Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Golden Egypt machines

Mickey those figures are winrates. .87 means +.87 units.

The table for wilds shows RTP.

I personally think his numbers look very believable. For OM I was less sure but OM is unintuitive because you're really playing either (1) with a bubble in the third column, or (2) betting with modest subsidy from the other columns while hoping to get a third column bubble. In other words if I'm not mistaken almost all of the non-3rd column plays would not be plays if you knew that no bubble was going to come on the third column.

Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post
    Mickey those figures are winrates. .87 means +.87 units.

The table for wilds shows RTP.

I personally think his numbers look very believable. For OM I was less sure but OM is unintuitive because you're really playing either (1) with a bubble in the third column, or (2) betting with modest subsidy from the other columns while hoping to get a third column bubble. In other words if I'm not mistaken almost all of the non-3rd column plays would not be plays if you knew that no bubble was going to come on the third column.
    Okay, I see it now. I misread the graph.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Anyone know what Golden Egypt Grand needs to be plus EV?

Originally Posted by ke6cdh View Post
    I have no experience with them.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

I have played it a few times. I was playing it the same way as I would play GE - you need to be one away from a wild in two of the first 3 columns.

It might seem like you should relax the requirements a bit because with for example 1/1/2 you're getting "extra" gold compared to regular GE. But so much of the payback in GE is specifically from getting 2 of the first 3 columns simultaneously wild that having gold loaded up with not much of a chance of accomplishing that is not worth much. Or that's my guess.

I do wonder if the new possibility of getting x/3/4 (i.e. columns 2 and 3 wild for 3 consecutive spins) is so valuable that the game has been altered somehow to offset that. Maybe gold in general is less common?

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by LeonardShelby View Post
    Hi Mickey, I'd like to get your thoughts on the bonus. So far I've observed the following:

33 5/3 avg win 58x 3 highest: 140, 106, 95 3 lowest: 33, 33, 16

32 15/2 avg win 68x 3 highest: 186, 160,150 3 lowest: 31, 30, 15

A handful of 30/1 all between 50-100x

Small sample size but significant difference.

These are for both GE and GE Grand. I just recently started tracking specific game and denom.

IF everything is equal based on your 1-350 number, your chances of retriggering are:
    5/3 1 in 70
    15/2 1 in 23.3
    30/1 1 in 11.6

I emphasize if because the rules state; "Different reels are used during free games depending on the number of trigger symbols with which you entered the bonus and the selected number of free games"

Thoughts on what this could mean? My guess is specifically the frequency of the bonus symbol and your chances of retriggering are the same for all games. I also wouldn't be surprised if your avg win is going to be the same for all games.

Also, do you think one option could be better based on the number of lines played?

Thank you.
    The 1 in 350 number is just an estimation. I never did any actual tracking. When I first started playing the GE's I went with the 5 games in the bonus round. My thinking was I at least get all the 3 in a rows. But observing ploppies picking the 15 games and getting good results I switched. I tracked the first ten bonus rounds and averaged 70 bets per bonus round so stuck with that.
    I have started picking 15 games and seem to do better although haven’t tracked because where I play they are very uptight so don’t want to try to write anything down. It got me to thinking though.....since the machine has a therotical payback percentage, shouldn’t the 3 all average out to the same in the long run? If one selection has a better payback to the player wouldn’t then the long term results be affected by what players select? My thinking is just that the 5 games is a lot more volatile. You’ll have some big hits and some big bricks (which I have experienced) the 15 games is probAbly average and the 30 games you will get tend to get a little below average most times with only 1 wild but the retriggers and the few times you line up all the symbols would make it average long term. I dunno, does my thinking sound logical on this?

Originally Posted by DGenBen View Post
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by LeonardShelby View Post
    Hi Mickey, I'd like to get your thoughts on the bonus. So far I've observed the following:

33 5/3 avg win 58x 3 highest: 140, 106, 95 3 lowest: 33, 33, 16

32 15/2 avg win 68x 3 highest: 186, 160,150 3 lowest: 31, 30, 15

A handful of 30/1 all between 50-100x

Small sample size but significant difference.

These are for both GE and GE Grand. I just recently started tracking specific game and denom.

IF everything is equal based on your 1-350 number, your chances of retriggering are:
    5/3 1 in 70
    15/2 1 in 23.3
    30/1 1 in 11.6

I emphasize if because the rules state; "Different reels are used during free games depending on the number of trigger symbols with which you entered the bonus and the selected number of free games"

Thoughts on what this could mean? My guess is specifically the frequency of the bonus symbol and your chances of retriggering are the same for all games. I also wouldn't be surprised if your avg win is going to be the same for all games.

Also, do you think one option could be better based on the number of lines played?

Thank you.
    The 1 in 350 number is just an estimation. I never did any actual tracking. When I first started playing the GE's I went with the 5 games in the bonus round. My thinking was I at least get all the 3 in a rows. But observing ploppies picking the 15 games and getting good results I switched. I tracked the first ten bonus rounds and averaged 70 bets per bonus round so stuck with that.
    I have started picking 15 games and seem to do better although haven’t tracked because where I play they are very uptight so don’t want to try to write anything down. It got me to thinking though.....since the machine has a therotical payback percentage, shouldn’t the 3 all average out to the same in the long run? If one selection has a better payback to the player wouldn’t then the long term results be affected by what players select? My thinking is just that the 5 games is a lot more volatile. You’ll have some big hits and some big bricks (which I have experienced) the 15 games is probAbly average and the 30 games you will get tend to get a little below average most times with only 1 wild but the retriggers and the few times you line up all the symbols would make it average long term. I dunno, does my thinking sound logical on this?
    I guess to ask it more succinctly is the free games choice really just a choice of how much volatility you want and it does not affect the long term results?

I've had the exact same thought as you regarding the logical necessity that the three options have equal value if the machine RTP is understood to be exact and not some kind of estimate.

That would also explain why different reels are chosen for the three options - to get the RTP for each to line up exactly while allowing for "round" numbers of spins like 5/15/30.

From what I've seen, like OM grand, the base pays seem to be weaker than the original game to make up for the possibility of huge pays from full stacks of wilds For example 2 king tut heads lining up with paid a lot less than it would pay on original GE

you need to be one away from a wild in two of the first 3 columns.
    I'm not buying this.

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    you need to be one away from a wild in two of the first 3 columns.
    I'm not buying this.
    Well it can't be literally true for either GE or GE Grand, otherwise you would be excluding for example reels 3-5 simultaneously wild with nothing else, or 0/1/3/2/1 in GE Grand.

But it seemed to me the general principle of GE holds for Grand.

I have played it a few times. I was playing it the same way as I would play GE - you need to be one away from a wild in two of the first 3 columns.

It might seem like you should relax the requirements a bit because with for example 1/1/2 you're getting "extra" gold compared to regular GE. But so much of the payback in GE is specifically from getting 2 of the first 3 columns simultaneously wild that having gold loaded up with not much of a chance of accomplishing that is not worth much. Or that's my guess.

I do wonder if the new possibility of getting x/3/4 (i.e. columns 2 and 3 wild for 3 consecutive spins) is so valuable that the game has been altered somehow to offset that. Maybe gold in general is less common?
    I'm not buying this. Someone must know how many coins are needed in Golden Egypt Grand to be +EV?

I've had the exact same thought as you regarding the logical necessity that the three options have equal value if the machine RTP is understood to be exact and not some kind of estimate.

That would also explain why different reels are chosen for the three options - to get the RTP for each to line up exactly while allowing for "round" numbers of spins like 5/15/30.
    I clocked the 15 games though 10 bonus rounds. It averaged 70 bets per round. I knew it was high but stuck with it.

I clocked the Aladdin's 2 spins/6 spins 10 times each. The 2 spins averaged 37.7 units returned. The 6 spins averaged 39.2 units returned.

I finally hit a bonus round on GE Grand $1.50 bet $114.97 winName:  ge grand.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  469.6 KB

Nice hit! By the way, does anyone know why the bet options on IGT machines seem to lock up a lot? Im not talking about when someone uses the lock button panel option. Im familiar with that but have noticed recently on several IGT machines when you try to check other bet levels for plays it won't let you change the bet?

This happened to me on a GE grand and if you cashed out it would let you change bets with no money in but once you put money back in it froze on the bet. Seen it happen recently on several other IGT machines and cashing in out wont fix it.

I had a similar problem a week ago when I was playing the GE Grand machines. Before depositing money, I could not change the denominations. Eventually, I found a button on the lower left hand side that allowed you to rotate through each denomination, in order. Frankly, it was faster than hitting each individual button.

After a payout, I would forget which other denomination was a strong play. I just hit the lower left hand button and scroll through the options. I can't explain why. I guess I just accepted this different method of exploring the machine.

Originally Posted by DGenBen View Post
    Nice hit! By the way, does anyone know why the bet options on IGT machines seem to lock up a lot? Im not talking about when someone uses the lock button panel option. Im familiar with that but have noticed recently on several IGT machines when you try to check other bet levels for plays it won't let you change the bet?

This happened to me on a GE grand and if you cashed out it would let you change bets with no money in but once you put money back in it froze on the bet. Seen it happen recently on several other IGT machines and cashing in out wont fix it.
    Occurs frequently. The machine needs to be rebooted.

It's not a reboot issue. It's a sensor issue. It thinks it has an open "door" in the cabinet. Try pressing on it to make sure it's closed.

It's not a reboot issue. It's a sensor issue. It thinks it has an open "door" in the cabinet. Try pressing on it to make sure it's closed.
    I've had them both ways, open door and screen sensor needs rebooting.

Thank you guys for a great threat. Nice to stay on topic without repeating, repeating dialog about nothing constructive.

Thread Information