Thread: Eagles playoff chances

On paper it is pretty simple: Eagles beat Washington and Vikings lose to Bears. Decent possibility.

In reality much longer odds. Yeah, the Eagles should beat Washington. But they should have beaten a lot of other teams as well. But's lets assume they beat Washington. The Vikings bears scenario is much more complicated.

With a win and LA Rams loss the bears could take the #2 seed and a bye, which is something to play for. BUT the Rams play the 49ers (should be a win) and both the Rams game and Bears game are 4pm games (That is east coast times, 1pm Vegas). So that means if by halftime the Rams are up two touchdowns there is no reason for the Bears to play starters in the second half of their game vs Vikings. They will rest for a playoff game next week.

So in addition to the simple scenario of Eagles win and Viking loss, I think I need the 49er to at least keep their game with the Rams close into the second half so the bears with keep playing their starters and not just roll over and "let" Minnesota win.

One other complication: (Should the Eagles win the early game) The Bears are pretty much in a position to pick their opponent for next weeks home playoff game. Bears lose, they play the a Vikings at Home next week. Bears win, they will play the Eagles at home next week. We can argue who the bears would rather play, but I am guessing they would rather play the a Vikings.

Good points. But it doesn't like look Eagles will soar. Eagles morning win becomes a Vikings win and in afternoon playoff game for Vikings. Who would you rather play next week. Vikings or Super Bowl Champs. It would be prudent for Bears to rest players and not give up a game plan to the same opponent next week rather than expect Rams to lose to 49ers.

You might put a couple bucks on Vikings today. Sort of an ointment for the sting.

Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    You might put a couple bucks on Vikings today. Sort of an ointment for the sting.
    So turns out Eagles-Washington was not an early game. I still get confused when I look at the times. Espn lists 1pm games that are really 10am here, but VegasInsider were I go to check lines list according to my time.

Anyway, I can tell you this Mr Moses. I did not and would never put a couple bucks on Cousins to win a big game. I have seen him play in plenty of big games and he usually comes up small. Minnesota might win, and maybe Cousins will even have a good day (especially if bears rest their defense), but based on past history, I wouldn't risk money on cousins.

You're halfway home. I'm not sure if Eagles move past Seattle if they lose. But wouldn't an Eagles vs Cowboys first round matchup be classic?

E-A-G-L-E-S!!!

Good call on Kirk Cousins, Moses. lol

Cousins had less than 100 yards passing.

Edit: cousins went over 100 yards in garbage time in the last minute. But it was typical kirk cousins in a big game.
    Last edited by kewlJ; 12-30-2018 at 05:27 PM.

Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    You're halfway home. I'm not sure if Eagles move past Seattle if they lose. But wouldn't an Eagles vs Cowboys first round matchup be classic?
    No the Eagles would not have moved past Seattle. The Eagles only path was win and Minnesota lose, which occurred. Now they just need to figure out who can play quarterback.

Congrat's KJ. Good call on Cousins. I thought Bears would lay down in 2nd half. Is Bears defense that good or Cousins that bad. We'll find out next weekend. Maybe they can bring back Randall Cunningham. lol

Thread Information