Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: The Singer Five

Bad call yes. But all I care about is the win!!!

redietz WHO?

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Todd, this post is libelous, and I am holding you personally responsible.
    Take a fucking walk you phony fraud.

Last edited by blackhole; 01-20-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Bad call yes. But all I care about is the win!!!

redietz WHO?

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    The Saints got ripped off bigtime with that blown pass interference call.
    No doubt, if the ref makes that call, the game is essentially decided and the Saints win.

I didn't see a replay that showed where the official was positioned, but if he was on his feet then he should have been in position to make that call.

Having reffed thousands of football games, I can only say that it's very tough to pull the trigger when you know that your call will decide a game...this is especially true with DPI.

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    I can only say that it's very tough to pull the trigger when you know that your call will decide a game...this is especially true with DPI.
    But so can a non-call decide a game.

I am not a fan of that rationale that referee swallow their whistles late in a game. This occurs in basketball ALL the time. A foul or penalty is a foul or penalty no matter when it occurs. Not making a call because it is a crucial point in the game, rewards the player fouling.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Like I said, I didn't see a replay that showed where the official was on that play...maybe he was on his ass, maybe his view was shielded, maybe he was looking another way.

At the time, the non-call did not decide the game.

If he made the call, then that would have decided the game.

The Saints got the ball first in OT and had a chance to win...they couldn't get it done.

Any big game that the Rams are involved in is suspect...the ghosts of Carrol Rosenbloom and Sonny Werblin.
    Last edited by coach belly; 01-20-2019 at 05:08 PM.

At the time, the non-call did not decide the game.

If he made the call, then that would have decided the game.

The Saints got the ball first in OT and had a chance to win...they couldn't get it done.

Any big game that the Rams are involved in is suspect...it's the ghosts of Carrol Rosenbloom and Sonny Werblin.
    I don't know who those people are and am not going to bother looking it up, but I will argue that not making the correct call DID decide the game. It decided that the game would go on when it should have been over.

It took a team that should have won right then and there and said, well you still have an opportunity to win.

The refs were letting them play the whole game. That one "no-call" hardly stands on its own.

I will argue that not making the correct call DID decide the game.
    Argue all you want, but for someone who is so vested in mathematical certainty, then you should accept the fact that the Saints were not a certainty to win that game if the DPI had been called.

They still would have had to snap the ball, run plays to run time off the clock, and kick a field goal to win.

We don't know what would have happened, and therefore can't say that the non-call decided the game.

What we do know is what happened, the Saints blew it.

Maybe what DID decided the game was Brees' age...he didn't play well in the second half, and the throw that was picked in OT was not a veteran play.

What we do know is what happened, the Saints blew it.

Maybe what DID decided the game was Brees' age...he didn't play well in the second half, and the throw that was picked in OT was not a veteran play.
    Completely irrelevant. The fact is that there are 7 officials on the field and different safeguards like repay (which doesn't come into play on penalties) designed to ensure that they get the correct calls, and on the most crucial call of the day, they got it wrong. AND the NFL office will issue a statement tomorrow admitting they got it wrong. And as a result one team is going to the superbowl instead of the other.

I don't have a dog in this fight, no bets, no rooting interest other than I don't really care for Sean Peyton. But they blew the call, and I can't believe you are defending it. At least Singer admits they blew the call.

But they blew the call, and I can't believe you are defending it.
    The ref blew the call, no doubt...but that didn't prevent the Saints from winning the game.

I doubt that Brees or Peyton will blame the refs for the loss, blaming the refs is a loser's lament.

You have to take the game out of the hands of the refs...you have 60 minutes to do that.

The Saints had the chance to do that for regulation and then with the ball first in OT...they couldn't get it done.

You wrote some time ago that you were an athlete. If that's true then you should know better than to blame the refs...it's a cop out.

I doubt that Brees or Peyton will blame the refs for the loss, blaming the refs is a loser's lament.
    You would be wrong. Payton opened his press conference blaming the ref and rightfully so. The NFL office didn't even wait until tomorrow as they usually do, they issued a statement already admitting they blew the call and I quote "that likely changed the outcome of the game". The NFL Sr VP of Officiating personally called Sean Payton to apologize for blowing the call.

You would be wrong.
    Like I said...blaming the refs is a loser's lament.

You either take the game out of the hands of the refs, or accept the consequences.

That goes for all sports.

Admit it mickey. You just don't like it when I win. You probably lose sleep over it, even with the strong sleep-assist you get from all the drinking.

Once the Rams win the Pats will also. Rams lose/Pats lose.

Tell you what--I win both then I'll order and ship you your FIRST EVER dictionary!
    Look like Mickey gets a free dictionary. I did read it wrong earlier.
    Last edited by MaxPen; 01-20-2019 at 08:33 PM.

Tell you what--I win both then I'll order and ship you your FIRST EVER dictionary
    Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    Look like Mickey lost out on a free dictionary.
    Looks like you have a reading comprehension problem...jerk off.

Oops...I meant to say RETARD.
    Last edited by coach belly; 01-20-2019 at 08:29 PM.

The ref blew the call, no doubt...but that didn't prevent the Saints from winning the game.

You have to take the game out of the hands of the refs...you have 60 minutes to do that.

The Saints had the chance to do that for regulation and then with the ball first in OT...they couldn't get it done.

You wrote some time ago that you were an athlete. If that's true then you should know better than to blame the refs...it's a cop out.
    Blaming the refs is embarrassing. The Saints will never again reach the SB with a crybaby like Sean Payton at their helm. You would have NEVER seen Bill Belichick blaming the refs for a single call. Calls go for and against you all the time. Payton should look to the high road press conference Drew Brees had tonight.

Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Todd, this post is libelous, and I am holding you personally responsible.
    Take a fucking walk you phony fraud.

Crybabyhole, why do you waste so much time putting up links that no one will click on?
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Blaming the refs is embarrassing. The Saints will never again reach the SB with a crybaby like Sean Payton at their helm. You would have NEVER seen Bill Belichick blaming the refs for a single call. Calls go for and against you all the time. Payton should look to the high road press conference Drew Brees had tonight.
    That's not all. I was one of the crybabies and I immediately searched the web looking for comments from all the other crybabies who were as infuriated as me. Much to my embarrassment, I came across a photo of Drew on the field immediately after the game tossing balls to his kids. In one photo he was bent over tying his son's shoe. I immediately forgot about the game.

I think I'll take the credit for this thread orbiting out of control After all, what would all these anonymous AP's have to do if it weren't for their unending jealousy over my sports betting wins? I know 3 or 4 thousand is a whole lot of money to them, but as someone who's posted pictures of my $100,000. $50,000 and other wins, you'd think they'd be over the agitation by now.

But when how I do what I do gets the reclusive spock to show how much he follows me, gets the OBVIOUSLY inept and TOTALLY OBSESSED insecure redietz out of his self-proclaimed and now phony "retirement" from this forum, when I keep on forcing the sad but true mickey to keep scratching at that "Rob Singer itch" that for some reason he can never seem to reach, and simultaneously rattle people who want pics but never post any of their own claims---you KNOW I'm doing more than a whole lot right!

God....am I the greatest of all time or what!? And you know what? I really don't know why I bother with this type of entertainment. For the most part it's a visit to the white trash part of town for me every time I tune in. One thing anonymous people do is release their true feelings because they have such bad lives at home and by & large are miserable social failures. Such a description is enormously broadcast by the attention and relevance-craving of the #1 anonymous forum rat, kew.

However, as fun as all this is, I'll let you kooks with a grudge seethe just a little bit more. I just put $2000 @-1.5 on New England to win the SB. Aside from the fact that I'll be a winner by a couple thousand for this season either way, I'll let you folks debate over my greatness. Sure redietz will try to interject Gaming Today or any of a number of issues I've exposed about him just to show how he deserves honorable mention about if he or kew are the most disgustingly weak poster here.But have fun in the debate.

I say this because I'm busy helping a friend build his and his family's new home in Cave Creek until about March 1st, and after this post I will not be looking at this forum until then....if I ever do again. I'm doing the wireless, some electrical work, and the sound system setup for my friend.

So have a good time trying to grow up by then.

And Wise Up.

Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    That's not all. I was one of the crybabies and I immediately searched the web looking for comments from all the other crybabies who were as infuriated as me. Much to my embarrassment, I came across a photo of Drew on the field immediately after the game tossing balls to his kids. In one photo he was bent over tying his son's shoe. I immediately forgot about the game.
    I am not crying because I lost money. I didn't bet either game. The teams I thought were the better teams both had very young, inexperienced QB's and as great a year as they both had, I don't bet on inexperience in the playoffs and especially, against very experienced QB's and coaches. I also am not a fan of any of the teams.

But the fact is the NFL blew this one big time. In a year that was just atrocious as far as officiating, they made the biggest blunder at the very end of a conference championship game, that in their own words, "likely changed the outcome of the game".

There was actually 3 penalties, by NFL rules that should have been called on the play.

1.) obviously pass interference as the defender hit the receiver long before the ball arrived.

2.) Personal foul, helmet to helmet contact. Personally I don't like this rule. Football is a violent game. That is why they wear helmets and why players are paid millions of dollars a year.

3.) Personal foul, hit on defenseless receiver. Again I don't like this rule. This is what football is. But I don't make the rules. The NFL put these rules in and has bent over backwards enforcing these two rules all year long (in the name of player protection) and then at the most critical time, doesn't enforce a blatent foul? A time that in their own words "altered the outcome of the game". A game determining who goes to the Superbowl!

So 3 penalties on the same play, same hit. 7 officials on the field, and a replay system (which I also hate) that takes a 10 minute look at just about everything and no call on the biggest play of the game that the whole world saw. And yes, there have been other blown calls. As I said this was a very bad year for NFL officiating. There have even been other calls at the critical point in a game that probably changed the outcome of the game. BUT this is the conference championship game, with a berth in the superbowl, and they make the biggest blunder probably in NFL history? I mean nothing against the Rams, who I was sort of rooting for because I don't care for Sean Payton, but it kind of taints the Superbowl. It is a big deal in my mind as a fan of the game.

Thread Information