Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Maintaining Seven Stars

Originally Posted by Slyfox56 View Post
    Happy New Year Everyone!

As a newly invited (haha!) Seven Stars player, my mind is now turning to how best to maintain being Seven Stars if I so choose.

Do any of you have tips or tricks on earning TPs for for the smallest amount of loss? For example, are there any games besides VP that you would play to build TP (I am open to expanding the repertoire of games I play). Or is there is a good way to run money through certain types of games to build points while minimizing losses. It seems like low variance, low house percentage games would be the best for this purpose, but they also have to be some form of machine game because how they award TP at the tables really sucks

If you get this far, thanks for even taking the time to read all my newbie comments/questions. Cause as was said on another active thread - (paraphrasing) what idiot APs would actually want to be helpful to newbies?!
    Hi Slyfox:

There is now a February 2X Tier Bonus (up to 25,000) if you opt in and play in February.

Here is the opt-in link:

https://www.caesars.com/total-reward...dit-multiplier

The terms and conditions are here:

https://www.caesars.com/total-reward...dit-multiplier

That should get you started in increasing tiers on your way to maintaining Seven Stars.

FAB

Thanks for that tip, FAB.

I didn't know about this.

For those wondering, this does NOT double your daily bonus. It only doubles base tiers.

However, this does allow you to earn 10,000 total tiers for 2,500 base tiers of play in a day, or 20,000 tiers for 5,000 base tiers play in a day.

This does NOT really help Diamond in a Day attempts, but you could earn Diamond optimally by doing the following:

Day 1: Play 2500 tiers, earn 2500 from this promo and another 5k from the normal bonus, totaling 10k

Day 2: Play 1000 tiers, earn 1000 from this promo and another 1k from the normal bonus, totaling 3k.

Day 3: Play 1000 tiers, which will get you another 3k in the same fashion.

So you actually have to play 4500 base tiers doing this, rather than 5000. But it would take 3 separate days.

Another option is to use this to help yourself to get to 25k so you can access the lounges. That could be accomplished by playing 5000 base tiers on day 1 (20k), 1000 on day 2, and 1000 on day 3 (or alternatively, 2500 on Day 2 and nothing on Day 3), and that would get you there.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

They now give you 10KTP for signing-up 20 people to CR (500 TP/person) and 5TP/$ spent on hotel rates.

does anyone know about if there is a June 2X promotion?

Originally Posted by skyscanner View Post
    I am unaware of any such CET promotion although a specific property may have them time to time. Those kind of system wide promotions typically occur in the beginning or end of a year. Right now there is a mish-mash of "Challenges", "Leaderboard" and "badges" which do not trigger many points.

Originally Posted by FABismonte View Post
    I am unaware of any such CET promotion although a specific property may have them time to time. Those kind of system wide promotions typically occur in the beginning or end of a year. Right now there is a mish-mash of "Challenges", "Leaderboard" and "badges" which do not trigger many points.
    They did a 2X promotion last year in June.

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Read this and tell me if you have any questions: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...-around-the-US
    From your experience with the 9/6 JoB machines in Lake Tahoe, what would be the required bankroll to earn 2.5k TP on 8 hands with 0.25$/credit, please?

Read this and tell me if you have any questions: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...-around-the-US
    From your experience with the 9/6 JoB machines in Lake Tahoe, what would be the required bankroll to earn 2.5k TP on 8 hands with 0.25$/credit, please?
    I ran super badly though I played 5-handed $1.

If you bring $3000, you should probably be safe. But it's always better to bring too much just in case.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

If you bring $3000, you should probably be safe. But it's always better to bring too much just in case.
    There was someone in the high limit at Harrah playing 45K in one 9/6 JoB machine and 35K in the other!

There was someone in the high limit at Harrah playing 45K in one 9/6 JoB machine and 35K in the other!
    Skyscanner are you saying you tried to play the two 50 play machines and could not get on and also did not expect to soon given the balance of credits in the machines?

I was at Harrahs Lake Tahoe this weekend and among other machines, played a 50 Play machine which had both 9/6 Jacks and 8/5 Bonus Poker. I played at the quarter denomination and at the time was focused on earning points. I see two 50 play machines at Harrahs High Limit and I think they are pretty good at getting points. I like to earn points to "Pay" for the room and comps and any promos, then play craps which earn very few points at Harrahs and Harveys in Lake Tahoe.

To me one of the obstacles of video poker is the variance in that unless you hit a royal, you will be down about two percent of the pay back. My thought in playing the 50 play machine is that I would have a much better chance of hitting royal. It worked out this time.

As you can see, I was dealt a flush on Bonus Poker but it was four to a royal. So I threw away the 9 of diamonds and came up with two royals. I did a close up so you can see the two royal hits.

FAB
    Attached Images Attached Images      

The proper bankroll for single line $1 9/6 JoB to avoid RoR is $11,000. $3000 is FAR too small a bankroll to be playing five-play dollar 9/6 JoB with. But you played at a Harrah's property. That is what most people do there.

is there a 99.95% nines or better at Caesars Windsor?

Originally Posted by pkspins View Post
    Originally Posted by jpfromla View Post
    I'm confused here.

Why would slots ever be a better choice than 99%-type VP to earn tier credits?

Slots have a very bad return.. something like 90-92%. I can't see where playing slots for tier credits would ever be a good idea, aside from a jackpot situation which temporarily makes the machine +EV or close to it.
    $10 = 1 Tier VP
    $5 = 1 Tier Slots

Not sure how that adds up with the math.....
    I forgot about the difference in TC accrual for coin-in.
    I suggested these slots because
    1) she was looking for other ideas for games other than VP to accrue TC
    2) the kinds I suggested can work well for that
    3) these can also be handy for promotions that exclude VP, which is how I figured what I knew and shared out.
    There is always luck involved, moreso that meeting the lifetime EV stat of VP, but by risking a minimum amount these would be a useful alternative for limited play to vary things from VP.
    There is one such promotion, I mean one that pkspins mentioned at 3) above at Harrah's Ak-Chin where they award you a 2-5X Tier multiplier on July 12th. Unfortunately, VP is excluded, so one must play slots or keno instead.

Thread Information