Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Dan Druff Retires From Gambling

A prostate biopsy is NOT pleasurable.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I have an unpleasant medical test tomorrow that I've been dreading for weeks.
    Anel exam? One man's fear is another man's pleasure.
    What an idiot.

First, I see you were a classmate of mickeycrimm. It's "anal". And Dan mentioned upper respiratory problems. But to AP's, everything comes out the ass.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    What an idiot.

First, I see you were a classmate of mickeycrimm. It's "anal". And Dan mentioned upper respiratory problems. But to AP's, everything comes out the ass.
    I'm sure he knows I was joking. You on the other hand, have said far worst things than I have, and sadly I dont think you are joking.

You should have stopped at "I don't think" because that's what you people do best. And the people I've pounded into the ground when unpleasant issues befall them completely deserve it. I don't see where Dan's current situation warrants a dumb joke.

Whenever Axel speaks, you have to assume he's drunk. Regardless the times of any posts.

There is no room for joking when an illness is involved. I wish Dan the best always. Unlike some of you I've had more than a taste of illness and disease. I can really appreciate good health while others take it for granted.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    There is no room for joking when an illness is involved. I wish Dan the best always. Unlike some of you I've had more than a taste of illness and disease. I can really appreciate good health while others take it for granted.
    I'm glad you think you are king of illness. I have no doubt many others have had just as many health issues as you have. Not everyone feels the need to yap about it on forums. Unlike you, they probably have failmily(who they didn't screw over) and friends other than Rob Singer to confide in and find support. I'm sure your craps dealers love to talk about it with you.

It's obvious your illnesses have affected your brain tremendously.

I can and will joke about anything and everything.

Dan please ban AxelWolf for being a troll and for joking about your illness.

What an idiot.

Rob is anal retentive.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    What an idiot.

Rob is anal retentive.
    More like anal receptive.

I'm glad you think you are king of illness. I have no doubt many others have had just as many health issues as you have. Not everyone feels the need to yap about it on forums. Unlike you, they probably have failmily(who they didn't screw over) and friends other than Rob Singer to confide in and find support. I'm sure your craps dealers love to talk about it with you.

You're like some old lady who just had her knitting taken away axel. One big baby. waaa....waaa....

Funny....I never saw you complain whenever kew felt it necessary to tell the forum about his blood or heart or whatever it was that landed the fool in the hospital. Lifestyles do have a way of coming back around on the deserving. And this is somebody who DEFINITELY would never be missed here.

Wise up.

If Aristotle really did write that life begins at 40, some of those guys have a long way to go, say, 90.
    78255585899=317*13723*17989=(310+7)*[(13730-7)*(100*100+7979+10)]-->LOVE avatar@137_371_179_791, or 137_371_17[3^2]_7[3^2]1, 1=V-->Ace, low. 78255585899-->99858555287=(99858555288-1)=[-1+(72*2227)*(722777-100000)]={-1+(72*2227)*[(2000+700777+20000)-100000]}-->1_722_227_277_772_1. 7×8×2×5×5×5×8×5×8×9×9=362880000=(1000000000-6√97020000-100000)-->169_721. (7/8×2/5×5/5×8/5×8/9×9)={[(-.1+.9)]^2×(6+1)}-->1961=√4*2.24; (1/7×8/2×5/5×5/8×5/8×9/9)={1/[7×(-.2+1)^2]}-->1721=[(10*10/4)/(√4+110)].

You're like some old lady who just had her knitting taken away axel.
    Seriously Brad. I mean Rob. Who goes around taking knitting supplies from little ol ladies? Little or not, I'd be pissed too.

Dan please ban AxelWolf for being a troll and for joking about your illness.
    Great response. It's nice to know you can't argue with the truth, at least in this case.

So you want Dan to ban me for what is an obvious joke. Please read Singer's post #111 below and tell me why that isn't more ban worthy than mine and why you are not calling for his ban as well? His wasn't even a joke, he was basically saying no one would care if KJ died from his illnesses.

You're like some old lady who just had her knitting taken away axel. One big baby. waaa....waaa....

Funny....I never saw you complain whenever kew felt it necessary to tell the forum about his blood or heart or whatever it was that landed the fool in the hospital. Lifestyles do have a way of coming back around on the deserving. And this is somebody who DEFINITELY would never be missed here.

Wise up.
    How was I complaining? I didn't complain. I don't remember KJ getting on his high horse claiming to be the king of illnesses. Yes, I remember him talking about some health issues. Since KJ and I have had some forum issues in the past where things got heated and went too far, I certainly wasn't going to make any jokes or comments about his health issues and telling us about it.

Again, I was fairly certain Dan could tell it was a joke. He is a big boy, so If he finds it offensive he can certainly tell me so and I will apologize. I'm certainly not going to apologize or feel bad just because you two bozos are trying to have a gotcha moment for your anti-AP camp.

Wise up.
    How was I complaining? I didn't complain. I don't remember KJ getting on his high horse claiming to be the king of illnesses. Yes, I remember him talking about some health issues. Since KJ and I have had some forum issues in the past where things got heated and went too far, I certainly wasn't going to make any jokes or comments about his health issues and telling us about it.

Again, I was fairly certain Dan could tell it was a joke. He is a big boy, so If he finds it offensive he can certainly tell me so and I will apologize. I'm certainly not going to apologize or feel bad just because you two bozos are trying to have a gotcha moment for your anti-AP camp.
    You're such a phony once you get your tit caught in a wringer. You chose to complain about Alan talking about his illness yet you let your buddy ap kew's blabbing about his aids issues slide. Makes people wonder if you're his back door man.

And make mickey jealous--go get an education. Then re-write 50% of your posts.

Okay, let's stop with the stupid arguing here.

The test I took yesterday was far easier than I expected.

It had to do with my LPR, and now I am back to thinking it's probably reflux causing it. I am now moving away from believing it was vocal abuse or unknown allergies, because the test strongly pointed away from those causes.

Also, I don't have throat cancer. So that's nice.

Unfortunately, the symptoms flared up big time last night (the worst in more than a month), probably as a result of my throat being irritated from the test. At least I hope that's the reason, because then it should go back to what it was before the test. Had a very hard time sleeping last night.

Just started a new supplement called D-Limonene which helps some people with LPR, so we will see if it does anything for me.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Is that the health condition where one way to resolve it is surgery with an unfortunate consequence: the inability to throw up ever again?
    What, Me Worry?

Okay, let's stop with the stupid arguing here.

The test I took yesterday was far easier than I expected.

It had to do with my LPR, and now I am back to thinking it's probably reflux causing it. I am now moving away from believing it was vocal abuse or unknown allergies, because the test strongly pointed away from those causes.

Also, I don't have throat cancer. So that's nice.

Unfortunately, the symptoms flared up big time last night (the worst in more than a month), probably as a result of my throat being irritated from the test. At least I hope that's the reason, because then it should go back to what it was before the test. Had a very hard time sleeping last night.

Just started a new supplement called D-Limonene which helps some people with LPR, so we will see if it does anything for me.
    I had to look up LPR--it seems to be a more serious form of acid reflux. Everyone gets that in its milder form now and then. Looks like all you have to do is eat smart, eliminate alcohol for good if you haven't already, don't smoke ever and avoid being around people who do or places where it's allowed, and never eat within 2 hours of hitting the hay. You also have the meds.

This doesn't sound like much of a sacrifice given the alternative. I have two friends in their mid 50's who had this same type of diagnosis. Both slowly but surely went off their diet, didn't care where they went as far as second hand smoke was concerned (one even still stupidly smoked), neither completely gave up alcohol. and both chose to rely heavily on their meds and chalk. Both died of esophagus/throat cancer. And it wasn't a pretty sight.

Follow your doctor's orders.

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Is that the health condition where one way to resolve it is surgery with an unfortunate consequence: the inability to throw up ever again?
    Yeah, there really is no surgical procedure that "fixes" LPR. Several prodecures that they have come up with in the last 20 years just do nothing at all and have already been stopped (some of the "band" devices), and a couple surgeries that they still do for severe cases have very limited results. Even after surgery, most patients need PPI treatment, which is what everyone who has LPR is trying to avoid longterm. Longterm PPI drugs have consequences.

As, you might have guessed by now, I have been suffering with LPR for about 7 years now. I shared my experience and things I have learned with Dan a month ago, including sort of diagnosing his condition before it was officially diagnosed. What he has shared has played out almost textbook, what I and others with LPR go through. for me, symptoms first surfaced as I was recovering from my first heart surgery in late 2011. Not knowing what it was I was convinced it was related to my heart surgery, but have been assured it has nothing to do with it, although, I still think there is some connection.

When you start having LPR symptoms, it is a very bad period (for me, very much complicated because I was recovering from heart surgery). It really disrupts your life and the worst part is trying to figure out what the F is going on.

Eventually you go to many doctors. LPR is only now becoming understand and initially, you will be diagnoses with regular acid reflux. LPR is not regular acid reflux and does not respond to typical acid reflux treatments. But treatment is initially down the road, first step is to figure out what you have. Most patients (including myself see numerous doctors. You go to throat doctors who tell you that it is acid reflux and send to stomach (gastro) doctors. Stomach doctors treat you for acid reflux which doesn't work, eventually figure out it is LPR, which they don't treat and send you back to a throat doctor. I bounced around between several stomach and throat doctors before I found someone who actually knew what LPR was and treated it.

By that time, I was now my own doctor, reading and researching everything I could. I actually figured out it was LPR before a doctor, and that helped me eventually get to a doctor that knew what he was doing. And a few people that I have talked to that have LPR, basically went through very similar experiences of bouncing around between doctors and doing their own research.

So moving forward, once you figure out what the issue is, you can begin to figure out how to manage it. Note the key word "manage". Different things work for different people. For me, it was at first a regiment of PPI, twice a day, controlling the acid production, while your throat really heals, which can take up to 6 months. I also used and still use a medication not available in the US (buy from Britian through amazon)at nighttime, which creates a foam barrier.

After I got my condition under control, the next concern is the PPI's that help manage it. You really don't want to take these longterm. Very negative longterm effects. I was able to slowly downgrade, replacing my PPI's with less problematic medications like Zantac, but I have to take Zantac every 4 hours. Longterm Zantac use is less concerning.

I have managed my LPR for 4-5 years now, with only an occasional flair up. And yes, foods are a part of that management. You learn what you can and can't eat, and unfortunately for almost everyone, some of your favorite foods will be on that "can't eat list".

I wish Dan the best, as he figures out his path of management and what works and doesn't for him. You (and your doctor) will figure it out Dan and can eventually get back to some sense of normalcy.

Thread Information