Thread: Conor vs. Khabib

My son had the fight on PPV so we watched it; two take aways:

1) The fans don't like Khabib nor his grappling: they want strikers, guys who punch and kick, not ground and pound;

2) UFC needs to serverly sanction Khabib for his actions in the post-fight melee.

Were I Dana White I'd kill two birds with one stone bar him from future competitions, but that won't happen.

Conor was beat, fair and square, no question about it, and he caused "bad blood" between the two camps, but Khabib and his crew were out of control and should be banned.

Yeah, Conor attacked folks previously on a bus, but in context that is forgivable because it did not happen at a Main UFC Event; Khabib fucked the pooch royally by acting out in and immediately adjacent to the ring during prime time.

Fuck him, throw him to the crocodiles.

What, Me Worry?

Nah, McGregor's a piece of shit and deserves whatever happens. Khabib is right though.
    #FreeTyde

UFC is just as bogus as WWE.

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    UFC is just as bogus as WWE.
    What I found most interesting (I have not seen the fight; college football night) is that the smart anti-McGregor money overwhelmed the usual McGregor money at the end. Hard to tell if this fight lacked the volume of populist small wagers as in the Mayweather fight, which out-volumed the smart money, or whether the smart money here (Russian oligarchs, anyone?) just was much, much more.

I know nothing about UFC, but people I respect who do say it was completely one-sided, and anyone who says McGregor did anything are wishing, not seeing. They suggest that a rematch line should be -300 or more.

Thread Information