Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Hatred on this Forum

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Please redietz, V, moses, et al: provide a link with DIFFERENT research.
    People can do their own google searches. People can go to their local university and search the academic journals. There's no trick to this.

Why don't you tell people what you discovered when you googled, "Do women gamble more than men?" Why or how did you choose the single link you chose? Was it representative of everything you read? Why did you not include the majority of links that disagreed with you?

Either people write honestly or they don't. People can make their own call on who does or does not.

Okay. You got me. 86 it is. I was thinking 69. How is it you got the notion to research this stat? Did you bump your head on a machine? A woman sat beside you at a machine and hollered BOO?

Why bother?

I am confident with the conclusion I've drawn based on my first-hand, empirical observations.

Like Redietz says, the opinions of "experts" will differ.

We should trust that our eyes see things clearly and rely upon our brains to analyze things correctly.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    We should trust that our eyes see things clearly and rely upon our brains to analyze things correctly.
    Whoa. That's very good. I like it. Applaud.

In blackjack, simple issues are made very confusing. But if you see what is played then you know what still remains to be played.

Here is an extreme example of the effect forums or how some are lead by what they read on the internet. I wrote about a device I'd seen with my own two eyes at a blackjack table. Now, a guy 2,000 miles away says "that's impossible, the device was illegal and banned." So about 50 posters agreed with him.

Here is the crazy part. I even went back a looked again.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    People can do their own google searches. People can go to their local university and search the academic journals.
    What is the percentage of women in the high-profile handicapping contests that you enter?

I can't give specific numbers, and I wouldn't trust any research that I found on the subject, but based upon observation, the percentage of women at the racetrack has grown tremendously. In addition, in the tournaments, we now have a surprisingly high number of female participants.

On a dreary Tuesday at the track you will be hard pressed to find a woman (or a human for that matter), but on weekends it is probably 35-40%.

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    People can do their own google searches. People can go to their local university and search the academic journals.
    What is the percentage of women in the high-profile handicapping contests that you enter?
    This is obviously the “Coach” trying for one of his patented I got ya moments, as most, if not all here know he has no interest in women whatsoever

Roughly the same percentage as the percentage of men in the bingo rooms at Stations' properties.

Originally Posted by regnis View Post
    On a dreary Tuesday at the track you will be hard pressed to find a woman (or a human for that matter), but on weekends it is probably 35-40%.
    You are noting attendance, not necessarily gambling...correct?

In my observation, nearly all men at the track are betting, while many of the women are not betting, but accompanying men who bet. I notice the same thing at the table games...the men are playing, the women are spectators.

But I was asking the ditz about actual entrants in his sports handicapping contests, the numbers are likely available to those who enter.

He declined to provide the statistics, and neither did he supply any registration statistics for bingo.

Here are the stats from the 2018 WSOP, totals are for all events:

Male Participation*: 95.14% (111,837 entries)

Female Participation*: 4.86% (5,717 entries)

These are all gamblers, their website didn't provide any gender-specific spectator statistics,
    or any anecdotes, estimates or observations about who gambles in their event.

Coach--I don't know or see any women betting heavily. They are all betting, but mostly the 10 cent supers and that crap. I only see men betting heavily.

In my observation, nearly all men at the track are betting, while many of the women are not betting, but accompanying men who bet. I notice the same thing at the table games...the men are playing, the women are spectators.

But I was asking the ditz about actual entrants in his sports handicapping contests, the numbers are likely available to those who enter.

He declined to provide the statistics, and neither did he supply any registration statistics for bingo.

These are all gamblers, their website didn't provide any gender-specific spectator statistics,

I suggest all readers simply google "U.S. gambling statistics by gender" and draw their own conclusions, and (for those sufficiently motivated) go to their local university to survey papers in the appropriate academic journals. Cherry picking WSOP stats would be like cherry picking registration stats for bingo events. There have been thousands of studies done on gender and gambling. Readers should simply do their own research and draw their own conclusions.

Originally Posted by Keystone View Post
    This is obviously the “Coach” trying for one of his patented I got ya moments
    All here sure can see who you are interested in.

Remember this?....

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Thread: Keystone banned
    08-19-2018, 09:04 PM

I have banned Keystone because he contributes little to this forum, aside from trolling.
    Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Keystone was banned on August 19. Five days later, he made a new account named "Elaine M", which quickly jumped into trolling Alan. So I banned that account.

He has been creating new accounts using AT&T cell phone IPs, as if that's going to hide who he is.

Sorry, don`t know any "Elaine"....by the way, have Rob and Alan let you join their club yet?....God knows you`ve been pining to be a part of their little group for years now

Originally Posted by Bill Yung View Post
    [I am capable of doing whatever I want in my own little world.
    Yes. The sun definately orbits around his own planet.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    [
    Except beat baccarat which you tried to do for years. You wasted all that time on the wrong game. But it explains your sour outlook on gambling.
    Like he drove halfway across the country in the wrong DIrection.

Originally Posted by Bill Yung View Post
    We are ready to give up only what we truly understand.
    O no. Not your Worm farm.

I guess it is over for Gambling Forums.

20 pages of discussion about Hatred on this Forum.

Over 200 Pages on WoV about Nathans Corner.

I was late to the party but it was fun while it lasted.

I There have been thousands of studies done on gender and gambling. Readers should simply do their own research and draw their own conclusions.
    Haha! People already have, because they know you'll never post anything. And you got caught with your foot in your mouth once again.

You're undoubtedly correct. Unless bingo players in Nevada outnumber poker players. Unless bingo players nationwide outnumber poker players nationwide by an enormous margin. Unless bingo players are (conservatively) two-thirds female to three-quarters female. Unless women playing the various lotteries outnumber men. Unless the word "participation" is used in the WSOP stats line to avoid doing the math on people entering multiple events. Unless WSOP represents a drop in the bucket both in terms of numbers of players and money in US gambling.

Yes, you're undoubtedly correct.

I suggest anybody interested in gender and gambling do their own research.

If you include all forms of gambling in the entire world I would also say its male-dominated.

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    If you include all forms of gambling in the entire world I would also say its male-dominated.
    That was the point of the link Alan provided.

You may be the most experienced and accomplished gambler on this site, and that is your observation and opinion.

You didn't even have to go to your local university to survey papers in the appropriate academic journals...when was the last time you visited your local university's library anyway?

Your reasonable statement is not worth insulting you over, and certainly not worth insulting Alan over, but if Alan had written that most gamblers are women then he likely would have been insulted over that too.

An that shows the hatred on this forum.
    Last edited by coach belly; 10-25-2018 at 02:23 PM.

I suggest anybody interested in gender and gambling do their own research.
    Of course you do, since you have no idea how to post any supporting information after you make your stupid assertions.

Thread Information