With all the discussions currently going on about BJTF, wizard of odds, zenzone, this forum, etc, I thought this would be a good time to ask some general question about these forums. I’ve been curious on how all these forums came to be. What is the history behind them? The first forum I signed onto was bj21.com about 2 years ago. My handle was bob32. Don’t remember why I used 32, but bob has always been my go to name.

I’m still a member there but don’t visit it much since it seems pretty dead. I probably should stop the autopay from my credit card so I don’t keep renewing my subscription. I got on that site to ask a blackjack question and the person that answerd it was Don S, so I was very impressed to get a personal reply from the legend himself.

Back to my questions: Why are there so many blackjack forums? Why is one more popular than another? Why did bj21.com somewhat go by the wayside? What is blackjack.info? I also check it out from time to time, but nothing is usually going on there. I’ve been checking out zenzone more than the others due to Moses’s entertaining posts. Yes, I’ve become a Moses groupie too.

The other one I always check out is wizard of odds, mostly because of some good advice from Romes. Why does he only post on that site? I know that’s not a question anybody but him can answer, but I’ve always wondered why I don’t see him on other forums. I listened to his GWAE podcast and thought it was excellent!

This question is mostly for KJ since he seems to know the most about these forums, but anybody can answer. I’m just trying to understand better how and why these different sites came to be...and why some are more popular than others.

I really like this one. It has a lot of good information and people aren’t scared of posting or being banned. It seems like that is a big thing with these different sites...banning people for trivial things. I also like that this site is free, but I don’t know why. I’m sure Dan could charge a token fee and we’d still all be here.

One more question for KJ: Have you ever thought about being on GWAE? I think you'd make a great guest since your play is more in line with the average bj grinder. I really like your adivce. I’ve listened to the podcasts with Joe and Youshi but I have a hard time believing some of their stores. They claimed they made from $300,000 to $400,000 in their first year, starting with next to nothing. And seven figures within two or theee years. I know it’s possible but it’s hard for me to believe. Kj’s stories sound more believable. Anyway, I hope someday you can get on GMAE to tell your story.

The other person who should be on GWAE is Moses. Wow, that would be one for the ages! It’d probably be one of the more popular podcasts with all Moses unique stores and sense of humor.