Originally Posted by redietz View Post
We guys who win love to rant about how bad it was when we lost. I think kewlJ may have quietly mentioned dropping 29K? Did I ever tell you about the time I had this Houston Oilers team at 30-1 to win the AFC? They were in this playoff game against this Buffalo Bills team. Jim Kelly was injured. Some guy named Reich was playing QB for the Bills; I vaguely remembered him from his Maryland days....
Lol. I sort of remember that guy. I had the 49ers in "The Catch" game in 1982 vs Cowboys. We were jumping up and down like crazy. I think it was my first $100 bet. But what most people don't recall was the pass to Drew Pearson and the game saving tackle. I do, because I'll never forget the lip quivering on my buddies face.

There was this sports writer for the Rocky Mountain News that gave his sports picks in his column. I called my way through the channels and talked to him personally. IF you don't mind me asking which ones do you really like? He got a chuckle out of that. Then, he gave me his picks and I went 8-0. Trouble is, I called a friend who went through a bookie and said he didn't get the bets down. That same year there was a computer programmer at our company. He said he could input data and pick the NFL winners like it was magic. Being a kid, I followed his computer all the through the NFL playoffs and Super Bowl. Went 0 for 11. Of course, he got everyone of those damn bets down. A 19 game turnaround. Ok, I'm sick now.