Thread: Montana midterm elections

Montana looks close at 330 Eastern. Looks like a lot of votes left in Missouka though, damn liberals in that area. But still a good amount out from GOP strongholds it seems too. Going to be close.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Mick, separate subject but not starting new thread. Montana looks close at 330 Eastern. Looks like a lot of votes left in Missouka though, damn liberals in that area. But still a good amount out from GOP strongholds it seems too. Going to be close.
    Just seen Rosendale 49.1% and Tester 48% with 57% of the vote counted. God I hope Tester gets sent back to Big Sandy. That's where he's from. It's north of Great Falls. Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam is also from Big Sandy. Pearl Jam campaigns for Tester and they always play Missoula during the campaign. But Pearl Jam kind of screwed the pooch this time around. Tester took a bunch of heat over Pearl Jam putting out a poster of the corpse of Donald Trump. Probably cost Tester some votes.

Edit: Rosendale 49.4, Tester 47.7 at 72%.

And you are right about liberal ass Missoula. If you're homeless in Great Falls they give you a bus ticket to Missoula. LOL!
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 11-07-2018 at 02:05 AM.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Mick, separate subject but not starting new thread. Montana looks close at 330 Eastern. Looks like a lot of votes left in Missouka though, damn liberals in that area. But still a good amount out from GOP strongholds it seems too. Going to be close.
    Just seen Rosendale 49.1% and Tester 48% with 57% of the vote counted. God I hope Tester gets sent back to Big Sandy. That's where he's from. It's north of Great Falls. Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam is also from Big Sandy. Pearl Jam campaigns for Tester and they always play Missoula during the campaign. But Pearl Jam kind of screwed the pooch this time around. Tester took a bunch of heat over Pearl Jam putting out a poster of the corpse of Donald Trump. Probably cost Tester some votes.

And you are right about liberal ass Missoula. If you're homeless in Great Falls they give you a bus ticket to Missoula. LOL!
    Not looking good at this point. Not sure why in this day and age we can’t get results sooner. It’s not like Montana doesn’t have internet.

If Tester does survive, it was the liberals in Missoula and such. I could tell how liberal the town was from the acts playing at the Wilma. All far left bands and comedians. And from signs in the breweries pushing leftists views.

Same as PA, too many liberals in Philadelphia and Pittsburg to overcome.

Not looking good at this point. Not sure why in this day and age we can’t get results sooner. It’s not like Montana doesn’t have internet.

If Tester does survive, it was the liberals in Missoula and such. I could tell how liberal the town was from the acts playing at the Wilma. All far left bands and comedians. And from signs in the breweries pushing leftists views.

I'm left of Marx, so I come at all this from a different perspective. I find it really absurd and ridiculous that the Prez claims some kind of victory (really?) and Pelosi got all brave predicting this and that (I friggin' hate Pelosi), and it's a blue wave and all that nonsense.

Other than maybe Missouri, every high profile race went exactly as the offshore odds said. If you were chalk, you won. The Dems won the House by almost exactly the margin predicted by the offshores. The Repubs gained Senate seats exactly as predicted. Governors races went as the odds said. Everything went as the odds said. The alleged close races in Georgia, Florida, and Texas went as the odds said. It would have taken hallucinogenics in the water supply or an NRA fire sale in North Dakota for the Georgia, Florida, and Texas races to swing. Pundits were hyping races that were gonna turn out like Clemson vs. Saginaw State no matter how much money was invested. Here in Tennessee, no surprises. Nobody here thought there would be any surprises. And I have to say, the political ads here were much worse than the GOP caravan/the zombies-are-coming ad. Much worse, if you can believe it.

Anybody who parlayed the political chalk had a real good day.

Yeah, it looks like Tester sucked out on the end. One of the things that came out was democratic operatives bought advertising supporting the libertarian over Rosendale. A dirty trick. The Libertarian siphoned off just enough votes to get Tester through.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by redietz View Post

I'm left of Marx, so I come at all this from a different perspective. I find it really absurd and ridiculous that the Prez claims some kind of victory (really?) and Pelosi got all brave predicting this and that (I friggin' hate Pelosi), and it's a blue wave and all that nonsense.

Other than maybe Missouri, every high profile race went exactly as the offshore odds said. If you were chalk, you won. The Dems won the House by almost exactly the margin predicted by the offshores. The Repubs gained Senate seats exactly as predicted. Governors races went as the odds said. Everything went as the odds said. The alleged close races in Georgia, Florida, and Texas went as the odds said. It would have taken hallucinogenics in the water supply or an NRA fire sale in North Dakota for the Georgia, Florida, and Texas races to swing. Pundits were hyping races that were gonna turn out like Clemson vs. Saginaw State no matter how much money was invested. Here in Tennessee, no surprises. Nobody here thought there would be any surprises. And I have to say, the political ads here were much worse than the GOP caravan/the zombies-are-coming ad. Much worse, if you can believe it.

Anybody who parlayed the political chalk had a real good day.
    Trump campaigned hard for Republican Senate candidates and got them through which actually strengthens his hand. Repubs that didn't want his endorsement got their asses handed to them and I think that flipped the house.

Thread Information