Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
It's $38 for two nights, which is $19 per night. And you get $40 freeplay which can be run off on the video blackjack that is right at 100% with the card. This makes the rooms essentially free. I have a friend staying there 4 nights a week.
If you think this is a good deal by Laughlin standards it's not. The Pioneer is rated as the worst hotel in all of Laughlin, and if this dump can't at least comp a couple of free nights like all the other places do, it isn't saying much for the place.

All the places I have played rated in Laughlin have offered me free rooms. The Riverside has offered me free flight and room packages. All the places except for the Riverside, I didn't give any machine play, just blackjack. I have stayed at Aquarius and Golden Nugget on totally free room comps and had free room offers from Tropicana and Harrahs with only blackjack play. Speaking of Harrahs, just recently I received an offer for two night Sun-Thur free stay along with a dinning credit for Laughlin. I haven't played at Harrahs in Lauglin in over 3 years and then it was only for a couple of hours of blackjack.

Machine play should earn much better comps than blackjack. I'm kind of curious what other comp offers you received?
The Pioneer offer is not based on machine play. You don't have to play other than run the freeplay off. Anyone off the street can use it. Harrah's, Golden Nugget and Tropicana don't have any video poker worth playing to get free rooms. You're better off paying for them. But December is coming up which is the slowest month in Laughlin. Most places practically give the rooms away. The Pioneer offer is open to everyone.

So far the Riverside is the only place that's sent me anything and it's not much, $20 freeplay for December. And I ran a 20K wager. I guess they think that will get me to bite. They sent me their King of Clubs Newsletter. They want me to "Go Green." That is, receive all the offers by email. But when I click on the link it won't open.