having..He was diagnosed essentially with the same thing my wife has which is a form of reflux disorder which had seriously irritated his upper airway and throat.. Hes had so much discomfort from it hes had issues sleeping.. To boot hes having issues with the meds the MD originally prescribed.. As a nurse myself hes having a rare side effect in that the PPI (think Nexium. Priolosec, Protonix) is causing other issues unrelated to the reflux issue.. I suspect Druff is going to probably end up going to a GI MD and having a full endoscopy done to check everything from his throat to his gut to ensure nothingelse is going on.. Dan I believe is also having some underlying anxiety which lead to the gambling announcement.. Druff has always been concerned about heart issues as their is some significant history in his family which I also get.. Maybe if he gets everything checked it will alleviate his concerns as I don't know if and when he had a regular full fledged physical...

Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Dan does have some health issues.. If you search on PFA you can find out but just in case.. He went to the MD due to some chronic sore throat and issues he was having..He was diagnosed essentially with the same thing my wife has which is a form of reflux disorder which had seriously irritated his upper airway and throat.. Hes had so much discomfort from it hes had issues sleeping.. To boot hes having issues with the meds the MD originally prescribed.. As a nurse myself hes having a rare side effect in that the PPI (think Nexium. Priolosec, Protonix) is causing other issues unrelated to the reflux issue.. I suspect Druff is going to probably end up going to a GI MD and having a full endoscopy done to check everything from his throat to his gut to ensure nothingelse is going on.. Dan I believe is also having some underlying anxiety which lead to the gambling announcement.. Druff has always been concerned about heart issues as their is some significant history in his family which I also get.. Maybe if he gets everything checked it will alleviate his concerns as I don't know if and when he had a regular full fledged physical...
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully, all goes well.

Dan, wishing you the best. Stay away from spicy foods and try to get a lot of rest. You might want to get tested for Helicobacter Pylori which is a bacteria that can cause GI irritation and can be killed with antibiotics.
    Cheers, TP.

Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Then he has no real choice but to eliminate anything that might be the cause of stress in his life. I had a close friend who, in his early 50's, discovered the dangers of ignoring constant acid reflux & heartburn issues over the years. Esophageal cancer was the result, and he passed away at 60. It was a combination of certain foods of course, not cutting back on the alcohol, and being a high stress individual that did him in.

If Dan has that and is a candidate for heart issues, then being in his 40's there's time to right the ship.

Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    I wish Dan the best.

I don't know him well, but he has worked tirelessly to benefit the poker community, which benefits the gambling community on the whole. Aside from that, from what little I have read from him, he seems like a pretty cool guy.
    You have made it crystal clear that doxxing someone is wrong and you are against it.
    However, you praise Dan for his Whistle Blowing in the Poker Community and tell us that it not only improves Poker but the Gaming Industry as a whole for the player?

Can you explain the difference between doxxing someone or whistle blowing/ratting on someone?
    I see a difference but not much that would warrant such praise.
    In my mind it is basically the same exact thing.
    Might as well call the FBI on your neighbor since they are all about See Something Say Something.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    I wish Dan the best.

I don't know him well, but he has worked tirelessly to benefit the poker community, which benefits the gambling community on the whole. Aside from that, from what little I have read from him, he seems like a pretty cool guy.
    You have made it crystal clear that doxxing someone is wrong and you are against it.
    However, you praise Dan for his Whistle Blowing in the Poker Community and tell us that it not only improves Poker but the Gaming Industry as a whole for the player?

Can you explain the difference between doxxing someone or whistle blowing/ratting on someone?
    Might as well call the FBI on your neighbor since they are all about See Something Say Something.
    I've said it before. If you want to go to Doxxing Central then go to the 2+2 Forums. Poker players dox the hell out of each other. But in their defense there have been a lot of scams in online poker and the players feel the scammers deserve to be doxxed.

I wish Dan the best.

I've said it before. If you want to go to Doxxing Central then go to the 2+2 Forums. Poker players dox the hell out of each other. But in their defense there have been a lot of scams in online poker and the players feel the scammers deserve to be doxxed.
    There you go again mickey....trying to feel like you belong in every corner of the gaming galaxy by combing thru every forum imaginable.

Why would anyone take an even money wager when they are 6/5 underdogs? What is the motivation? I would wager on Argentino myself, given the set-up. Why is anyone giving this idea an ounce of credibility?

I'm still waiting for someone to take me up on my big challenge -- I guarantee I'll win 45% of my sports wagers this year.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    I'm still waiting for someone to take me up on my big challenge -- I guarantee I'll win 45% of my sports wagers this year.
    Lay out the parameters, ditz, and you may have a taker.

When we meet to settle up, we can commence with our Olympic challenge.

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Lay out the parameters, ditz, and you may have a taker.

When we meet to settle up, we can commence with our Olympic challenge.
    I can take any teams I like. Minimum of 200 plays. No maximum (kind of like Rob). Any problems with that?

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post

There you go again mickey....trying to feel like you belong in every corner of the gaming galaxy by combing thru every forum imaginable.
    There you go again, Rob. Making an ignoramus out of yourself again. They are laughing at you, not with you.

Thread Information