Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Rob Singer containment thread

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post

This was very informative.
    I've never stayed in a Walmart parking lot. It makes no sense for normal people. The people who go in and out of that store are mickeycrimmish. Why would anyone ask to be around all those two-bit drunken bums?
    You don't like combat shopping at Walmart on Friday afternoons? What a wimp.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

I've never stayed in a Walmart parking lot. It makes no sense for normal people. The people who go in and out of that store are mickeycrimmish. Why would anyone ask to be around all those two-bit drunken bums?
    You don't like combat shopping at Walmart on Friday afternoons? What a wimp.

Wal-mart has Ben Hogan pants, my favorite summer pants. How does one do without Ben Hogan pants?

I never knew that the term RV stood for Rob's Vehicle.

Originally Posted by Deech View Post

RV's. They're both in storage until spring but there's only one big one.

I'm wondering....I seem to be the only one here who has an RV. I just read last week that RV-ownership is at an all-time high among all age groups because of the bustling economy and fattened 401k's. So with all these self-proclaimed millionaire AP gamblers we hear about--esp. the huge bunch axel rubs elbows with--youd think to this crowd having a vehicle such as these would be a dime a dozen! Hey....if a busted out bankrupt homeless addicted gambler like ME can afford to buy 2 of them, what's stopping the hotsy totsy AP community from keeping up?

Oh wait!....they can't take time off to drive them, and they're shocked when they're told phantom bucks aren't accepted for payment.

I'm wondering....I seem to be the only one here who has an RV. I just read last week that RV-ownership is at an all-time high among all age groups because of the bustling economy and fattened 401k's. So with all these self-proclaimed millionaire AP gamblers we hear about--esp. the huge bunch axel rubs elbows with--youd think to this crowd having a vehicle such as these would be a dime a dozen! Hey....if a busted out bankrupt homeless addicted gambler like ME can afford to buy 2 of them, what's stopping the hotsy totsy AP community from keeping up?

Oh wait!....they can't take time off to drive them, and they're shocked when they're told phantom bucks aren't accepted for payment.

LOL -- I have to point this out. Does anybody see what just happened in "Rob's" last post?

Rob announces his RV(s) are in storage. No details regarding the storage (did he wax them before storing them?). To this point, nothing was said about Rob making a non-RV trip to Reno, but let's ignore that for a moment.

Rob announces his RV(s) are in storage, providing no details. Now a cynical sort might think he didn't want to run into Moses or me or whomever would recognize him if he didn't have an RV. But the announcement that the RV(s) are in storage is immediately followed by the rumination regarding if anyone who posts here has an RV. Coincidence? Almost as if, dare I say it, he kind of needs to know who would know the nitty gritties regarding actual RVs, because whatever he may say could blow his cover.

Pretty strange stuff. When you think about it, not much detail regarding his RV(s) in lo these many posts. I guess he figures we're not interested.

Well, hell, I am. My SORT team buddy has a huge RV. My brother-in-law has a huge RV -- in fact, when my wife was sick, he got it stuck in my front lawn after a rain. What a mess! My lawn, 15 years later, still has signs of the ruts. We had to get a commercial tow truck for 18-wheelers to get it out. So don't be shy about RV details, Rob. What kind of wax did you use before you put them in storage?

LOL.

I'm wondering....I seem to be the only one here who has an RV. I just read last week that RV-ownership is at an all-time high among all age groups because of the bustling economy and fattened 401k's.
    I know someone who sells RV's for a living.

He is amazed at how many people buy pre-owned, less expensive RV's: he sells them as fast as he gets them in, very quick turnover.

Come to find out, at least here in Portland, that most of these pre-owned, lesser expensive RV's are bought by folks who would otherwise be homeless and use them as a primary residence.

Many were evicted and nobody will rent to them, or perhaps they have a criminal history, maybe a bankruptcy: but others simply cannot afford to pay the current rents being asked here in Stumptown (rents are getting to be almost as high as in San Francisco due to the disaffected and the dreamers who still move here seeking the Promised Land).

So Rob, once again you made a general statement which is not necessarily true: you need to learn that the world is wide, and people do things for many different reasons. In this case I have shown that many buy an RV because they CANNOT participate in the distribution of wealth Trump's policies have afforded the upper income earners: in fact, most folks have been left at the station when that gravy train pulled out.

Reality 101.

It's not just Stumptown. either: see ....

https://kfiam640.iheart.com/content/...-rv-squatters/
    Last edited by MisterV; 12-01-2018 at 12:16 PM.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    I'm wondering....I seem to be the only one here who has an RV. I just read last week that RV-ownership is at an all-time high among all age groups because of the bustling economy and fattened 401k's.
    I know someone who sells RV's for a living.

He is amazed at how many people buy pre-owned, less expensive RV's: he sells them as fast as he gets them in, very quick turnover.

Come to find out, at least here in Portland, that most of these pre-owned, lesser expensive RV's are bought by folks who would otherwise be homeless and use them as a primary residence.

Many were evicted and nobody will rent to them, or perhaps they have a criminal history, maybe a bankruptcy: but others simply cannot afford to pay the current rents being asked here in Stumptown (rents are getting to be almost as high as in San Francisco due to the disaffected and the dreamers who still move here seeking the Promised Land).

So Rob, once again you made a general statement which is not necessarily true: you need to learn that the world is wide, and people do things for many different reasons. In this case I have shown that many buy an RV because they CANNOT participate in the distribution of wealth Trump's policies have afforded the upper income earners: in fact, most folks have been left at the station when that gravy train pulled out.

Reality 101.

It's not just Stumptown. either: see ....

https://kfiam640.iheart.com/content/...-rv-squatters/
    And once again you're posting with those liberal blinders on that are given away on every street corner in Oregon and Washington.

When I'm posting about "generalizations" regarding my experiences, it's usually about those type of people who've had similar lives as we have. Yes I know a lot of people have no savings or 401k's, and really, I couldn't care less about them or the crowd of slobs, bums, unemployed, or lazies who would rather suck off the government. And you have more than your share of those in Oregon.

Here in the Phoenix area there are countless big RV shows all the time, and you know why they sell record numbers of new, expensive RV's? Because people work here, snowbirds like myself have homes here, and it's a city alive with business and big industry. We're not overrun with protesters, antifa freaks, or black lives matter bs like Portland is. And my friends and former colleagues who live or visit here are just like me: they wouldn't consider buying an old used RV because they can afford far better. Portland is a hotbed of homelessness and pan-handlers, so RV sales there is nothing like here or in most of the rest of the country. And guess what? Trump has had a lot to do with it all. The "gimmee a handout" crowd in Oregon is proof positive of that. Those who want to succeed will. The rest will keep waiting until another Obama shows up.

While I agree with much of your comments about Portland and many of its denizens, that deflects from my original point, which was in response to your blanket assertion that "RV-ownership is at an all-time high among all age groups because of the bustling economy and fattened 401k's."

I pointed out that many RV owners buy an RV because they cannot afford or qualify to live in a stick and mortar home.

Sorry Rob, but for some on this board the jury is still out as to which claas of "RV owner" you really are a member of: the well-heeled or those left behind.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post

I pointed out that many RV owners buy an RV because they cannot afford or qualify to live in a stick and mortar home.

Sorry Rob, but for some on this board the jury is still out as to which claas of "RV owner" you really are a member of: the well-heeled or those left behind.
    And I pointed out that most of the RV owners around here but them for recreation.

I've put up a pic in the past of our Newell. It was even final-assemblied in your state and I picked it up there. Now if one of those belongs to any of the "left behinds" that would be truly amazing. But the haters can pretend anything.

Rob, I'm not expressing any serious doubt about your claime of RV ownership: if in fact you worked hard, as did your wife, you could easily own one.

Up here lots of retirees sell their homes and buy as nice an RV as they can get with the sale proceeds; they then live in them year round as "snowbirds," living in Arizona or So.Cal during the rainy months and returning to Portland when the weather gets nicer.

Makes perfect sense.

Things got dicey for awhile here with RV's, as at least one Oregon mfr. closed their doors after the bottom fell out in '08.

It seems to me that "there's an RV for everybody:" the well-heeled buy the big, fancy ones, usully powered or towed with a fifth wheel; the middle class get the less expensive, "average" ones, and the broke, the poor, the credit challenged and the otherwise homeless often manage to scrape together a few grand and buy a beater to live in.

Is this a great country, or what?
    Last edited by MisterV; 12-01-2018 at 04:31 PM.
    What, Me Worry?

I can only speak for myself but others will probably agree. I have a fixed stationary permanent address to reside. I like it that way. It doesn't shake in the wind and I can't hear raindrops on the roof.
    When I go on vacation, I like to stay in hotels with maid service. Actually, I'm in one right now in Rome on vacation. My Italy vacation is being funded with +EV AP money. 😀

That's great max, but I've been to Italy 15 times plus twice with my family. And whenever we've gone we use limos to and from the hotels.

RV's aren't enjoyable during inclement weather, which is why we only use them in the spring and summer. Lots of hard work compared to hotels but a great way to travel if you're not in any hurry and are in good enuf shape to do it. I quit flying a decade ago after accumulating over a million miles each on UAL, AA, Cathay Pacific and Lufthansa.

Say hello to my relatives in Pescara.

Thread Information