Thread: What Would You Do -- Alabama/Auburn Question?

I bet three football games before the season started, using "Games of the Year" spreads at the Las Vegas Hilton. My big one goes this week, and it's providing interesting options as to what should be done.

I put 1K (the limit, unfortunately) on Alabama -10 1/2 vs. Auburn. Now the line is -21. I have no opinion on the line at 21; I think it's a good line. The way I see it, there are three ways to play this.

1) Just keep the bet at -10 1/2 and do nothing. I have the best of it.

2) Hedge a percentage of the original bet, maybe even most of it, with the +21 and shoot for the middle, trying to win both wagers.

3) Try to find an "alternative pointspread" offshore and take Auburn +17 at +200 for a percentage of the original wager, thereby guaranteeing a profit.

What would you do if you sitting in my shoes?

I'm more of a conservative sportsbettor and I'd stick with the "guaranteed lock" with Alabam -10.5. To me that's a much more logical choice than risking moving line taunts.

What happened?

I put $200 on Auburn +21, then another $75 on Auburn +9 1/2 for the second half. So I pocketed $700 from the original wager. This was reasonably aggressive for a game in which I had no real preference at +21. I had said before the year started that "no matter what line they put on this, it won't be enough," but I figured 14 or 15 was likely, not 21.

Please take my advice from here on out!

Alabama won 42-14

Thread Information