It seems to me that Peter Griffin was the pioneer of BC (bet correlation) PE (playing efficiency) and IC (insurance).

Then Don S. comes along with the invention of SCORE. Thus confusion because many old school players identify with BC,PE, IC. While SCORE requires some extra work with CV Data and SIMS.

My research indicates in order to get the better SCORE one gets some very strange tag values.

Relax KJ. I'm only speaking to pitch games. But I do value your input.

It also seems the old school thought process is based on the frequency of the dealer busting. However, in a straight up pitch game, my moves are made before the dealer so I give higher considerations to my options. Of course, we can read everywhere about the value of the 5. Many will give more value to the 4 in order to balance both sides.

Giving more weight to the 6 and elimating the 2 provided the best SCORE (in my game). My research indicates the reason is now large bets are coming without or less 5s and 6s in the deck. Therefore, because we put more money out when the deck in rich in 10s, this reduces the risk of getting stuck with that pesky 15,16 dilemma. Especially, on two hand bets.

So is it prudent to simply rely on just SCORE and throw out BC, PE, IC considerations altogether?