Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harrah's Joliet Reward Credit Multiplier Dependent on Temperature

Originally Posted by regnis View Post
    FAB--projected low tomorrow is -3. Looking at a 10x multi at that temp.
    Thanks counsel, but if Dan's interpretation of the fine print is accurate (I cannot see any better) I believe the relevant time is to look on January 25 at noon Central time at www.weather.com for the low forecast for January 26 -- so I think the jury is still out.

FAB

Looks like the forecast for tomorrow's low is 2, so it just misses the 10x.

Sadly, this just misses a historic cold spell, with Wednesday forecasted for -19, which could easily get below -20! In fact the high will only be -11 that day.

Multiplier will be 7x.

Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Hi Dan:

You are correct. Times 7 Multiplier today.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The Craps tables at Harrahs Joliet have BOTH the Firebet and the ATS. The ATS has good old odds. See below. I never played at a table with both before. There are 20 times odds which is all I use.

I bought in for only $200 and came out with $1200. $125 of that was on a four point firebet.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

How were the tables FAB? Bouncy or pretty dull. I wonder if enough years have passed for me to go back there although it is a horrible drive for me.

Hi Regnis:

I really liked the tables. They were neither too bouncy nor too firm. The odds were 20 times but I never saw anyone playing that level. There are two tables near the entrance with about $10 min. There is also one table in the back with was either $15 OR $25 min. The players did a lot more crazy crapper bets in the middle which really slowed down the game, ie lots of "horn high yos" and 5's on the hop --even if it was not the come out roll.

That said, I usually play in Vegas or Lake Tahoe which are vacation destinations but the players in Joliet are not happy vacationers, more like locals who are trying to make money. So I did not see a lot of bets for the dealers nor as many happy faces. That said, no comped alcohol so that may have made a difference in "joviality."

Last time that I was there (and as I said it is years now) they only had 2 tables and usually only one was open. They didn't have that extra higher level game. We used to have enough heat to make them raise the minimum to $25 or open another table at $50. That kept the dollar gimmick betters out as the middle bets were all then $5 minimum and the game was much faster and smoother.

Did you use the hotel? If so is it still pretty nice. Used to spend a lot of nights there when I didn't want to drive home in the middle of the night in a snow storm. Kept the extra shirt and suit in the trunk.

Originally Posted by regnis View Post

Did you use the hotel? If so is it still pretty nice. Used to spend a lot of nights there when I didn't want to drive home in the middle of the night in a snow storm. Kept the extra shirt and suit in the trunk.
    Hi Regnis:

The hotel room we had was fine but only fine. It certainly wasn't luxurious or special. Oddly, we were assigned a room on the 9th floor which required a key to open up the floor on the elevator. The room had a coffee maker and a refrigerator. But although the website referred to having water and sodas stocked complimentary. There was only daily two small bottles of water and a bottle of diet Pepsi and regular Pepsi. I have had more drinks stocks gratis by the El Cortez. I was particularly disappointed in having shampoo and body wash dispensers in the bathroom and not bottles or shampoo or bath bar soap.

I guess given the artic temperature, any room was good but it was more like a Holiday Inn than the Ritz.
    Last edited by FABismonte; 01-28-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Thread Information