Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
Originally Posted by Deech View Post
Great post. 15 to 20 years ago I was adamant to get each year’s baseball card of my idol, Mickey Mantle. Everything was through eBay. Back then there were no clocks on the screen. I jumped in when there was a great deal. I had to return the 1952 Mantle due to forgery and lost a few bucks, but I have 1953 - 1968.

I do not do eBay now, for no reason, but back then it was awesome to know you could get things without having to go through a pawn shop or card dealer store.
Every baseball fan should savor anything Mickey Mantle. I had so many rookie and other highly sought after baseball cards when I was a kid, and I flipped many of them away. One was a rookie MM. Another was a rookie Hank Aaron. Who knows where they are today.
I traded away at least a dozen Pete Rose rookie cards. Of course, it was 1963. You know how cruel kids are. When he was a rookie we thought Rose was a punk, five feet nothing, a hundred nothing. Had no clue he would turn out as big as he did. I came home one day to find that my mother threw all my baseball cards away because she thought they were junking up the closet. Three-thousand baseball cards from the early sixties. I had all the famous players.