Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 77 of 77

Thread: KJ, How Are You Doing on Making Up That $29,000 Loss You Had a Month Ago

  1. #61
    Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    More Well Deserved Thanks to Monet for positive posts with facts, something sorely lacking from Singer.

    Nobody can say Boz doesn't call them like he sees them, regardless of differences with the individual.
    And you are accepting his small-dicks post as fact with no supporting info?

    Seems that's what a limp sick would do.

    Yes I am, and I'm willing to put my MONEY behind it. Obviously unlike you.
    Behind what? You admire him because he's just like you. He throws out something with nothing to complete the assertion. I suppose like you, he'll wait around with no further info until the issue is officially closed. That's just about where you got some balls to say something, remember?

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,442
    Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    I see we are back to penis discussion. As a gay man, I have nothing against penises....I rather like them. And I suspect I have seen and handled far more penises in my short life than most of the "members' here in their considerable longer time on earth. But the problem is that this is a gambling/Vegas discussion forum, or masquerades as one and the discussion seems inappropriate for those parameters.
    Since this subject matter seems to be encouraged and continuing, let me further state that in my vast experience with penises, I don't believe I have ever encountered a 9.5 inch penis. There was a guy in High School, David H (I am not going to use his last name because it is very unique), but his nickname was "meat". I mean that should tell ya. Anyway, "meat" may have had 9.5 inches. I only saw from a far. But I have not encountered anyone further that had the possiblity of that measurement.

    Such a account wouldn't be impossible, but is rather improbable. And that is where credibility comes into play. And when you have a guy that has lied about every single aspect of his online existence and every single one of his claims, then that "improbability" grows. I would place the odds somewhere about the same as 18 y.o.'s in a row.

    And with that I have to get ready to hit a couple clubs and bars on a Saturday night. With any luck, I might just add to my research.

  3. #63
    Alrighty then. Think of the poor guy who opened this thread to read the OP. Funny as hell.

  4. #64
    Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Also, there are guys that go around looking at vacated machines where people forgot to take out their money. I suppose they get drunk and forget. How do I know this? Because they've told me and I've seen them doing it. They say they make good money. My question is, then why tell others?
    People leave odd credits on the machines. If a person has been playing $3 a spin, when they get down to less than $3 it won't spin when they hit the spin button. So many people just get up and leave. And in doing so they leave the odd amount, like 60 cents or whatever, on the machine. I occasionally see someone cruising the machines looking for these odd credits. There was a write up about a guy in New York doing it. I'll see if I can find the article. Or maybe someone else already knows where to look.

    Re: about the blackjack dealer with the girlfriend that watches people playing machines. My guess is they believe in the myth of machines running hot or cold. It could be they believe that if a machine hasnt paid out in awhile it's due to hit....or they believe that a machine thats been paying out will continue to do so.
    Megan Kelly "Why haven't you published any dirt on Trump?" Julian Assange "There isn't any."

  5. #65
    Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    I see we are back to penis discussion. As a gay man, I have nothing against penises....I rather like them. And I suspect I have seen and handled far more penises in my short life than most of the "members' here in their considerable longer time on earth. But the problem is that this is a gambling/Vegas discussion forum, or masquerades as one and the discussion seems inappropriate for those parameters.
    Since this subject matter seems to be encouraged and continuing, let me further state that in my vast experience with penises, I don't believe I have ever encountered a 9.5 inch penis. There was a guy in High School, David H (I am not going to use his last name because it is very unique), but his nickname was "meat". I mean that should tell ya. Anyway, "meat" may have had 9.5 inches. I only saw from a far. But I have not encountered anyone further that had the possiblity of that measurement.

    Such a account wouldn't be impossible, but is rather improbable. And that is where credibility comes into play. And when you have a guy that has lied about every single aspect of his online existence and every single one of his claims, then that "improbability" grows. I would place the odds somewhere about the same as 18 y.o.'s in a row.

    And with that I have to get ready to hit a couple clubs and bars on a Saturday night. With any luck, I might just add to my research.
    Kew, you're already the biggest proven liar on this and probably other forums--which I'm sure had something to do with your being thrown out/rejected from the libtard/freak-infested WoV. So what are you attempting to do with you story about dicks--compete with mickey's phoney tales?

    Which leads to the next order of business regarding size. monet throws up some stupid set of dick stats that he and everyone else that has little dick syndrome, desperately want and NEED to believe. But go ahead--ask him where he got that info....see if it makes any sense.

    Anybody ever get a survey call asking what size dick you have? Is it a question on the US census forms? Then ask yourselves how many guys you've seen in person with actual hard-ons, and see if you can figure out just who has the balls to suddenly whip out a ruler so you can measure them. Or maybe there's a secret society of women (and fags) who carry tape measures with them to measure with--you know, to the two-tenths of an inch, and you know, using those handy little cloth tapes from their sewing machine kits--and they report in weekly.

    The only reason I measured myself is because I thought I was bigger than even some of the dudes I've seen in porn. I still don't really know the answer to that. But my expectation is that most guys wouldn't want to know where they "stand".

  6. #66
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    I see we are back to penis discussion. As a gay man, I have nothing against penises....I rather like them. And I suspect I have seen and handled far more penises in my short life than most of the "members' here in their considerable longer time on earth. But the problem is that this is a gambling/Vegas discussion forum, or masquerades as one and the discussion seems inappropriate for those parameters.
    Since this subject matter seems to be encouraged and continuing, let me further state that in my vast experience with penises, I don't believe I have ever encountered a 9.5 inch penis. There was a guy in High School, David H (I am not going to use his last name because it is very unique), but his nickname was "meat". I mean that should tell ya. Anyway, "meat" may have had 9.5 inches. I only saw from a far. But I have not encountered anyone further that had the possiblity of that measurement.

    Such a account wouldn't be impossible, but is rather improbable. And that is where credibility comes into play. And when you have a guy that has lied about every single aspect of his online existence and every single one of his claims, then that "improbability" grows. I would place the odds somewhere about the same as 18 y.o.'s in a row.

    And with that I have to get ready to hit a couple clubs and bars on a Saturday night. With any luck, I might just add to my research.
    Kew, you're already the biggest proven liar on this and probably other forums--which I'm sure had something to do with your being thrown out/rejected from the libtard/freak-infested WoV. So what are you attempting to do with you story about dicks--compete with mickey's phoney tales?

    Which leads to the next order of business regarding size. monet throws up some stupid set of dick stats that he and everyone else that has little dick syndrome, desperately want and NEED to believe. But go ahead--ask him where he got that info....see if it makes any sense.

    Anybody ever get a survey call asking what size dick you have? Is it a question on the US census forms? Then ask yourselves how many guys you've seen in person with actual hard-ons, and see if you can figure out just who has the balls to suddenly whip out a ruler so you can measure them. Or maybe there's a secret society of women (and fags) who carry tape measures with them to measure with--you know, to the two-tenths of an inch, and you know, using those handy little cloth tapes from their sewing machine kits--and they report in weekly.

    The only reason I measured myself is because I thought I was bigger than even some of the dudes I've seen in porn. I still don't really know the answer to that. But my expectation is that most guys wouldn't want to know where they "stand".
    Robocchio, your dick is so small the doctor couldn't tell if you were a girl or boy.
    Megan Kelly "Why haven't you published any dirt on Trump?" Julian Assange "There isn't any."

  7. #67
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

    I was there when it happened. Of course, being from where I live I'm used to it.

    I learned a lot of tricks in Alaska. Snow tires. You need at least a 700 amp battery. Cardboard to stick in front of the radiator. Fill up at half tank. Sleeping bags and canned goods in the trunk. Water. Lighters.

    And last but not least, a tarp and space heater. If the car gets "arctic seizure," won't crank because it's to cold. You throw the tarp over the car and stick the space heater under it. Give it an hour then crank up and go.
    Great tips Mickey, thanks a lot.
    Thanks, tableplay. A couple things I forgot. It's imperative to carry gloves. Bare skin sticks to iron when it's extremely cold and it's very painful to get it off. You'll lose some skin. There is another phenomenon in extreme below zero weather. When the car is parked the part of the tires that's on the pavement is slightly flattened. If its cold enough the flattened area will remain that way as you drive off. It's like driving on a bumpy road and you can break the air seal on a tire. Not fun changing a tire in extreme cold. You have to start out driving very slow to let the tires roll themselves back into shape.
    I had something like this happen in Reno, when it got down to 13 degrees Fahrenheit the winter before this one. The tires were buried in snow in the parking lot of the place I was staying. The rear right one became almost totally flat. Since I had an oil change at Tires Plus, I nursed the car a block, and they, after checking for leaks (and not finding any, along with no issues with the valve), re-inflated it for free (so the cold air in the tire had leaked out, rather than just compressing in volume but remaining in the tire). I will add the tips about gloves and tires to the list.
    Again, much appreciated Mickey.
    Last edited by tableplay; 12-23-2018 at 03:50 AM.

  8. #68
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Also, there are guys that go around looking at vacated machines where people forgot to take out their money. I suppose they get drunk and forget. How do I know this? Because they've told me and I've seen them doing it. They say they make good money. My question is, then why tell others?
    People leave odd credits on the machines. If a person has been playing $3 a spin, when they get down to less than $3 it won't spin when they hit the spin button. So many people just get up and leave. And in doing so they leave the odd amount, like 60 cents or whatever, on the machine. I occasionally see someone cruising the machines looking for these odd credits. There was a write up about a guy in New York doing it. I'll see if I can find the article. Or maybe someone else already knows where to look.

    Re: about the blackjack dealer with the girlfriend that watches people playing machines. My guess is they believe in the myth of machines running hot or cold. It could be they believe that if a machine hasnt paid out in awhile it's due to hit....or they believe that a machine thats been paying out will continue to do so.
    Interesting Mick. I can stop feeling guilty about not going machine surfing. Different story than looking for an empty table with a fair dealer.

  9. #69
    Megan Kelly "Why haven't you published any dirt on Trump?" Julian Assange "There isn't any."

  10. #70
    Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    I only saw from a far.
    Creepy, because spying in the locker room comes to mind.

  11. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    1,880
    Are the laws in NY different than in Nevada when it comes to this sort of thing?

    I thought (could be wrong; not certain) that in Nevada, at least, it's against the law to do what the vulture does in NY?

    My uncertainty centers around the act of using credits from the machine; I recall the casino owns any chips found on the floor and that a "finders/keepers" claimant can be charged with theft.

    If so, by analogy at least, wouldn't the same apply to orphaned machine credits?

    *scratches head, too lazy to do the research*
    What, Me Worry?

  12. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Enterprise... NV
    Posts
    164
    That article was from 2012, so things may have changed.

    I'm not aware of laws prohibiting the taking of "found funds" other than those in Colorado, which you can read about here:

    https://news.worldcasinodirectory.co...gamblers-51189

  13. #73
    Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    That article was from 2012, so things may have changed.

    I'm not aware of laws prohibiting the taking of "found funds" other than those in Colorado, which you can read about here:

    https://news.worldcasinodirectory.co...gamblers-51189
    IIRC Pennsylvania also has strict laws Spock.

  14. #74
    While I believe it is a criminal offense to withdraw money from a machine without placing a bet in Vegas, I know for a fact that it is illegal in New Jersey. I say this because a voucher vulture stole money from my wife's VP machine.

    Before I state anything, I must claim that I am the idiot in this story. My wife and I were at Bally's in Atlantic City two years ago and we were playing on a bay of seven machines that had DDBAF. I was on machine one and my wife was on machine six. It was daytime and the place was dead empty. Other machines in our section were silent. No one was in our bay of seven. We were the only two individuals within 100 feet of the next player.

    My wife stated that she had to go to the bathroom. She left her coat on the chair, indicating that the machine was occupied. No big deal, as there is no one wanting to play these machines.

    Within a few minutes an oriental gentlemen comes by to view the machines. He looks like Sgt. Nick Yemana from Barney Miller. He pits a slip into a machine near my wife's machine and plays a few hands. He then leaves. I knew I blew it but I had no idea if my wife left money in the machine. How can I stop a guy if I have no idea what he put into the machine or if my wife left something I the machine. I called my wife immediately and learned that she had $730 in the VP machine. I frantically sprinted across the casino and found a security guard and tole him the quick ten second story. He was not as excited as me as he slowly walked towards the bay of machines.

    Luckily, another security guard was isolated on this gentleman for the previous 30 minutes. He was already pulled aside and the head of security was already in the area ready to talk to my wife and myself.

    It is a crime in NJ to take money from a machine. My wife and I could press charges or let the individual go. If we press charges, the money is held until trial. If we let the gentleman go, we get our money back immediately. Security assured us that this guy would never be allowed in the casino again. Easy decision, we did not press charges (Yes, I realize for PR purposes, Bally would prefer the latter). We tipped the security guard and went back to gambling.

    I am still upset with myself for not taking a break and simply stand in the middle of the bay of machines to make sure nothing funny happened. Lesson learned.

  15. #75
    Dummy, you have stated in the past that you often quickly make your session goal and that you are content and not greedy and leave before anyone has a chance to get a good look at your game. Sounds good but let's examine a little further. Say for example last month you played a total of 30 hours "mostly Spanish21" and you averaged $250 an hour win for a total of $7500. In that same month let's say your next door neighbor made $3000 in the same month working 200 hours at $15 an hour at McDonald's. On the surface, it looks like a really poor comparison but we are leaving out the all-important internet time. The neighbor already knows how to do his job and has no need or desire to tell anyone how he does it, so let's give him zero added time.

    As for yourself, you like to state that your internet time is your free time but is it actually free time or an obsession? Again in the example, you put in 360 hours, or 12 hours a day for the month "I am being kind" not out of the realm of a possibility. Considering the desire you have to debate and prove others wrong, and always including how good you are. Adding in 30 hours of playing time you have 390 hours. Final tally comes out to $19.23 cents an hour. Of course, your fringe "free" benefits are far greater than the neighbor considering everyone loves you and you are always welcome back. As your only concern is lifetime backoffs for accumulated wins that are far greater than others backed off for the same reason in the same store.

    Bosox writes:


    Moses replies: Interesting post Bosox. I am going to answer what I do and perhaps you can compare if you believe his claims are realistic or not. Noteworthy endeavor for a logical thinker such as you. My goal is to play 20 sessions per week. It's all I want to play because I believe maintaining a proper balance in life is more important than chasing EV. Plus I keep on eye on the stock market everyday. Therefore, reducing variance is also very important. Hence, the less bad hands I play the better. So game selection is key as I'm in control. Without going into too much detail, my game selection is more strict on Monday that it is on Friday. Somedays I don't play at all for various reasons.

    A session can be as many as a 100 hands or as few as 8 hands (very rare.) A win or loss are exit points or ties. Casino Tolerance to the upside is the win goal and thus must be the exit point for the downside. A tie goes the 100ish hand duration without either hitting the upside or the downside. Or the game is interrupted which no longer makes it a topnotch selection. The goal is to win 60% of the sessions per week. Of course that comes with losing and some ties of 40%.

    Now, my day doesn't just end at the casino. It's not the safest place to be hanging out so a get in, get paid, get out approach is crucial. But it sure leaves a lot of free time on ones hands. I wish I could tell you there are shortcuts to success in this game. I have the knowledge but not the tools to make them happen. So it comes down to hard work to find my true advantages. To hell with thresholds. Therefore, I'm in practice probably ten times more than actual playing time. My internet time is a break from the practice sessions. Unlike most, I don't worry a whole helluva lot about how much I make per hour, per day, year etc. I watch one figure and that's my bank account. If it's going up? That's a good thing. If not, that's a bad thing and needs to be rectified. But it seems all my bills are paid and there is money to go on vacation and do pretty much whatever I want. But I play to go on vacation as opposed to the worriers over profit than go on vacation to play.

    The internet being an obsession? Possibly. But what else is there to do? I keep thinking I will read something profound that will help my game. But that is very rare. So I just enjoy the many personalities that come and go. BJTF is laughable because so many are trying to be the smartest guy on the forum. But many of their claims simply cannot be done or is very difficult to perform in a single deck...much less a shoe. The latest thread about the guy stacking his chips to gain an advantage? That will last about 10 minutes in a casino. Hmmm, so he wrote a book? I wonder why. And now everyone thinks he's brilliant? A sucker is born every minute.

    Congrat's to you Bosox for always 'keeping the cheese on your cracker." I noticed you didn't even bother to comment in that thread.
    Last edited by Moses; 12-25-2018 at 05:26 AM.

  16. #76
    Post #17 shows the advantage bell curve for Hilo at TC +1 and post number, post #30 shows the advantage bell curve for the Hiopt2/ASC equivalent, which is at TC +2.5. If you look at the scale you see Hilo has twice the range into negative EV and a slightly larger range into positive territory around the mean. This tighter bell curve is what being more accuracy looks like. BC does't say anything about betting accuracy. It just gives how well the count tags correlate to the betting EoRs. Hilo BC .97 and Hiopt2/ASC BC .98 doesn't come close to illustrating how much more accurate the bell curves indicate Hiopt2/ASC bets at equivalent TCs. My twist on Hiopt2/ASC is Hiopt2/BASC (Hiopt2 with a balanced ace side count where I add half the BASC to the main count to get my betting count). The BC increases minimally at a .002 increase but betting accuracy increases a lot, and you get a Hilo TC +1 equivalent at TC +1 with an increase in advantage per TC increment that is higher than traditional Hiopt2/ASC. This makes every advantage bet made much more frequently since it is made at a lower more frequent TC (except for max bet which is made slightly less frequently). The added accuracy (lower variance) at each TC allows for larger bets to begin with and then even larger optimal betting with the same spread, RoR, BR, etc on top of that. The increase in optimal bets for the same spread, BR, RoR, etc is where most of the EV gain is produced from more accurate betting. Of course if you bet the same this gain isn't lost, it just shows up as an improvement in one of the important stats that were being held static like reduced RoR.

    T3 writes ^:


    Moses replies; Well, I'll be damned. I finally get what T3 is saying. How many months and number of lengthy posts has it been? As I suspected, he is giving the Ace more credit as a side count than the norm of Hi OPT II. Damn difficult to do in single deck. KJ would know as to the degree of difficulty on a shoe. My guess is if HiLO is the equivalent to sitting in a chair during play, then T3's approach would be like doing hand stand pushups in the chair all the time he's playing. According to sims, this move would increase his SCORE.

    For all Tarzan's gyrations, his Sim came out only slightly better than Hi Opt II/ASC on a sophisticated sim. Hi Opt II/ASC is slightly worse Wong Halves without the side count. Include an Ace side or the perfect insurance, which is the same mental exercise, and Wong Halves will pull away from the pack. I hate to fly. But I will buy a plane ticket and fly to the east coast to see T3 perform this endeavor.

    Of course, if I made these two posts at BJTF, they'd ban my ass in a NY second.
    Last edited by Moses; 12-25-2018 at 06:10 AM.

  17. #77
    I'm not going too far into depth on soft doubles, since I've mentioned about this before at some point, but as was mentioned already in the thread, key cards can have quite an impact. You mentioned Hi-Lo +4 to double A,5vs3, but there is such a thing as being at Hi-Lo +10 with the optimal decision to hit. There's such a thing as Hi-Lo index -2 with the optimal decision to double A5vs3! The Hi-Lo index is sort of broad brush and if you have lots of (4,5) removed, lots of surplus (7,8) in the remainder, this weighs in quite heavily, pushing in the direction to hit rather than double. This can be calculated to the very exact, but is more like a fun-filled trivia fact unless you are able to do the required practical application at the tables using the composition dependent index on soft doubles.

    Moses replies: So they actually let you play with a laptop and a spreadsheet at the table? Now, for most it's a stretch that you can count 3 columns by reducing the lowest to zero, side count Aces and quickly tally that amount to determine the size of your next bet. I get it. But now you say you can also side count the 23s,45s,67s,89s?

    Post #21 is Tarzan's best post in years.
    That is because it is concise and perfectly
    understandable.

    There are indeed counts like The Tarzan Count
    and two (2) others that come to mind that
    arm the user with P.E. between 0.8% and 0.9%

    These are obviously not for casual recreational users
    .

    Moses replies: I realize you think your friend Tarzan can walk on water. But you need to accept the fact you both were drunk...and that lake was frozen.

    Perhaps you need to recreationally use that wacky weed you're smokin.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Making only ONE bet at craps
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2015, 07:30 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-04-2015, 07:58 PM
  3. The Palm Closes in West Hollywood at the end of the month
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Whatever's On Your Mind
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2014, 01:55 AM
  4. Three factors weighing on prompt month Crude Oil futures
    By harreymartin in forum Money, Shopping, Real Estate, Investing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2013, 07:24 PM
  5. Bills's Gambling Hall closes in a month for makeover
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-2013, 07:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •