Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trip report (with no pics) - New Years in Vegas

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    If you use a Caesars $100 coupon it makes no sense not to max it out even if you only eat two bites of a sushi roll at Nobu.
    But does it make sense to try to order only enough so that it's exactly covered by the coupon, like it's a game and you're a contestant on the Price is Right?

Why not order whatever you want, use the coupon for full value, and a crowbar to open your wallet and cover the rest?

The guy plays in $10K buy-in poker tournaments, and he's sweating an extra $100 on a holiday dinner with his family?
    Jackie Gaughan played in his own $3 poker game and he ratholed quarters.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Coach last night our check came to $188. Obviously I opened my wallet and didn't limit our dinner to $100.

$300 is about right for three people at Nobu. So Dan was right on with his $301 check.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    If you use a Caesars $100 coupon it makes no sense not to max it out even if you only eat two bites of a sushi roll at Nobu.
    But does it make sense to try to order only enough so that it's exactly covered by the coupon, like it's a game and you're a contestant on the Price is Right?

Why not order whatever you want, use the coupon for full value, and a crowbar to open your wallet and cover the rest?

The guy plays in $10K buy-in poker tournaments, and he's sweating an extra $100 on a holiday dinner with his family?
    I just explained. We order what we want, and then try new things until the bill comes near a multiple of $100.

But if you really think $100 is nothing, send me $100 and I'll promise not to do this next time.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I don't trust food service people either, but sometimes you have no choice. Usually I will wait until the end of the meal to make any complaints.
    We figured that pointing this out would receive an apology and an offer to replace at least part of it
    Would you have accepted an offer to replace the steak?
    Yes.

But the server argued with me, took the steak, vanished awhile, came back and said the manager was coming, then more time passed, and then he showed up and argued.

By that point everyone was done eating and we just wanted to leave.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

But if you really think $100 is nothing, send me $100 and I'll promise not to do this next time.
    How about I hand it to you personally when I visit LV in May?

That will cover the fee that the Donkey originally promised you.

We can invite any of your VCT members man enough to show up and witness the exchange, Alan can capture the event on his phone and post it here for everybody else to view.

While I will never understand the mindset that has no problem gambling hundreds of thousands of dollars as a way of dreaming about striking it rich, I find it even more mind-boggling that the same person has the need to neurotically max out every penny of a freebie, and gets so worked up over feeling slighted over ANY amount-especially at a family holiday meal out. I guess that's the wonderful California lifestyle for you. Leased fancy cars and one-upmanship on every street, fake boob's and face lifts at every PTA meeting, frustrated soccer moms at every park, and nervous tax cheats in every office.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    While I will never understand the mindset that has no problem gambling hundreds of thousands of dollars as a way of dreaming about striking it rich, I find it even more mind-boggling that the same person has the need to neurotically max out every penny of a freebie, and gets so worked up over feeling slighted over ANY amount-especially at a family holiday meal out.
    What will he complain about next?...that the toothpick dispenser was empty?

While I will never understand the mindset that has no problem gambling hundreds of thousands of dollars as a way of dreaming about striking it rich, I find it even more mind-boggling that the same person has the need to neurotically max out every penny of a freebie, and gets so worked up over feeling slighted over ANY amount-especially at a family holiday meal out.
    It's the nature of somepeople coach. Although, when a regular gambler does it in this manner and this often, you figure it's the AP phantom bucks pushing all the buttons.

Nah, he'll bitch about how Walgreen's was out of XL Magnum rubbers and how he had to make do with the inner tube of a fat-tired mountain bike, lubed of course with the tears of his detractors.
    What, Me Worry?

Welcome back Coach! And Rob.

Sorry to see the loser ploppy friends you associate with on the AC TA forum are slowly dying off.

Good people debating how to lose less 50 weeks a year like you. Of course they go on “vacation “ 2 weeks a year,

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Sorry to see the loser ploppy friends you associate with on the AC TA forum are slowly dying off
    I don't have, or associate with, any loser ploppy friends on the AC TA forum. TA is a travel forum, there's no debate about gambling permitted.

But enough about me and TA.

I've read that you own a business in PA (I read that it's a restaurant), and you invited none other than the wormm himself to visit you at your place of business.

I'd like to visit you at your place of business.

Can I get an invite?

While I will never understand the mindset that has no problem gambling hundreds of thousands of dollars as a way of dreaming about striking it rich, I find it even more mind-boggling that the same person has the need to neurotically max out every penny of a freebie, and gets so worked up over feeling slighted over ANY amount-especially at a family holiday meal out. I guess that's the wonderful California lifestyle for you. Leased fancy cars and one-upmanship on every street, fake boob's and face lifts at every PTA meeting, frustrated soccer moms at every park, and nervous tax cheats in every office.
    I think there's a high chance that Rob and coach belly both get "worked up" when stuff like this happens to them, but they enjoy playing the part of "I'm so successful, I don't sweat getting ripped off of $50 here or there" on the forum.

There's actually not much to discuss or debate here.

The Caesars Seven Stars dinner comps are in multiples of $100, so if you're going to spend $150 anyway, you might as well tack on a few appetizers and desserts to kick the bill up to $200. That's basically what I did, and if you don't do it that way, you're a fool.

The steak thing was a matter of screwing up my girlfriend's order and refusing to correct it or own up to it, until it was too late. I realize that there are some chumps out there who just pay the bill and say nothing, but I'm not one of those people. I would have preferred they just replace the steak (or at least part of it), and she could enjoy the part she couldn't eat, but they took so long arguing with me, by the time we had a resolution, she wasn't hungry anymore.

Neither of these things is even slightly unreasonable. I would do the same things if I had a billion dollars to my name.

How about I hand it to you personally when I visit LV in May?

That will cover the fee that the Donkey originally promised you.

We can invite any of your VCT members man enough to show up and witness the exchange, Alan can capture the event on his phone and post it here for everybody else to view.
    Man oh man, is this flamer hot to meet strange guys or what?...all he ever talks about...weird

I think there's a high chance that Rob and coach belly both get "worked up" when stuff like this happens to them, but they enjoy playing the part of "I'm so successful, I don't sweat getting ripped off of $50 here or there" on the forum.

There's actually not much to discuss or debate here.

The Caesars Seven Stars dinner comps are in multiples of $100, so if you're going to spend $150 anyway, you might as well tack on a few appetizers and desserts to kick the bill up to $200. That's basically what I did, and if you don't do it that way, you're a fool.

The steak thing was a matter of screwing up my girlfriend's order and refusing to correct it or own up to it, until it was too late. I realize that there are some chumps out there who just pay the bill and say nothing, but I'm not one of those people. I would have preferred they just replace the steak (or at least part of it), and she could enjoy the part she couldn't eat, but they took so long arguing with me, by the time we had a resolution, she wasn't hungry anymore.

Neither of these things is even slightly unreasonable. I would do the same things if I had a billion dollars to my name.
    Dan, you might be one of the most misguided middle aged guys on the internet. I don't know about coach, but based on what I've done throughout my life, In my world I am not rich. I believe when I explain what I have from a lifetime of work and being married 40 years to the same type of career professional, couples like us with matching low 7-figure retirement accounts and now just over $10k/month income in pensions and SS income thanks to the 2.8% COLA raise in2019, we're really a dime a dozen for retired baby boomers.

But because to you gamblers $60k or $150k per year seems like the end-all that "only" AP's can achieve--with most or all of you having no retirement savings or very little--the stuff I talk about does not compute without it being the "bragging of a rich guy".

There's another world out there, and it's called getting an education, being motivated to have a meaningful and successful career, and loving and respecting another person forever so that you can have a long marriage and stable lifetime to the extent possible. These are the keys to making it. And when you do, you find that sweating all these silly little small things that contribute to your GERD, back spasms, etc. are just not worth it.

So if you're a successful gambler in your mind, then run with that and stop the worrying about feeling or being slighted, etc. You'll feel a LOT better about yourself when you get to my age....if you get to my age.

Money means nothing compared to being at peace with your life. Think about that the next time you feel someone is taking advantage of you to the tune of a hundred bucks.

I believe when I explain what I have from a lifetime of work and being married 40 years to the same type of career professional, couples like us with matching low 7-figure retirement accounts and now just over $10k/month income in pensions and SS income thanks to the 2.8% COLA raise in2019, we're really a dime a dozen for retired baby boomers.
    More tall tales from the swamp.

"Drain the swamp!"
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    I believe when I explain what I have from a lifetime of work and being married 40 years to the same type of career professional, couples like us with matching low 7-figure retirement accounts and now just over $10k/month income in pensions and SS income thanks to the 2.8% COLA raise in2019, we're really a dime a dozen for retired baby boomers.

"Drain the swamp!"
    Doesn't it look as if MrV gets irritated whenever Alan or I post positive things from our lives? And to think none of it comes via government assistance.....

Rob, I am not irritated by you, rather I am amused by and enjoy responding to your nonsensical posts.

I've learned not to take anything you say seriously and ascribe not a whit of truth to your claims, whatever they may be.

Ah, schadenfreude.
    What, Me Worry?

Money means nothing compared to being at peace with your life.
    My Uncle Buss used to say "it's not a crime to be poor. Just damned inconvenient."

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post

"Drain the swamp!"
    Doesn't it look as if MrV gets irritated whenever Alan or I post positive things from our lives? And to think none of it comes via government assistance.....
    Not anymore, after the govt cut you off welfare and made you ineligible for frauding.

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    Not anymore, after the govt cut you off welfare and made you ineligible for frauding.
    Huh? Man...you sure spend a lot of time and energy getting in other peoples business. I seriously doubt your statement is true in any way shape or form. But suppose it is? What business is it of yours? Seems to me you just look for trouble and then run from it. I suspect you're benefiting from our govt.

Thread Information